Running

Hey, sorry if this has already been discussed.

Anyways, I’ve stumbled upon a trick that has brought me so close to LDing 3 times now. I have yet to LD actually, but running has made me the closest! Now I mean, running in the dream. If you run in a dream, you will not get tired. I have asked others about this and they have also noticed this. I’ve had three dreams in the last month that involved running. In these dreams I ran pretty much top speed for a fairly long distance and I never got tired. In all these dreams I have noticed this and thought that it was impossible and that it may be a dream, but after noticing this, i’ve woken up every time :neutral:.

Has anybody else noticed this? I think that running may be my key to my first LD. Oh, and welcome me back to the site, i’m back into trying to Lucid Dream for a while :peek:.

lol wellin taht case firstly welcome back

and yes i have noticed this a few times as well. and then i got tired when i went lucid and i thought… hang about i dreaming i didnt get tired now i wont get tired now. so i kept running .all is cool

Cheers

Richard

I find that if I’m running in an ND I usually end up just pushing with one leg and moving forward… kind of like gumby…

When I run in a dream I am able to take big strides like gravity loosens its hold on me. I never notice it until I wake up though :sad:

You after a while your stop running like in RL and start to put a little funk in your step. You can run with leaps like on the moon or go super fast.

I like jumping up and kinda swinging off stuff like trees and houses and such to move along. I have found that this is faster than running well atleast for me. I still say flying is better though.

i cant run in dreams at all! :eh:

i just can never seem to move anywhere :grrr:

Actually, in my previous LD I decided to run at superspeed (500mph approx.) so, after a few minutes of running around my neighbourhood I felt my legs ache slightly. o_O

I usually run fairly normal and not super fast or anything, but since I don’t get tired it always tells me its a dream, just gotta work on not waking up after that =P

hmm. It seems like you’ve found a new reality check. I still say the best one is holding your nose and then breathing through it. I think you’d benefit a lot from RCs.

Running is actually one of my top 2 dreamsigns! i run in about 80% of my dreams, whether it’s from something or i’m chasing something i’m running a lot… but i can’t seem to do a reality check from this because running is so intense and action filled that i’m not really worrying about dreaming… ever when i’m running from a gigantic flood in an abondoned conentration camp…

i need to work on that… but yea, i run a lot

-p-Wes

yeah, i usually get stuck while trying to run, but i have found a sollution for that, just turn around and run backwards!, you can twist your neck to watch backwards whiule doing so, and before you know it, youre running normally :cool_laugh:

… at least thats how it works for me…

occasionally :wink:

Yea for some i reason i have trouble running also, it just seems very uncoordinated in both my lds and nds. Like lastnight i had a ld and i remembered someone on the forum saying something about running really fast(im pretty sure it was Athiest), so i tried it. At first it was ok and i started to gain speed but then i got to a two step drop( i was inside a building, running out of the front door) and it felt like i was about to fall so i had to fly to a wall to gain my balance again :content: . Im gonna keep working on it though.

-=JaSoN=-

I should have been making use of this RC months ago. After all, I do run most nights before bed, and I always pay attention to when I start feeling tired as I go. If I make it past the second bus stop without being reduced to a walk, I’m doing ok. :smile:

Anyway, I noticed during an LD on the weekend (as referenced by Jason above) that I could run unrealistically fast and without feeling tired. I’m sure if I keep this in mind while running in the evening, I just might have a new (and very effective) reality check.

I’ll report my progress.

well i would like to ehar the progress bout that but ever sinse i became lucid off running i dont run anymore. i mean not like a run run it is more short bursts of sprints or somthing.

I had a LD two nights ago and suddenly became lucid after having started to run. The superfast running is also very fun, if you haven’t tried it, I highly recommend it. :wink:

when i tried to run superfast in one of my LDs I just woke myself up. :sad:

I’ll add this to my list of things to try. :content:

Hello to everyone!
Running is very very nice !
Specially if you run very fast.
I have found my self running fast and somehow slowing time.

Sometimes i was pushing some invisible ropes in the air and runned faster(all these in normal dreams).
But i ve found my self not able to stop :grin: many times i ve fallen to bushes or trees.

In my dreams whatever has to make with great speeds affects time.
Sometimes i get this matrix effect.
Really nice!

Yours John!
:cool:

thats cool, i haven’t been able to run a fast speeds yet though :neutral: