Blackouts upon lucidity

I really don’t know how this problem developed, but it is becoming very irratating. Sometime throughout the course of my dream, I would notice a dream sign or remember to do an RC. As soon as I begin to think “Hey I’m dreami…”, the entire dream immediately blacks out. I try to do rubbing hands or spinning, but usually my sense of touch fades out promptly after sight.

I wish I at least knew the cause of this. I don’t wake up excited at all, so I don’t think thats the problem. I think it might be the fact that I stop for just 5 seconds to focus inwardly on my thoughts. I think I read before that when you stop interacting with your dream or just go to sleep inside of the dream then it will wake you up.

I gotta find a solution to this since it is turning out to be a large block against me having LDs. My frequency of noticing dream signs and doing RCs to induce lucidity is increasing, while simultaneously their duration is decreasing. :angry:

Yeah, I can feel your pain. Last night I went lucid and got excited, so everything was fading. I said “increase clarity” and it worked for a bit, but I still lost the dream not too long after that.

What’s weird is that I remember telling myself “ok, I’m going to have the same dream again so that I can get back to lucidity.” And my dream started the same way, going up an elevator that lost power, than going into this room, only the people were different. And I forgot to get lucid.

Yeah, I understand how you feel too. When that happen, don’t move at all in your bed! Remain very still and pretend that you’re still asleep. There is a big chance that you would re-enter your dream world, full lucid. Try to spin or rub your hands a bit earlier so you don’t lose the feelings of your dream body too soon. And all I can say… it’s the key to keep very calm.

More practices equal longer lucid dreams. :smile:

Unfortunately this is one thing we can’t exactly practice whenever we want.

And yes, I guess what DM7 said is what happened to me. After I failed to remain lucid, I didn’t move at all. I don’t think I even woke up completely. And then I got to go right back into the dream. So that’s definitlely something to try next time we get too excited.

I was thinking about thise and I came up with a question.

What happens when your REM cycle runs out in the middle of a lucid dream? Do you keep going, or do you just love the dream?

Isn’t it possible that when we “get too excited” an lose our lucidity, that really we were just at the end of our REM cycle?

lol ohh i know all about that what a pain huh. Ok what did i do to get through it…

umm ok i kinda had my behind voice help me out here and i dont know if everyone has one but. alright

i get into this dark void and i totaly lose all sight. but it is the only thing i lose. pay attention to this, sight you lose but you keep the rest, feeling and sound. focus on this and try and draw your self back to the dream or you could take the extreme which i cant describe how to do but i can tell you what i mean.

in these times i gave up lucidity. once i did that the dream returned and then later on i found it very easy to gain lucidity again.

i did this a few times and then the black void just stoped happening. i don t think it is a Rem ending though cause i have been trough them before. for me it sort of fades and either i wake up very slowly or i dont wake up and then i just go lucid on my next dream, but when this happens it can be hard to remember a lucid also it is unlikly that it will happen in all the time it has happened only twice to me

cheers

Richard