I think my subconciouss dislikes me...

If you beat the puppet you might have lots more next time - dream avenger puppets… much worse.

Better to change it into something innocuous.

I don’t understand why you can’t try some of the ‘shortcut’ methods like tapes, CD’s etc… I use for example a cd player (which plays mp3’s) with earphones. It’s great to sleep with…

It seems to me, that perhaps you might need to practice relaxing yourself a bit more… Take it easy. Don’t be so displeased when you don’t get an LD or when it’s horribly short. Don’t feel anxiety because it’s worse.
Just read a lot about LD’s, think about them, perform RC’s a lot… chances are you will have one and more…

I have been told I’m very paranoid. I can’t listen to tapes and such because My parents don’t want me to choke on the head phone wires or to waste electricity. As for the puppet, was not chucky. But it move sooo creepy I wanted to scream and cry. I couldn’t beat it up because there was SP(which btw I cannot enter Lds from)

and also, to the stabilization techniques, when I rub my hands together, I find that everything starts going dark and I have to rub so fast and nearly feel like I die of exhaustion. -.-

^.^ thanks all

a thought just sparked in my head. Coud my troubles be caused by a neurological disease? I have MS. Could the actual disease or the treatment have anything to do with my LDing?

I don’t think it could affect your dreaming. I happen to know my very dear friends with MS… or was it MD? I can’t remember, but they were very sweet and positive. I find that amazing in them. The treatments weren’t enough for them though. :sad: They died… but they did leave a great memory with me. They changed my life. :smile: I just had to comment about that.

And yes, I understand how you feel when your subconscious seem to be running against you. What I’ve learned is that in a long run, it is actually helping you. Just be very patient okay? :wink: Good luck!

I’m so sorry DM7. And it is MS.

You could try wireless headphones, then…

wireless headphones? I’ve never hear of such a thing. Although it does make much sense for such a thing to be made. I don’t know.

You could draw a picture of the nightmare and then stare at it until it means nothing. Like repeating a word over and over again until it looses all meaning.
Or you could draw it and then cross it out as if it can’t do a thing to you.

Why is hypnosis out of the question? I taught myself self-hypnosis when I was around 8, from reading the H volume of this 1950’s encyclopedia that my parents bought at a lawn sale and were going to make into a book safe thing (like in the Matrix). :smile:

It’s really natural, not hard at all. There are some good websites that will teach you. bcx.net/hypnosis/ is a good one.

thank you ^.^, I think I’ll try to use the subliminals again. Does anyone know a better one than handyhub.smokepit.cjb.net/lucid_ … cidsub.htm

?

Hey Trung, that link dont work?

Hmm, might wanna see if you have A small anxiety dis-order. I have something similar where every time I do RC in RL.I have a feeling of doubt come over me despite the fact I’ve had 5 LDs and know all about LDs. I found out I have OCD(obcessive compulsive disorder) which means I’ll frequently have doubts for no reason at all.

In one LD, soon as I became Lucid, A DC in the form of my teacher and a bunch of cops surrounded me and literally forced me back into the story of the dream and made me take my finals again!

I also have a idea, why not turn your fear into a way to get lucid.

I have became lucid 2 times when I was afraid and tried to escape from the current situation by thinking " it’s gotta be a dream! This can’t be real!"

hmmmm…

and I believe there is some ocd in my familiy. And I have trouble with dirty things like doorknobs and grocerycarts (and EVERYTHING at school). I have heard of an ocd involving such things, and I think I might have a mild case. Either that, or I’m a hypochondriac. ^.^

And I learned recently that that link no work. Sorry boutt that.

Thanks for the Idea.
Is that Mamahaha?

Me not mamahaha :eek:

no! Is your bird Icon Mamahaha?

Yes! It is, I forgot that it was the bird’s name!

Yay! I was right! ^.^
Please change your icon back to mamahaha. I like it. ^.^

Hehe. :smile:

I used to have problems with toilets because long time ago in my dream, it always overflow or eats me. :razz: So for a long time IRL, I always am scared to go to any type of toilets. It took me a while to overcome that fear. It was weird!

So, I sorta understand what you mean. :wink:

Good luck with dreaming!
Dm7

reality…failure(mod) said it was too big and needed to be shortening so I’ll shorten it later today. :content:

o_o That same thing used to happen to me! When I was little I could never sleep in the dark because my mind would always create these horryfying pictures of monster in my head against my will. :sad: That stopped happening though, just totally randomly.