Why Mint Tea will help YOU recall dreams part IV

ok, here I go. Just made another cup of the peppermint yuck stuff… choking it down… gulp! shutter

I better get lucid tonight… or I’m gonna reach through my screen and give all you minty dreamers a minty fresh kick in the bum! :puh: hehe… just kidding!

sip… sip…

no LD last night, but don’t worry, I wont beat ya up! :tongue:

So… I’m trying again tonight. Wish me luck!

sip… sip…

heh, dont get too cocky for the TEa, just becasue its amazingly gross 6tasting for you, it doesnt mean it is a lucid drink. It just enhances your recall, and vividness, so the rest is up to you. But it sounds lie yo uare determind, but dont let my words sound like you wont get a ld…

I got a couple questions about teas…

I usually drink mint flavored green tea, which helps out with dream recall in my opinion. However, what’s the difference between mint flavored green tea and actual mint tea itself? Also, does adding sugar to the tea add or subtract from the affect it has on dreams?

Mint flavored green tea is green tea with mint added. Mint tea is just… mint leaves. Some say adding sugar helps the active stuff in mint tea cross the blood-brain barrier… somebody who knows more about brain chemistry help me out :razz:

I tried a mixture of Mint and Mugwort tea last night and it worked well.

You know what’s so funny?

I was really bored and I really love mint tea right? So I experimented three bags in one mug. :wink: I brewed them for 30 minutes. It was pitch black! It tasted very strongly and a bit gross… but it was fun! Hehe! A lot of dream recall improvements, but no LD’s. So I think you need to mix mint tea for recall and something to active your consciousness so you will be alert in your dream. I’m not too sure. One mint tea is enough for dream recall for me personally… and then add your efforts to become aware that you’re dreaming because it definitely won’t help you to become lucid at all.

Keep experimenting my friends. :wiske:

Mint is really easy to grow, wht not get one at your local garden center.
Then you can have fresh mint tea every day :tongue:
Any excess you can dry for later… :smile:

is mint the same as peppermint?

I like mint tea.

If you don’t like the taste of mint tea try chamomile. I find that chamomile tastes very good and it also helps my dream recall. Chamomile also mellows me out :spinning:

“Mint” is a general name given to a certain family of plants. There are different varieties of mint.

Peppermint (mentha piperita) has a strong flavor and is used to flavor candy canes, Starlight mints, etc. It has a lot of menthol, which is what gives mint it’s “kick.” Peppermint is usually favored over other mints for medicinal purposes, and it seems like it gives the best results for LDs, from what I’ve read in everyone’s posts.

Spearmint (mentha spicata) is a sweeter variety. If you’ve chewed Wrigley’s spearmint gum, that’s what it tastes like. There also are other varities of mint such as watermint.

What is packaged as “mint tea” can be many things. It can be green or black tea flavored with mint leaves or mint oil, it can be actual dried mint leaves, it can be a single mint (like peppermint) or a blend of mints.

If you want the most bang for your buck, read the label and make sure the only ingredient is mint leaves.

I know Celestial Seasonings’ “Peppermint Tea” is nothing but pure peppermint. It also has no caffeine … helpful if you want to get to sleep!

Hope this helps!

And if you want to try a really nice tasting mint tea, try to get leaves (not teabags) of “nana mint” (menthe arabica)
Don´t know about it´s use for dreaming, but like that one a lot :smile:

tapir

I read on here a while ago that pepper mint tea helps with dream recall. To be honest i don’t think it does. I don’t remember anymore dreams than before the peppermint.
On a brighter note - I love the stuff now. It’s a great alternative to normal tea becuase it has no caffeine which stops me from sleeping. Infact i might go and make me a nice cup of pepper mint tea in a minute or two…

hahaha I suck on the bags too! I didn’t actually start drinking the tea for dream recall, but for the nice little edge is smooths off.

But now that I think about it… it has outrageous dream recall effects. For the past two weeks I’ve have a few cups nearing bed time and had amazingly vivid dreams. I haven’t had any for four or five days and I’ve been wondering where my dreams have gone.

Something else that should be considered is that if you drink the tea before bed, or maybe a few glasses, you will wake up to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night. I have gotten set on a 4 am potty break, which always helps for a mroe vivid second half of the night :smile:

Well, I have to say that P-Tea does grow on you! I’ve gone through an entire box now :smile: The other day I was on a ferry, and my mom’s like ‘here! You look cold! Go get some hot chocolate!’ So I went to the cafeteria, with every intention of getting hot chocolate, but then I saw the tea bags… and I got some mint tea! I’ve gone from hating it to loving it! It did take a while though :eh:

I tried peppermint tea before going to bed along with melatonin and vitamin B6 and a multiple B vitamin and it didn’t help my dream recall at all. Maybe it’s because I tried it only once. So I’ll try again tonight.

does one have make tea from the mint or can you get the same effect by just eating the fresh mint leaves?

I am considering growing my own collection of mint plants, so when I do iI’ll let you know, but that will be a while.

I read about people saying it grows on you, but I don’t understand… I loved it right away!. heh… The first time I had it was at a turkish smoke shop (they have big hookas with turkish tobacco, which is an insane buzz to begin w/), but I don’t think there was anything like the clear head I had after the tea. This tea was a dark green color, so I’m sure that it was made differently then the tea I usually drink which is a mixture between pepermint, spearmint, and rosemary, which is a brown color.

Does any one else get the euphoria and head buzz from mint tea? Even the smell gives me a buzz. Any thoughts?

I just read the label on my box of mint tea. It has 45% of your daily potassium value. Is this why it affects your dreams? I know potassium imbalnce is one of the causes of dreaming.

Ha! I finally bought a bag of peppermint leaves. Will check it out tonight. I also bought B-complex-pills (long time since I tried that) so I hope the combination will improve my dream recall!