Negative Ion Generators Dangerous??

Hey, my mom says my room stinks all the time, anybody know where I could get one for my room at around 15 bucks or any stores?

The one that was linked looked pretty cool but the site it’s on will make my mom suspicious that it’s a scam.

No, its not a scam I ordered and got it within a few days (2-3 can’t remember) I have been busy lately and I just installed it and im going to try it tonight and post results tomorrow! And your room stinks?? It’s probably not the air or the whole house would smell that way… maybe you need to up your hygiene or leave some windows open :confused:

I just ordered one myself last night for $59, and free shipping from www.surroundair.com I can’t wait to get it. I’ve never had one before. My parents both smoke up the whole damn house and I’m tired of not being able to breath. This one is supposed to have like 16 or 17 needle points and is also suppossed to be the quietest one out there. Also it doesn’t have filters that have to be changed, you just take out the metal piece, wipe it off, and put it back in. I’ll let you know if it has any effect on my dreams. Never even thought about that before.

Er. the ion thing is supposed to remove dust. Don’t know about smells, but the air coming out of it sure smells good. I’d recommend opening your window… that always gets bad smells out of my room.

:wink:

if you can figure that one out.

On the internet some years ago…

Unless you have lots of pollution in your city/town/country… in which case I don’t recommend opening your window all the time…

WOW! Just got it yesterday, and left it on all day. When I went to sleep last night, I awoke this morning with a total of 6 dreams fully recalled. I even had a lucid dream. Don’t know if it really had anything to do with the negative ion generator or not, but it is interesting to note that all 6 of my dreams were extremely vivid as opposed to the normal amount of dreams I have been having before.

kila, now your making me get one, I’ll get that one on the first page for 10 bucks next week!

It may not hurt with the smell but it couldn’t hurt. I can’t smell my room but everyone else can. Also, I live near chicago, opening my windows makes my room VERY cold at night

Adderal seems to make my body act like a machine, it suppresses the urge to eat food greatly and makes me negate effects like tiredness. I couldn’t get to sleep do to it and have been awak for over a day and a half without feeling tired at all(not even a yawn).

Anybody know of anything that can make me tired enough to fall asleep or just make me sleep? I work out daily and eat less on it, technically I should be dead tired, but I’m like terminator :cry: and don’t feel tired! It also keeps me from sleeping for at least a 1 hour when I enter the bed since I’m rarely tired/

Get a girlfriend!!:slight_smile:
Apart from this you can make yourself a hot bath and drink some milk.It has calming effects.Maybe you`re drinking something like powerade or red bull too much?try to skip those before night time:)
good luck:)

I got one(the first one I ordered didn’t have the order go through) and got it working, it seems to have improved my recall alot…that might just be luck though…

The one I have has a metal collection plate that you can easily remove for cleaning in soap and water. I cleaned it yesterday and was shocked at the water afterwards. It was BLACK! Even when I wiped it clean with a rag, the rag was almost as dirty. I couldn’t believe how much bacteria and germs were floating around in the air. If you don’t have one I suggest you get one. You will breath a lot easier.

ok so could somebody please explain how this could help you with your dream recall and/or lucid dreams? i just dont get it im confused. :confused:

I don’t think it can help you much but make you more comfortable. I wouldn’t call this a device to help out with lucid dreaming but it certainly makes life easier for lots of people, especially those with allergies…

be sure to clean your ion generator (if dust sticks to it) or it won’t work anymore…

I think it helps out, even if it only helps a little, because the machine pulls in air and removes all the bacteria, mold, mildew, spores, hair follicles, and skin cells from it (think about when the sun comes through a window and you see all those minute particles floating around a room) before sending the air back out purified. When you sleep at night and go into the deeper states, you will take deeper breaths, and even if your breathing is normal, the cleaner the oxygen that your body and mind recieves, the better your sleep cycles will be, and that could possibly mean that your REM cycles would be more fluent, enhanced and uninterrupted.

Sounds interesting, might buy one if I can find one that’s not too expensive. Does it really increase dream recall for everyone here that has one.

My dream recall sometimes is excellent and sometimes it isn’t too good…
depends on how much you sleep/whether you are tired etc.
I have an ionizer plus an airconditioner with ionizer too. But I’m not putting the aircond. on these days, but I will in the coming hot summer - I have to see if there is improvement due to that…

The one I have is some cheap ten dollar one that I had to build my own socket for.

Day2:
My dream recall did imrpove greatly last night, I remembered all my dreams temporarily, but since I had to run to the shower I quickly forgot them.

Found a cheap one. Ordering it asap. And if it doesn’t work I will haunt someones dreams asap :devil:

After a few days…well my dream recall has been crap for the past 3 weeks and the weeks with the thing have been better but not enough on it’s own to pull me out of the slump, but considering it costs $10 and cleans the air, it’s obviously not hurting anything.