"God this, God that" In the USA

But we have establish bush is idiot right?

To quote paul-“If the president can make up words so can i!”.

He have freedom of speech, but he shouldn’t. Idiots should not be allowed to talk. ^.^ or at least not political idiots. ^.^

lets see umm bush included god thatt’s good but he way he said it was wrong.Him saying may godbless us…no it should of been god bless us and god bless america and if any one is offended they should just live with it the atheist are gettin everything.Dont you people realize that this nation was built on the bible and its beliefs.

and hi trung

the stupidest thing i ever saw was these ppl were protesting the ten commandmont thingy in the court house and one shouted " GIVE US BACK OUR GOD! YOU… GOD HATER!" Moron. Its like on the first line, thou shalt not worship false idols.

Religion does not give you freedom, it restricts it…

I agree thomas

I think we should let them talk, that way we can know how idiotic they are. Although, just one look at Bush is enough to see what an idiot he is. (no offence to anyone) But, you should accept that freedom of speech does more good than bad. (i think you were just joking so you can disregard the last sentence)

I think that the schools should not have only the commandments, they should have other religious material from other religions as well so that they can teach and not preach. Except for religion specific schools. And the thing with taking the oath in court, i think if you aren’t religious you can do something else like someone mentioned already.

I can understand about people who wish the schools not to have the commandments on the wall (especially those who aren’t christian) although these commandments are the basis for morals and law in the western world they carry a religious message as well, eg. for atheist parents they would not want their children being told that God will send them to hell by the teacher. It isn’t right for one religion to be ruling a country, invading the schools. Non-religious people don’t want to be surrounded by religion.

The president saying things like god bless us doesn’t offend me, but it might do to others. If the president worshiped the devil and made references to the devil in every speech would the Christians here accept that?

Alex i agree with you yes we should be allowed to have religious things in school,but to apoint as to not offend any one to much.Also i agree with your statement that not one religion should control the goverment. but should people really be allowed to remove everything america is based on? And no offense you seemed kinda of well contradicting to yourself.

Shinta of wu

If bush worshipped the devil would christians be offended?Well it would depend on if they were protestant,catholic or orthodox or reform.Yes most likely if they were catholic probably would be offended and especially if they were orthodox or protestant.And um well depends on the person and how into religion you are.In my opinion he wouldnt really be fit to lead our country but i mean if he is chosen by the people i would except it and just see how we ended up(we being country of u.s.)

:content:  shinta of wu

DAMN IT!!! I just typed out a great rant and the whole thing got deleted because my stupid ISP screwed up. If you want to read something that will really open your mind, click here…

christianburner.com/reality.html#heav

Wow, this guy does not like christians, very intresting site killaklown. They had alot of good points, i read the whole thing, went kinda of fast.

Iliked how he desrcibed Jesus christ, with his story of babysitting is neices and nephews. This person has good analogies :content: Kinda of kooky though, but who isnt? :eh:

I’ve never seen a Political/Religious thread that went on for more than 1 page without deteriorating into profanity and exclamation points. Good job! :grin:

that web sittte link was an intense and yet somewhat enlightining reading.His views were out there and some i can see are good but i just dont know i am a christian and i fell god exist and that there is a hell bu i been taught that god is caring kind and everything this writer stated he wasn’t

I understand what you are saying i think, don’t take this the wrong way but he is using logic to say how God doesn’t exist, which is pointless for most religious people because they don’t base religion on logic, they base it on feelings and faith. If one truly has faith they can never be converted. But i agreed with most (not all) of what he said.

Wow Alex. I can’t beleive we actually agree on something! Are you non-christian? Athiest? Or just don’t know? Me, I’m not totally against the idea of God, it’s just that I live in the biggest bible belt this side of the south. Seriously. There is a church every five miles out here. There are freakin’ billboards everywhere spouting bible verses out at me and it gets on my nerves. How come we don’t see some buddhist or satanic or muslim or jewish slogans out there? They’re all religions too. Not all christians are bad, but 90 percent of them where I live are the hellfire and brimstone preaching retards who are quick to point out everything that is wrong with you if you don’t go to church. It’s people like that who can really sour an opinion on christianity. And don’t tell me (not you Alex, everyone else) I shouldn’t base my religious beliefs on how other followers of the faith believe. I still have my doubts on the bible. To me the book just seems like a parable written at a time when things were not fully understood. These writers of the bible saw comets and stars and eclipses and of course they were afraid. We’re past that now. The biggest thing that makes me not believe however is how christians and the bible says that if you do not know god and you die you go to hell. What about tribal people in foreign countries who have never even seen a white man or a bible. Is it really fair for all the ones who have died in the past and ones who will die in the future to go to hell just because of a crappy geographical location that made them unreachable to modern man and his religion? That seems very unfair. Surely if christianity were the real true religion god would be dropping copies of the bible out of the sky to ensure that none of his people are left behind.

Yes it is amazing that we actually agree!! I am an agnostic as close to atheism as you could be. i.e. there is only a very slight possibility that God exists in my opinion. There are countless reasons for me why God does not exist that it would take up more than one post to write them down. I also notice that you say your point of view very strongly which can be a good thing, but it can also be a bad thing. But i will leave it at that to let the agreement actually sound like an agreement. :wink:

You know what Alex. I bet if we were both in the same school and on the debate team, we’d be there all night! Seriously though. I value your opinions very much and lot’s of things you have said in other posts have made very much sense to me. Sorry we end up bickering so much. You’re right I do say my opinions very strongly. Strange that I’m not that bad in real life. I guess it’s when I’m on a keyboard that it all decides to come out, when people can’t see me. I’m a coward… :help:

I am not a believer of any religion, but if there is a god as described in the christian bible, i am convinced this god is not good/kind. Why would a God threaten people to believe in him/her?? It basicly says that if you do not believe in him/her, you go straight to hell… Same thing applies to the people who believe in a other religion… weird how most of the people in world will burn in hell :eek:
What religion you believe in, greatly depends on where you was born and what you where taught as a child.

A god who says this: Believe in me or burn forever in hell! Just cannot be good in my opinion

Totally agree there…

Thanks Thomas. I know that christians will choose faith above logic, and that’s fine. They’re free to do so. The main reason that many people choose religion is out of fear, and I decided long ago I would never let my life be dominated by fear of what will happen when I die.

There is no fear. I choose it out of love.

I used to be Athiest. Then agnostic. Now I can’t look at the beauty and intricacy of this world and say there isn’t a God. Life doesn’t make any sense with the absence of a God. But I adopt a a belief that God is more of a force, an omniprescent entity that doesn’t judge.