Your Opinion On PETA?

Heres my opinion: Stupid. Have no idea what they are doing.

Well…
Heres my example

IF im correct, they started a fire to protest about pollution. The fire pollution gives off more fire than all the SUVs in the world give off in at least a year.

Seriously - I think if you made monkeys political leaders, They would say “their podiums are not clean enough!!!” :razz: Yes this is a useless topic

I want to choke them with a snake.

Our world will be “destroyed” very, very soon. Much sooner than you think; it may be in your lifetime! I think we can’t keep doing this to the planet, but that starting the fire bit was pretty stupid, especially after Mimix’s analogy. But the fire must have been pretty big to outdo all the SUVs. Very very big. They really shouldn’t be doing that stuff though. It’s not like they’re going to succeed at all.

I’m 47. When I was about your age, I had a couple of enviromental wacko teachers guaranteeing me we would pollute ourselves into oblivion with 15 years. Well here we are 32 years later and we’re still around.

I love nature, and think it is simply smart to take care of our environment and fellow creatures. I would love to see the increased use of solar power and fuel cells, and the eventual developement of nuclear fusion.
My advice is NEVER believe the doom and gloom that some people predict.
Organizations like PETA and environmental groups often have other agendas, and want you to think that catastrophy is at hand.

But to get to the heart of the question, about PETA. The founder, Ingrid Newkirk is famous for saying “A rat is a pig is a dog is a boy.” Equating
all life on earth. The ethical dilemma is immediately obvious: Your driving in your car with your child on a narrow mountain road, suddenly,
a pack of small cute furry animals (bunnies, let’s say), hop out onto the road. Not enough time to stop, but you can veer to miss the bunnies, sending your car off the road, down the mountain to certain death.
Well I wouldn’t be surprised if Mz. Newkirk would expect you to make that sacrifice. But I say…hello bunny slippers! Sorry but I got MY priorities.
How many insects do you step on each day withour realizing it?
Nature itself is animal eat animal, everybody is looking out for number one.
There’s probably a lot of well meaning people in PETA, but there’s a good healthy dose of idiocy in it’s charter and leaders.

What I do know is that I never saw the pollution we have these days, let’s say ten years ago. It’s gotten worse.

With the human population still growing the pollution also will grow and of course the earth can take only that much.
The sea is the most important because 90% of our oxygen comes from that…from the plankton and that lives in the upper layer that gets sunlight.
So when that would be to much polluted and the plankton would die we would sooner or later have a great problem.

Well lets hope we humans live and learn :wink:
Normally we only change when the reward after changing is better and more promising then the reward that is when we dont change our behaviour.

Jeff

Live and Learn? Oh please…NO one tries to stop pollution. People do it because its easier, and just to pollute of course :tongue:

yes because it is still not a problem enough…so live and learn means here we change when the pollution is a serious enough and causing serious problems for all of us or is a serious threat. Else we deny it of course.

Jeff

I wonder if there will be a PETR in the future

People for the Ethical Treatment of Robots :smile:

Lol Mimix hehe :smile:

Jeff

I told this vegetarian at this school that for every hamburger she doesnt eat that I would eat 3

So how do you know how many she isn’t eating? Isn’t she not eating an infinite amount of hamburgers? So you’d have to eat infinity*3 hamburgers, which wouldn’t be easy…

I support animal rights, but I think PETA is too radical sometimes. Also, they have weird marketing tactics.