So what happened last night?

Hello everyone, first time posting but I’ve been lurking for a couple weeks.

First of all, I have had just one good lucid dream(other ones lasted just seconds). I started reading about this stuff and actively trying to LD about two years ago and didn’t have much luck so I kind of just let the phase pass. But recently I have been trying to get better dream recall just for the sake of remembering weird dreams, and I had a lucid dream about a week ago. The only thing I couldn’t do was fly.

So I’m trying to LD again. No luck yet but I’m still remembering at least one dream a night so that’s good news.

Anyway, last night I was having a weird dream…I don’t remember it very good, I remember the feelings of it more than anything, which makes it hard to explain.

Basically someone was really mad at me because they thought I was whistling and I wasn’t. So all the sudden I got attacked by what seemed like some kind of spirit, I don’t know.

All the sudden I wake up, and had a really loud, high pitched ringing in my ear. Definitely nothing normal. And my body felt disoriented, like I was floating maybe…I knew how I was lying in bed, but it didn’t feel like I was lying in that position.

So I’m thinking maybe I was real close to having an OBE, even though I stopped trying to astral project awhile ago. But getting attacked by something evil in a dream…sure doesn’t seem to be a safe way to go about OBEs. Does anyone have any opinions or ideas?

Im not a very spiritual person :razz:
It could have been close to an OOB though

sounds like a funny dream or the experience of an oobe to me. or wait… maybe it was HH? did you check if you were still dreaming?
Most likely an oobe… even though i consider oobes to be hallucinations. lots of people wake up with funny stuff happening to them. I’d say it was just a random experience probably not caused by your DC.

edit: oh I’m sorry… welcome to the forum. You are our 2000th member, did you know that?

edit again: good luck with your LDs I hope your efforts prove fruitful!

Where’s my prize? :smile:

I’m not all that spiritual either. Or at least, I don’t believe in evil spirits and ghosts and that type of thing.

Sorry, I am not exactly sure what an HH is. But I stayed completely still right after waking up, hoping if it was an OBE I could still do it. But I am pretty positive I wasn’t dreaming. I moved around afte a couple minutes and looked at my clock. (looking at my alarm clock is how my first lucid dream got started when I had a false awakening)

I can say with 99% confidence that the ringing in my ears and weird feeling was not a dream.

If you mouse over the acronym you don’t know about
(ie, HH, LL, WBTB, MILD) you will get a nice description of each.
As for HH’s missing acronym… well I haven’t had experience with it but i’ve heard that some people wake up in SP (sleep paralysis) or experience it while falling asleep, this paralysis is in order to keep you from acting out your dreams, people who sleepwalk don’t activate their SP and then run around while dreaming! The SP may be accompanied by HH, or HI (same thing to my knowledge) which includes wierd sounds, creepy feelings, intense and unexplained emotions (dread is common), and visualizations. You say you were lying still… did the noise/other stuff stopped when you moved or a while after you woke up without moving? if so, that may be what you experienced. If not, hey there’s lots of random mind tricks out there!!

Yeah, HH seems like what I experienced. Still, getting it straight out of a nightmare (which wasn’t much of a nightmare) is pretty weird.

After lying still for a little bit the buzzing kept getting quiter and quiter until it was just like a normal ear ring, and finally it stopped.

I’ve been waking up a about 3:00 almost every morning for awhile now too. Which is a very good thing as it helps me remember about two dreams a night.

while it’s very likely it was HH or OBE i would also suggest going to your doctor and checking your blood pressure, Ringing in the ears is often caused by high-blood pressure and can be dangerous.

While it is more likely HH / OBE related it doesn’t hurt to make sure, as we know external (and internal) influences can effect your dreams. Maybe high blood pressure caused the dream/nightmare?

the reason i brought this up as a possibility is because of

Haha, I am 99% sure that I don’t have high blood pressure. But still, I appreciate the input.

Now I do have my share of problems, especially with my ears. About six months ago I had the worst ear ache in human history. I have a high tolerance of pain but I was crying because there was nothing I could do until finally my ears just popped and I went right to sleep.

I wake up and my ears are covered in dry blood.

So I had to put tubes in my ears. This was done 10 years ago to me also. It’s not that big of a deal, unless I need to keep getting it done. The tubes fall out after 6 months and after that the ears are supposed to be permanantly fine, I go for another check up in a few months.

But I don’t think this was a physical health issue. Not too sure about the mental health however… :wink:

Sounds nasty - the bit about your ears, I mean.

I have had permanent tinnitus for the last 2 1/2 years, but things like TV and computer fans etc. mostly distract me from this. I know that sometimes this is really exaggerated in my dreams like my brain is amplifing the sound. About a week ago it was a firebell going off at work in my dream!

I wondered if the noise you heard could have been a quick bout of ringing in your ear, exaggerated by your dream/half awake state?

Can’t explain the bit about getting attacked by a spirit, though, other than it being a very vivid dream.

“I wondered if the noise you heard could have been a quick bout of ringing in your ear, exaggerated by your dream/half awake state?”

It’s possible. The whole experience was intense at first but the more I realized I was awake, the more it just died down.

“Can’t explain the bit about getting attacked by a spirit, though, other than it being a very vivid dream.”

Yeah, I’m definitely not saying it was a real spirit. I know (well, think is the right word here) it was a dream.