Waking up in REM

When you wake up right after a dream (most likely during REM), does it affect your sleeping patterns for the remainder of the night? Like if you woke up and recorded two dreams one night, wouldn’t you be more tired during the day than if you hadn’t have woken up?
Basically what I’m asking is when you wake up in REM then go back to sleep 30 seconds later do you automatically enter REM again or do you restart the cycle

It’s most likely that you’ll reenter that cycle and start dreaming almost immediately again. That’s why we have WBTB to help us out with WILD. It shouldn’t affect your sleep schedule as long as you catch up the missing time in the between when you were awake. But it’s always better if you sleep constantly. shrugs

We dont know this for sure.
REM seems to be most important part of our sleeping according to the studies and our brain starts with it when we in sleep debt.This means that even after longer than 30 seconds break you still have a good chance to hit REM instantly(i.e afternoon naps).
Just remember that key factor here is your amount of sleep and eventuall debt.
take care

Since I’ve been on the forum I’ve been waking up after every dream which makes it easy to write down the dream… I have up to 4 dreams a night generally, sometimes just 3 or even 2…