Lucid Bar

Hubbs asked so what exactly is in your cider? Is it alone?and bitter, whats that?

The cider is just neat, strong, dry/medium cider. I have been known to have whiskey mixed with weak cider in the past…but if you mixed it with the strong stuff…it would be lethal!!

Bitter is just a type of generic beer. The type I have in the house at the moment is Shipstone’s (established 1990) and it’s 4% vol. The cider above is even stronger.

I never get hangovers…and I’m not an alcoholic. :beer:

Pretty Cool, i never knew cider had wiskey, pretty intresting. Lately myself, i been bar Hoping in Ft. Luaderdale, FL, and they actually offer free shots of liquor, but charge a great amount for beer. Yet the marlins won, so it was a celebration, and there was tons of Girls!(Women) I had a great time, but had a one to many. No hangover though :tongue:

Im still on the search for that wonder Beer :cool:

And i think i just found that wonder beer last night, here’s a link https://www.becksbeer.com/highres/index_products.html(hopefully it will work) Its Beck’s Oktoberfest , this was the best beer i had since George Killians, it wassugar to my lips, i love it. To bad its only a certain amount of time though, i want to go to Germany now. :cry:

I just had to let you know :content:

I’m a whiskey man myself. Jack daniels, Crown, I’ll drink it all straight.

I like this one beer, I know I won’t spell it right but, warsteiner. But since I’m really broke, I stick to 40’s of icehouse or colt .45.

Don’t mind picking up some Jägermeister either…basically just give me some liquor and it’ll be gone in the morning.

I don’t like vodka or tequilla to much, Well I don’t mind it, it’s my stomach that hates it. :cry:

Meant to add, https://www.webtender.com is a good site to find recipes for mixed drinks. A few pop-ups so beware! :razz:

Wait, isn´t becks an international beer? I thought you can get this one everywhere.
Anyway, here it is standard.If there are different kinds of beer to pick from, it´s usually Becks and some others.
Christopher, you almost spelt it right, it´s Wahrsteiner.

And to add some new suggestion:
I was in Köln (Cologne) last weekend, and drank “Kölsch” for the first time.This is not a label but a kind of beer.And it tastes good :wink:

Hehe, sorry, but there are very few occasions were you can try to show-off cause you live in germany, so I got to use it :wink:

tapir

I’ve seen that beer plenty of times to deny it, is it good? I heard advertisements on the radio too, but the cmmericial seemed way to cheasy. Its kinda of expensive too :sad: Like that Oktoberfest , that was 15$
for a 12 pack! :cool_laugh:

Wow, i never thought i would come back to this thread, but i made a new discovery. Well, its not new, but its my first time trying it. Im not sure if anyone has tried it, or liked it. I think its ok, i’ve seen it in the store loads of times, but never bought it just because it was expensive. It’s called Flying dog, the label has a weird illustration on it, kind of like Fear and Loathing, if you ever saw the book. Well, the type i bought is called Road Dog, its marked on a scale from light to dark and malty to hoppy. The marking is malty and dark, it has a different taste from most beers, i kind of like it. Ever heard of it? ever tried it? Give me some thoughts :happy: .

Just wanted to get that off my chest :grin:

My top three beers:

Rickards Honey Brown
Heineken
Big Bear (1.2 liter bottle at 8 percent…mmmm.)

MMM Honey Brown I like honey brown. The first time i had it, I didnt like it. I had it on tap at a bar, it tasted different comparing to a bottle. I bought it again, and i liked it alot :wink: .

Im not a big fan of Heineken, its alright, but not my favorite. And i never heard of Big Bear :eh:

Beer! i think I might go to a beerfest tonight, I’m depending on my friends, and it says it has like a 100 tastings of beer :beer: , I hope i go :grin:

My brother made some ginger beer or something. It tasted much better than must beers. Although (at 15) I am not yet a huge fan of beer. I do like wine however. Expecially red wine.

I’m Scottish… I drink everything lol. I aint totally drunk all the time… but we Scot’s like our drink! I was going through a staright vodka phase for a while before my accident…but my stomach shrunk during hospital so I was getting drunk easier (which is cool and cheap! :grin: ) so I started working my way up again lol.

Jack Daniels, vodka, ansence (absenth), nearly all beers (if it tastes bad then drink it faster dammit), white wine…dont drink red wine! WHISKEY! Woohoo… You know Famous Grouse whiskey? It’s Scottish. Well I live about a quarter of a mile from the Famous Grouse’s Glen Turret Distillery…Scotland’s oldest distillery! Free samples… mmmm.

Right now I am drinking some Stella… It aint too bad and it’s all I got at the moment anyway!

Whatever happened to the English and there beer. (What beer you ask?) Even ireland drink beer of there own. Out of interests, in scotland do hey really wair kilts nacked.

Ok… Lets not count social things like dances or special events and things ok. Just normal everyday life. Last year I think I must have seen 2 people wearing kilts. Nobody does. I’m very proud to be Scottish, and I have a kilt. Most Scots do…but its for special occasions. And we dont go around eating haggis either lol. It’s like saying… umm I cant think of another national dress another country has… Well we aint as stereotypical as other people I’ve tlaked to…probably coz we GET most of the stereotypical crap lol. But I’m sure theres other national dress or national food in other countries which aint really used or eaten at all…its more just tradition.

Scotland is like England. Less people (therefore less neds :grin: but still too many in my opinion) and more hills. England is flat. Other than that it’s the same. People do the same things in the same kind of cities and towns and act the same.

Oh and we don’t talk like freaks. And we don’t walk around saying “Och aye the noo”. LOL!

I used to eat haggis a lot. I would have a haggis and tattie scone roll for lunch. So good, and so greasy, I don’t know how I’m so skinny.

Now I’m in England it isn’t so readily available.

Any back on topic, I don’t like most beer that much but I do like

Hoegaarden!

Served in it’sown special chunky glass, just because it’s so special.
And don’t be surprised if you’re asked if you want a slice of lemon in it.

Newcastle Brown is alright too.

However I tend to drink Tennant’s, Carling, John Smith’s and whatever else is cheap, in addition to spirits & mixers.

I hope there’s no confusion over cider, which is what American’s call apple juice, isn’t it?

I don’t know what you people call the sweet tasting slightly-more-alcoholic-than-beer drink favoured by the neds (non-educated delinquents) Pedro already mentioned, and underagers in general, as well as some others. I used to drink cider quite a lot (resulted in my first ever drunkenness, and did the same for many others) but I just can’t now.

I’m intrigued by this banana thing though…
Apparently Hoegaarden is a wheat beer. I never paid much attention to what was in it though… Are wheat beers white beers then? I’m confused…

Beer is alright, but american beer sucks. Budweiser and such, it’s all a bunch of junk. Even good beer isn’t that great. Hard liquor is wear the party is, need the wiskey. Shot for shot with your best friend till one of you hits the floor, that’s the way to go. They sleep over, and the next morning you both swear you’ll never drink again cause you feel so bad. Then you drink a few beers to lighten up your hangover, and by the time it’s evening again, you both are ready to go shot for shot again. Jack Daniels is ok. For Vodka, I go with absolut. :eek:

Well i never went to the beerfest :sad: , but i made a new great discovery of beer :cool_laugh: :happy: :smile:

I know i said i didnt like Heineken before, but I guess i can’t count out this great flavor that some might not be familar with. It’s not around in most of my stores, its called Heineken Dark. Well that flavor is great, if you love beer and like dark beer(ofcourse) you’ll love it. But i only could find it in 6-packs and not only that but it’s about 7-8$$$ :cool_laugh: If you wanna spoil yourself, sure why not :wink:

Alcohal tastes wayyyy too bitter :eek: I may have go to a bar with a giant bag of sugar… The best thing at a bar, though, is grenadeen(sp?) cheery juice I think. Mmmm its like pure sugar heh. That may be the best flavor ever…

Ahhh! Grenadine! that stuff wants to make me puke :wow: , well just a dash would be ok(in my coke). After i think about it, that’s what makes my Cherry coke :tongue: , but it also tastes like cough syrup :bored:

I used to use grenadine for a shot called flaming Jesus. Here’s a recipe for all you liquor guzzlers :beer: .

[color=darkred]Flaming Jesus[/color]
1.shot glass(ofcourse, dont make me hit you :tongue: )
2.[size=150]151[/size] [color=brown]Rum[/color]
3.[color=olive]Vodka[/color]
4. [color=green]Sweet lime juice[/color]
5. [color=red]Grenadine[/color]

What to do:
Fill about a 1/4 worth of Vodka in the glass, then the sweet lime and grenadine to about half-way of the glass. Then filled the rest up with 151. After that, light the drink up with a lighter. Let it light up and burn for about 10-15 seconds (or longer, it doesnt matter) blow the flame out and shoot the drink and welcome to the Garden of Eden. I used to love these shots, but now-a-days, beer is just on my menu :grin:

Vodka martini. Shaken, not stirred.