meditation and dreams

Yes Blue tiger i have the same thing! :smile:

Many have, that do practise meditation.
To add a little at Thor’s story…when u meditate your brainwaves changes…
you get alpha waves and if your a bit talented also theta brain waves…
Those are also active in remsleep…so your consciousness has more recognision for when it is in rem sleep when u meditate often.
It will always be a bit of help when u meditate everyday.

Jeff

Some scientists discovered that Alpha waves (and probably theta) are also produced in prayer - various forms: christian meditation (I think also infused contemplation), the rosary, the Mass, speaking in tongues, resting in the spirit, charismatic prayer meetings, and so on.

I did have a good link on this but I lost it. I’ll try to check whether I get an LD after any of the above…

Clarkkent, I was just about to post a reply saying exactly the same thing about prayer, but you beat me to it. I would be interested in seeing that link if you can find it.

Seems like indeed wonderfull thing to master.Ive been trying it for quite a while now and i know being stubborn and dedicated is the key but heh,it seems almost impossibile to think about one thing at the time,and i cant even imagine what Thor says-to think nothing.God father why all exciting things are that difficult:(

oh ya. No thought what so ever is the sweetest thing I ever felt. hard to achive tho. But when you do ,man it is worth it.

Altho there are many different kind of meditations, thats just one of them. And you can clear your mind by concentrating on something, like breathing or body. This is also the “nothing” state, when you experience your mind as it is.

Heres a link to zen meditation: gnofn.org/~aza/zazen.html

EDIT: added the link…

Meditating definitely helps LDing.

I go through a relax phase and at the same time concentrate on rythmic breathing. Sometimes I look at the random lights too. Sometimes while observing them they form HH.

Meditating also seems to develop psychic ability. Some also claim to contact spirits in this state.

I guess i must take some courses in it cuz i read tons about meditation and concentrating and still suck a lot at it:(.
Im able to think about something for 10-20 seconds but then my mind just goes its own way.Then i go back to thinking of breathing and same thing happens…then its usually well after 40 mins and i start to feel uncomfortable and itchy and all that.
But i do try it for over 2 yrs now every evening.I might have skipped some days but in general i took a lot of time to make it better,but i dont think ive made ny progress at all

do not worrie about it here is a site www.meditationcenter.com. very helpfull

There is a dot at the end of that url, so it wont open when you click on it…
Delete the dot or copy/paste to get it working

www.meditationcenter.com there you go

A new Time (magazine) has been published 27th October, 2003.
Topic: Meditation

Maybe interesting for u guys.

Thanks Thor, that was very nice of you to mention! :cool:

Jeff

ClarkKent even when you sing you create alpha waves…we ppl should relax more anyway :smile: wouldnt harm us at all!

Jeff

That’s true, Jeff. To sing is to pray twice, St. Augustine once said.

Hehehehe nice one ClarkKent lol :smile:
Well my life is a prayer of joy :cool:

Jeff

I think I found the link after a search:
patrickdixon.co.uk/signs/Signs-5.htm

It talks about the effects on the mind and body of various practices. I think he’s got a good point of view on the subject.

CK: I have just used the link and I will think about the ramifications. :wiske:

Actually I experienced this by accident this morning. When I woke up I could remember only a few fragments of a dream I just had. Just for fun I decided to meditate for half an hour before I would get up. At first it was very calm but after 20 minutes my memory suddenly filled the gaps between the dream fragments and I could remember at least 3 dreams. One of these dreams even was from the previous dream cycle.
I think it’s quite logical that meditation stimulates dream recall, because meditation helps you to access the deeper regions of your subconscious memories better, than for instance when you lie still for only a few minutes in an attempt to remember your dreams.

Yes mystic thats true…our indentification of self is normally stuck in the beta wave brain region. When you meditate you cross that bridge of stuck identifacation and enter the alpha and theta or even delta region, all from your own level and talent of course.
Also our memory part of the brain works at theta freq so meditation, wich lowers the brain waves will of course help u to get in contact with your memories. Also dream memories!

Jeff