Meeting the DEAD in your dream

I am 100% convinced that the two “dreams” (I wouldn’t even call them dreams because they had a totally different feel to them) that I had were actual after death contact. The difference when my mum was a normal DC in a dream and these two events were completely different. Also the actual conversation was not retrievable on awaking…as if I wasn’t allowed to remember.

That’s interesting Moogle. My visits sound very similar to yours. I have the plethora of ND’s with them in which they are just creations of my subconscious but then there are “the visits” as I like to call them. They sometimes interrupt a ND and I become lucid, have a long chat to them and not remember what it was we talked about on waking! I must admit it’s really great to be able to give them a hug again.

During these “visits” they are definitely different. I’d still like to test them somehow.

I have just posted the two contacts in my dream journal.
moogles quest for LDs/dream journal :wiske:

Moogle, you beauty, you’ve just given me an idea for a test.

Next time I have a visit I will ask about my nephew’s future kids. He just got married and is planning a family. Let’s see what happens!

BTW did your mum get it right?

I don’t know how there could be a test unless it foresaw the future. Otherwise it is just speculation. If you ask him something that you already know the answer to is it him telling you what he knows or is it the DC telling you what you know?

Actually even if you get an answer about something from the future, there is still the possibility of ‘deception’. I don’t think there is an easy answer.

Not a perfect test I agree but it’s better than nothing.

Some say that when we dream you can travel to the land of the dead and actually see deceased people or creatures.

The main thing is yes there are “Fake” deceptions of a person which is no more than an image created by your mind.

I believe that you can meet the real person because I have done so myself. I believe this because I could feel there presence/energy.

The thing is there is no real way of proving if this is possible or has been done. It all goes by what what one truely believes.

I’m lossed, how does the test work?

You can’t know if this was a result of them actually being there or if it was caused by the feeling of seeing them after they have died, like looking at a picture of someone and thinking that they are there with you. I can also say that the mind could just be giving you what you want to see. Why do they come when you sleep, why not appear as an apparition? Why don’t they speak when you are awake? (even then it would only be conclusive evidence to you, but it is a little more than a dream)

I have felt their presence/energy also. When asleep and in meditation but the most powerful was when I was awake. It’s hard to describe. Imagine being next to high voltage power lines. You can’t see them but you can feel the energy. Of course my brain might just have got cross wired for a while. :tongue:

While it is difficult to come up with a test for the positive I believe I can use deductive reasoning to at least eliminate “fake” spirits which are simply creations of the subconscious.

The test involves asking them about my nephew’s future kids which he plans to have. At this stage I don’t know if he will actually have any so the answers should be interesting. Sex, names and hair colour should give specific enough information to indicate something. Of course I would need a spirit with precog ability! The only problem is I could be tapping into my own precog ability through a DC. That would be interesting too.

I believe a spirit of my parents would act in a rational manner and be able to answer questions clearly. Creations of my subconscious lack this. Regular DC’s can be evasive of questions. They also give unclear nonsensical jibberish or talk in riddles. What they say may not be logical. This is how I will identify a true spirit basically by how much sense they make. Of course an extra test is needed on the chance I have a rational creation of my subconscious appear. This involves them to give me information unknown to me but which will be revealed at a later date.

Let the games begin! 19-11-03 I was having a dream talking to mum when I became lucid. Ah I’m dreaming I thought and since I have my mother in front of me I will test her. She winked at me indicating she knew what I was up to! I asked “Can you tell me about my nephew’s future kids, otherwise do you have a better idea to prove your identity.” She gave me a string of unrelated words that didn’t make sense. In my dream I memorised them but when I awoke can’t remember them! Not that it matters. In my dream I determined they were jibberish and this was just a normal DC not a spirit. If a spirit wants to come through they are going to have to make sense!

Through the process of elimination this is one down, how ever many to go!

The trouble is the more information you retain…the more you would have to query the source. BTW she did get it right.

I’m open to better suggestions. We have invented reality checks for dreaming. Get those brilliant minds to work on a reality check for spirits!

I know exactly what you mean about feeling that energy.

I have seen them appear in a cloud and felt there energy different time in RL. I know that they where there with me.

Are you sure this just isn’t the emotion for meating someone who has been losed for a long time, just your sub-c being tricked, while you know better?

I don’t mean to disagree (but seem good at it).

A trick of the subconscious you mean? Sure, why not. That’s why I’m an atheist on monday, wednesday and friday. :wink:

But it is very powerful to the extent that it almost feels tangible. That’s why I’m a believer the rest of the week. :tongue:

What you could do as a test is to ask them something that you don’t know that you could find out about. E.g. If it was a dead grandparent, you could ask them what your mum did for her tenth birthday, remember it (if possible) then ask your mum. This will work as long as you pick something that you’re sure no one has told you before.

You would then be sure, if it is correct, that is not your subconscious.
But besides the possibility of being the real person, there still could be some other entity which has the knowledge to trick you… (IMHO this would be an evil spirit attempting to impersonate the dead person)

I suggest not to initiate a communication i.e. don’t try to dream this. If you dream it, then it isn’t something you started yourself so that should lessen the chance of deception.

Hey guys…

Interesting topic you started there… Kind of came through with a little touch of synchronicity.

Over at Sea Life, our current project is ‘DREAMING WITH THE DEPARTED’. I’ve had a number of contacts with the departed in dreams, even lucid adventures to go and meet departed family. The best way to learn about the topic is experience. I’ve also included some sample techhniques, from Robert moss’ book dreamgates, as to how to visit the departed in dreams:

dreamofpeace.net/sealife/viewtopic.php?t=677

we’d be very happy to have new dreamers with us on this project. pleawse feel free to join up :smile:

I am familiar with the deception theory. My ex religion used to believe this as they believed the dead would only rise at the return of Christ and be “asleep” until then. Since I now disagree with the basics of that religion (and most others) I no longer feel the need to attribute evil spirits with communication with the dead. My ex religion would attribute evil spirits to almost all paranormal phenomena which I find tiresome and steeped in ignorance and dogma. Besides, my subconscious is quite capable of deceiving me all on it’s (my) own. :tongue: Still, I will keep the possibility in mind.

Thanks for the link Explora. I’ll have to go through it later. Too tired at the moment.