Waking from Beginning OBEs

Recently I have begun working on experiencing a projectable double, i have been doing work with lucid dreams and the like for a little over a year and have been doing OBE specific work for only a few weeks, my question is about being instantly snapped out of the beginning of an OBE.

I started with a few simple energy excersizes and slowly moved from there. I worked with moving energy for about 30 minutes or so and then began to fell strong vibrations. I began to feel extreme heavyness in my right hand specifically but slightly all over my body. As i began “moving” my hand up through the blanket, my television popped as things tend to do at night. I was startled because it was loud and it caused me to jump. Needless to say this snapped me completely out of my OBE and actually made me feel strange. I felt slightly ill and very tired. I wanted very bad to continue in my experience but I desided it may have been a bad idea. I was just wondering if an attempt to continue this experience after such a shock could actully cause harm and if i would even be able to go “back into” my OBE.

Thanks

Don’t ever be scared of not being able to get back in. OOBE’s are safe and natural. Have you ever read William Buhlman’s book, Adventures Beyond the Body? That was the book that introduced me to OOBE’s. And today I just recieved 2 CD’s in the mail: Induction Music for out of body travel! I’m excited and can’t wait to try it out! Check out the site
www.out-of-body.com

Hey, thanks alot for replying… i didnt think anyone would reply to this post :confused: ! No, i haven’t read that one yet but I have read Astral Dynamics by Robert Bruce… definatly a good book if you havent read it i recommend it highly. Thanks for the link too by the way. :shy:

Nightmare_B4_Christmas,
No need to be afraid of it. No one has died from OBE’ing yet. Perhaps you can just unplug the TV next time you attempt to have another OBE. It could help to reduce the ‘shock.’ You know what I’m saying? Just a suggestion. :grin:

Also, its not uncommon for people to experience poping and other noises while trying to AP…perhaps the noise you heard was not your tv?

Underjoyed could be right. I’ve heard what sounds like a gunshot right against my ear and would swear it was real but wasn’t. From what I’ve been reading these sounds are from the Hypnagogic state.

You know, I had not thought of that. I wonder if that might have been it. The thing was, I wasn’t scared to continue. I was just way to tired and frustrated to continue. I wanted to, but I knew i would have to start all over and I also thought it could be too tireing for my body and then I would wake up sleepy the next day. Does AP make you physically tired? I have read that it does in some cases, anyone have any experience with that?