How long should a technique be practiced?

I’ve been trying LD induction techs for a couple months now and I had some minor results, but no major LDs. However, I just noticed though that pretty much every night I try a different technique which doesn’t accomplish much. I have a general idea of how most techniques work like MILD, WILD, WBTB, Dream Incubation, visualizations, etc. Some of them induced some short LDs too. I think it would just be more efficient to practice one technique at a time over several days/weeks so I can try different approaches to the same technique.

My question that I’m getting to is roughly how long should I practice one induction technique before moving on to another one? couple weeks? a month? more? :eh:

well, just try at what yo uthink is right, i will guid you on this though, that one or two weeks isnt enough. If you want to perfect it, you might need to do a few months, otherwise, just a bunch of weeks would do. But it all depends on the person id say…

3-4 weeks, but it doesnt have to end there (Im prollly wrong, someone more experienced should come over here and try and finish off the awnser, unless if im wright :happy: )

Yes, i agree and of course it is different for different people. I think the reason the way you were going about it didn’t work is that each technique moulds you in a different way to have LDs. If you keep switching between techniques then your brain won’t have a chance to get better, in fact it might confuse your brain like trying to study several languages at once. :confused: (not sure if it would really get confused, but it sounds possible.)

I change techniques every so many nights… I think it actually helps.
Thing is things like the holy grail method aren’t effective if you use them every day. So I switch to other techs like bwgen, besides doing WILD and MILD.

yes, also, if you use one mthod too much, and if it is succesful, then you might be addicted to it, nad be only asserted to that technique only. ex:using Pepermint tea for several months , realising your dreams are more vivid , clear and recall is better. Then for a week you are out, and you notice you couldnt remember a single dream.

how does this interact with methodes? because you might get exeptionaly good at one technique ,but will have forgot how to sleep, recall, LD normaly, or how to do a different manner. I think you get what im trying to say, if not, then sorry, i talk liek a monkey :puh: