Has anyone look to the sky?

Yes I always try to notice the sky when I’m LDing. Last night I saw a perfect deep-blue sky which was mirrored onto a street. Quite beautifull!

Some other wonderful skies I’ve seen:

• A very dark stormy sky with one small gap. In it I saw a very bright white light. I tried to fly through it but it didn’t work… :sad:
  • During a HH I suddenly found myself on top of a big hill, watching a sky with thousands of small cushion-like purple clouds. Now thát was truly overwhelming!
  • A normal blue sky but slowly a weather front with deep red-black clouds came over.
  • This one also began with a normal blue sky, but after a while truly pitch black thunderclouds came over. After this, the whole sky was filled with HUGE clouds shaped like a snail’s shell. This was só beautiful. I stared at them for quite some time to absorb its beauty as much as possible, but as a result of my gazing I woke up…
  • At dawn I noticed some glow in the east. I jumped into the air to see what it was: an enormous sun with lots of colours (red-orange-yellow-green). Its size really scared me off.
  • On several other occasions I noticed two suns or two moons or some planets in the sky.

Just watch the sky in your dreams and you’ll be surprised by its beauty :happy:

woooooow. And thanks for the reinforcing statement ^.^ :cheesy:

Yeah the sky can be great. About 2 nights ago i looked and saw many many stars. The sky was very bright. There was probably at least 1-3 stars every square milimetre. And they weren’t all the same type of star either. Well, you had to have been there.

I think that the mind can really create wonderful sky scenes (and also objects-one i found was a brilliant shining blue colour). I wonder why the mind does this.

Yeah, I’ve found out that stars are my primary dreams signs… I used to live in rural CT, now I live in Philly, where theres not a whole lotta stars… but in my dreams there sky is unaturally packed with them…

Also, I hope you guys are taking some of this experience into the real world. Skys are beautiful in dreams sure, but in the external world they are equally as amazing.

• Seth[money]

What I saw one time:

The whole sky was one big spreaded sattelite picture/map of the earth! Very strange but also very beautiful; yes everyone should go looking at the sky in LD’s!!

JJJ

I know what you mean, I live in philly, and it’s rare to see them.

That’s a pretty cool DS btw.

I have yet to look up at the sky in a LD. for some reason, in my LD’s, I can never remember the cool stuff I think of doing in RL. One time I remembered to look in a mirror, I was expecting to see something really cool, or really scary, but instead, I saw myself dancing… which actually was pretty funny to look at.

:lol:

Because of reading this topic before I went to bed, I looked at the sky in a ND last night…unfortunately it did not trigger lucidity… :neutral:
I was somehow expecting to see something (obviously my subconscious was paying some sort of attention to this topic), but I was disappointed to find that the sky was blocked by streetlight-lit orange cloud.
If this happens in my next LD, I will blast all of the cloud away (or perhaps the streelamps instead) :smile:

Once in an LD I just started floating upwards, towards the sky. It felt sooo cool. The weird thing was that I couldn’t help it, it was like gravity had been reversed just for me or something.And I floated all the way through several layers of cirrus-type clouds (cirrus are the swirly light ones, yeah?) and then I hit something. I stood up on it, except that I was upside down (because of the whole weird gravity thing). It was like a massive rubber sheet with clouds painted on it. So I walked around for a while on this big rubber sheet. It was like a trampoline, sort of. But then I woke up.

I could’ve swore that a topic of the same title existed somewhere around here. :shrug:

I did find this in the Diary “I finally had a chance to look at the sky!”

uh oh…
Am I being modded?

Heh weird. While attempting a WILD the night before last, I looked up to the sky (probably because of this post). It was an amazing navy blue with these beautiful contrasting white puffy clouds. I could only see a small portion of the sky because of the trees around. I then told my dad, who was standing next to me to look up at it, but like usual, it took him a while :tongue: so by the time we looked back up, it was back to a normal sky sky. Was pretty cool though. Oh btw, that was my first time attempting a WILD, and while I didn’t quite enter lucidity, it was am AMAZINGLY vivid dream! I’ve never recalled that much detail, down to leaves falling off the trees with the slight breeze… Too bad I didn’t notice it was a dream when I saw the tornado… I mean it wasn’t ‘creating’ any wind and when we drove by it, it wasn’t even spinning hehe :grin:

hahahaha! Thats funny.

You have ‘Rock’ yes yes?
I like the icon. ^.^

I have… and you won’t believe how much I saw. :biggrin: It’s beautiful! I’d like to share one unusual experience with the sky that I never dreamt of it again so far… yet it was so vibrant and vivid. It still feels like I dreamt about it last night.

The sky is full with electric glowing blue clouds. They are raging, but yet peaceful at the same time. The lightenings dance around through the clouds and the earth. I’m flying and I’m surprised that I don’t get hit by one of them yet. I watch it in amazement. So animated and alive.

It was soooo beautiful. I can’t stress it enough! It’s amazing, awesome, groovy, cool, and much more! :smile:

:grin: Beautiful description, everyone! I want to look at the sky but always forget. Hopefully I will remember next time! Ads ‘look at sky’ on LD things to do list

It’s interesting that in an LD the sky appears so unreal to most of us, when it’s the same (more or less) each day in RL? I mean, everything else you see (houses, cars, people, etc) are all very much standard and realistic. What is it about the sky that refuses to appear normal in a dream?

Anyway, I’m no exception to the populous (for a change). My daytime skies are filled with bizarre cloud layers and unusual colors, and at night I often see huge moving stars, planets and satellites. None of this has ever happened in RL, so why don’t I just see a plain sky?

Ath,
Maybe its just the fact that you’ve heard other ppl talk about amazing sky sights, so when you decided to have a look, you found just what you were told you would. If, however, you found this out before anyone told you, then maybe its just the fact that the sky is a little more fluid then other things IRL. It is always basically the same, but it does change alot: day, night, sunny, couldy, moon, ect. Maybe your brain sees it more as an open canvas.

Or that it could be possible that sky is used to show your mood symoblically. Like sometimes if I become really angry in my dream, my sky usually get darker, stormy, or gloomy… or become vividly red. Also it could show how curious you are. Everytime I become more curious, I look up in the sky and it seems that I get an answer immediately. I even saw the whole univerise in my sky. It was so cool. :wink:

Just my 2 cents. :biggrin:

I think its because you don’t want to see a boring, same sky. It could also represent your mood, which then makes it sound like you’re actually standing in your mind :blush:

thats not fair. one time in a dream, I looked out my window and there some wierd tower off int he distance that I was looking at, some kids were building or something. But the sky was just a normal sunny blue without any clouds. Maybe it was that way because I wasn’t concentrating on it? But I still remember that image, that tower on a plain blue sky background.

did you ever try to change anything in the sky? that’s also a very cool thing to do :smile: