That was incredibly strange. o_o

I just had a very weird dreaming experience.

I layed down in bed, It was like 8 AM, I dunno if I was tired or cold or what, and I was just laying there thinking with my eyes closed, I guess I fell asleep cause I woke up thinking I was in my 8th grade art class talking to some kid, I realised I was actually in my bed, but I could barely open my eyes, I felt totally powerless (was I still asleep? Was this a sleep paralysis?) Pretty soon I was in another place again, my brother was sitting in a chair playing Grand Theft Auto 3. I went out the door to find myself in the house of an old friend. (He moved away, but his old house is on the same street as mine.) His yard looked much different… yet it felt the same. I saw his little sister running towards their front gate, and I flew after her. She was very happy, and giggling every 5 seconds. She went throught he gate and ran down the street, giggling and happy, but she never noticed me as I followed her. (I think I was floating.) She dissapeaed later on, I dunno where she went, so I floated around the neighborhood, and I saw this family, that I have never seen before. I hovered aroudn them, and one of the kids gave me a suspicious look. I was then in bed again, thinking about allt he past dreams I had just had. (Still dunno if I was really awake or not here) I was laying there, feeling unable to get out of bed again… then I had the amazing sensation of flying through a tunnel, it felt like wind was blowing across my body, it was so vivid. It stopped and I thought about posting about this on the ld4all forums to see what it was, and it happened again, and 2 more times, I thought it was a real feeling that hasto do with reaching lucdity. After this I had like 3 false awakenings, The first one, I got up and accidently stepped on the power strip of my computer, my computer started up very oddly, but my DESK took over and started some other weird Operating System. On the screen was the login screen, made to look like it was made out of wood, with buttons and stuff, like the menu in some video game. I tried to login to my user account and I accidently created a new one. Then I woke up (not really) and got out of bed, I couldn’t open my eyes. I tried and tried, so I just felt around my desk, then I heard a sqeak, a sqeak of pain. I got extremely worried that allie (my pet rat) was in trouble. I paniced because I couldn’t open my eyes! Then I woke up AGIAN (ALSO not for real) I couldnt move from bed, I could barely open my eyes. I opened them the best that I could, and saw the part of my desk where the PC tower is kept was closed in by blocks. (On my new desk,t he PC has a little compartment, and once the desk is put together the PC is trapped in for good.) Well, the computer was starting up without me doing anything, and I saw that a CD drive thing was trying to open, It was pushing on the blokcs, untill they finally fell apart. Then, I woke up for real, and got out of bed.

I don’t know if this is the right order that all this happened in, for all I know that gushing feeling could have happened first, in fact I’m hoping it did. Because that is what i’m asking about. Has anyone experienced this feeling before? Is it a real feeling or does it only happen in dreams? Oh, and I might add, that on the first gushing, flying feeling, I heard piano music, and later on I actually saw a guy playign the music. (I know I didn’t include this up there, but it’s all jumbled in my head.) The second two times I was laying in a differen position and the gush came from anohter direction. PLEASE :help: I’d like to find out more abotu this, because it was just so damn cool. :smile:

Never had anything quite like that, but perhaps others have who can comment on that…
Otherwise, just wanted to say…
That DOES sound very cool… it seems like sometimes REM gets very playful and hopefully that helps us learn more about our brain and dreaming… did you get any glimpses of lucidity in any of that? Are you sure that you’re not in another FA now?
Did you do anything unsual with your sleep habits or anything that might have triggered the funky REM?

Peace,
Sruthan

lol, I’m PRETTY sure this isn’t another FA. :tongue:

I’m afraid I didn’t geta ny lucidity in any of that. :sad:

What I think caused it is that I went to sleep without being very tired, I had woken up at 4AM and went to sleep at 8 AM. Waking up for real at 9 AM. IT all happened in under an hour. :cool:

Hmmm… yeah I think sleeping without being very tired can produce good results lucid or not… i.e. memory, vivid REM, etc…
Come to think of it, being not very tired helps a lot of things… wish I could try it more!
I’ve been trying to take more naps in the afternoon, and I’ve had some vivid and close-to-lucid experiences… but not as extreme as yours recently… I’m jealous. :smile:

Peace,
Sruthan

I’ll describe the gushing more:

For all I know I could have been awake when I felt this. But my eye were closed and I felt myself in bed, and then all of a sudden I’d start feeling like I was being sucked through a tunnel. Like wind was blowing past my body really fast, and I could still feel the bed the whole time, and since my eyes were closed I started imagining a checkered tunnel that I was flying through.
The first time it happened I heard a piano playing soft music. I concentrated on the feeling as hard as I could, I started to wonder If I was having an OBE. Then the feeling stopped for a short time and started again. I faintly remember seeing a guy playing the piano later on in the dream.

:content:

Hey,

I´ve had something similar.
I was bouncing from dream to dream without being able to wake up, first is was kinda cool, bouncing from LD to LD, but later on I was panicing.
I also coundn´t open my eyes.

I have no theories or anything on this, but now you know you´re not the only one that has experienced this.

Greets,

Thor

The only explanation I have:

“You feel all sorts of funny stuff during dreams. Especially if you’re having a nice and vivid chain of dreams.”

Do reality checks more often…

Well, you can count out the idea of it being an OOBE because, well in OOBEs you expierence the same dimension that you are in now, well, one right on top of it, or however you wannna put it, basically, you wouldn’t see things that weren’t actually there, so i think that was more of a vivid, and messed up dream

thats some freaky ****. but i think i ahve a guess its not based on factual info so dont take what im gonna say to heart or anything. ithink that the subconcious can do random things can thinkasonality so technically the sensations people have when they are dream ing could all be different and unexpalinable by anyone but the dreamer.just my guess(by the way the subconsios having a mind of its own is true its a fact im pretty sure so i guess it is based on factual information).