Odd Problem...

When i dream I don’t usually seem to be in an area I know. My brain seems to have a penchant for creating whole new worlds, concepts and people. I do meet people I know but can’t seem to get a location to recurr. For example after reading Harry Potter and then doing the LD at will thing visualising all my friends, my brain lumped the two together to create a wizard University.I actually spent a portion of the dream searching for my school bag. Until I suddenly remembered where it was (I’d left it in the Exhibition Centre-dont ask).
Any idea how to bring me to an area I am familiar with so odd things will seem more odd?
:help:
Oh yeah, I’m pleased to report I solved my third person perspective problem. Nearly there…

I look at this as an advantage. Quite a few of my lucid dreams have started by me being in a totally uknown place, wondering how the hel* i got there…
You can use this as a pretty good dreamsign i think…

I hardly ever dream of people or places I know, I’ve often wondered why!
Never thought of using it as a dream sign but in the dream it seems normal. :wink:

This is actually a blessing in disguise. My dreams almost always revolve around familiar places even when I go lucid. Trust me, this gets very boring. It may be harder to become lucid in strange settings, but when you get better at lucid dreaming you’ll be thankful for your imagination.

Man, that is such a good thing, except for the Harry Potter part, It is better if you are in a world of your own creation. You do realise, that many great artist got their inspiration from dreams. People like Tim Burton ect. are able to create entire worlds from dreams. That is soooooo not a bad thing, it often happens to me and I love it. I actually dont like dreams where its in this world, and involves people I know, I would much rather be in somethign that is entirely new… just because you are in a different place doesn;t make it harder to recognise DSs infact it is in my experience often easier.

So, dont worry be happy :happy:

The thing about locations in my dreams is that I am always somewhere that I don’t know. This might seem like a good dream sign, BUT in my dream, the place is familiar, eventhough I have never been there before, and will probably never return (and of course, no one else can visit). Like, I could be at some unknown random house, and think that it is my cottage, and know where everything is. but the thing is, I only realize it once ive woken up, unless I am lucky enought to get lucid!

I get the same thing, but mostly with concepts. For example, I might think pressing my hands will heart me or something. lol.

The problem is I NEVER dream of familiar places and my brain just takes this as normal.

Yes I dream of faraway and nonexistent places. Last night I got bitten by a spider on a mountain trail and got antivenom for it…

Nice BBCode, Mattz. I never realize it either.

yeah, i noticed in your dreamlog that most happen or start in your house. I havent ever dreamt about my house, and it’s fun to see where my dreams take me. Many times its the mountains.

Besides that, I’ve noticed that the only people I ever remember from my dreams are either my friends, family or famous people. Noone else brings any kind of recall.

I understand what you are saying. Most LDs I have are when my dream starts in my room. When I dream about unfamiliar places I either feel like I know the place or I have a good reason for being there(like I am hiking through the woods). You should do RCs to get them in your subconsious so that even if you are someplace unfamiliar you have a chance to become lucid through RCs. I recommend the nose RC(I am a big advocate of that RC).

Same here. I always dream of some different place, different people, in a different time.

90% of my dreams occur with a few of my friends, 2 usuals and some others every once in awhile. In fact, I rarely have dream characters I don’t know in real life. As for locations, my brain tends to take places I know and twist them around. This one time, me and my group of friends were getting in line on this big mountain thing, to reciece free marijuana. the mountain was where my school normally is. Then while waiting, I saw a plane burst into flames in the sky and crash. So I went to check it out, and it was just beyond this covered bridge thing. The bridge was on a road I drive on frequently in real life. The bridge does not exist in real life.