Hi i'm new....i have a Recurring Nightmare...

I’ve been reading these boards for a while and this forum is Excellent! However, i have a slight problem.

Ever since i started practicing Lucid Dreaming i’ve had a recurring nightmare.

There is this man. His face is burnt and he is always chasing me. He wears a brown fedoro hat and he wears an old red and green striped sweater.

I’m not sure what to do about this. Can anyone help?

Gigalodj Welcome at the forum :smile:

Well if tis only in a ld why be afraid for him anyway…
Remember if u in a ld totally give up fear…all evilthings or danger will fail to have any effect at you…but you must believe in that. Its your dream so why be afraid of something thats only a visual in your head.
you also could try you ld powers to change him into a friendly person or man. etc etc…Give it a try! could be interesting! :smile:

Jeff

When I read the post I got that he wasn’t lucid when he sees the man. Perhaps if you repeat to yourself that when you see him you will know you are dreaming you would be able to become lucid in the nightmare and ask him why he is chasing you.

Does this sound anything like nightmare on elm street? I’m thinking maybe this is a joke? Maybe not.

If I’m wrong, then sorry.

~qriosity~

I personally like to take a more violent approach to dealing with nightmare creatures, even if I’m not Lucid.

Try whacking him over the head with a baseball bat or a machete. Be creative :tongue:.

Jeez, you guys should recognize a joke when you see one :grrr:

Anyways, I was talking about Freddy Krueger!!! I just thought this would be the perfect place to share my “problem”. The only nightmare of him i had was when i was much younger.

I haven’t had a lucid dream yet but i’m not going to quit. It just sounds too cool.

I remembered (slightly) two of my dreams last night. When i woke up with my alarms this morning, i “snoozed” like 4 times. Is this good for lucid dreaming? It doesn’t give me much time before it goes off again, though.

Maybe i wasn’t fully asleep to remember those 2 dreams. I may have just imagined them while i was almost asleep (before dreaming).

:happy: Lol…Freddy? I drink tea with him…he always cuts the cake!

Jeff