Taking flight

I was never been much good at flying, but the technique I found that worked realy easily was to feel some wind blowing and then let it catch on something, I used to use a piece of paper, but when I couldn’t find some I found the letting it catch in my shirt worked just as well.
Also the other thing I found about flying is that once you’ve got into the air and started, it tends not to be an issue. The main problem is getting up and stable in the first place.

The only bit in the matrix reloaded that reminded me of lucid dreaming was that bit where Neo takes off and jumps up, arms pointed up, and flies away. Need I say any more? In my first LD I flew pretty similarly to that, and it hadn’t even been released yet.

I’ve flown a few times in LDs before… With all of them I had been pretty unaware of how I was actually flying. It was like something was just pushing me forwards. Anyhow, lately I haven’t been able to achieve flight at all… I’ll jump up into the air, yet I’ll just come back down like one would in reality. I’m going to try to give myself wings in my next LD to help me :smile: I’ve always wanted to do that…

Since I had my first LD, i have never had any trouble actually getting into the air. In my last LD, however, I just fell back down to the ground (only one time though, then I managed to get back up into the air).

The only way I know of flying is the flapping arms technique. It is a really bad technique, it’s really slow and sometimes I can’t even move with it. I’m trying to learn the superman style of flying. It’s really hard though, in my last LD I lost control and flew sideways into a forest. :happy:

I know what you mean, flying can be a pain in the a$$. So far, I’ve only been able to master the art of levitation. It seems like every time I try to take off, the dream loses its stability and I wake up.

i was about to start another topic, then i saw this one

i don’t really have a problem flying as much as i have a problem of flying fast. in my last LD i was flying around and wanted to go really fast and i tried to will myself to do so and i started to go faster (i was envisioning the neo superspeed type thing), but it was weird, i started shaking like i had achieved some sorta speed limit that i couldn’t go past

then i got annoyed and flew at the regular speed again, that ever happen to anyone else?

hmm, might jsut be a mind block, or that you were not lucid enough, try a command, such as “LIGHT SPEED!” heh…

as long as you belive you can go any speed, then you can.

“Your limitation is your immagination”

Oneiromancer, I have the opposite problem, sometimes things are just
a blur and I want it to slow down! Funny how that works.

Incidentally, we’re neighbors. (I’m in Durham)

I’ve always had trouble flying as well. One technigue I use now that works well (even though it isn’t really flying, it’s just as fun though) is to web-sling around like Spiderman. If you’ve ever played the Spiderman game on ps2 then you’ll notice that on the first level there is nothing for your web to stick to. It just goes straight up into the sky. Well, that didn’t stop me. I took that idea to sleep one night and when I became lucid I shot my webbing up and went way over my house. It was really fun. Try this out sometime.

My ‘flight’ generally consists of sitting on air, about four feet off the ground. It’s only a little faster than walking.

The one and only time I was focused enough to try creating wings (I get distracted very easily when I’m lucid), all that really happened was a prickly feeling at my back, the kind you feel when someone’s standing close behind you. I went very high that time – maybe thirty feet – but the height itself scared me and I lost control over direction and such.

Actually flying was the easiest thing for me to do. First time I tried it I didn’t think it should really be hard so I just tried air-swimming, and after floating I went Superman-style. I just put my arms in the air and zzzzzzoomed at incredible speeds. I have full control over myself whilst flying, and its the most wonderful experience.

Next LD I’m trying the big fight-scene of Neo-Agent Smith in the Matrix: Revolutions. :slight_smile:

As soon as I am lucid, I got trouble keeping on the ground, which makes staying in the dream more difficult for me :confused:

tapir

I have a lot of trouble flying also, my mosy successful flight though was when i tried DM7’s method of imagining that you are pure energy and take off. Im gonna keep practicing it though :ok: , i am getting better at it.

-=JaSoN=-

I’m with immortal. Flying is incredibly easy. Sometimes I can even get the ‘feeling’ in real life. I don’t know if I use a specific technique… I just sort of lift off. Quickly.

I know what you mean Tapir, I don’t often feel as if I am walking, just floating around. This has also caused my trouble when trying spinning techniques - it’s sometimes like being in a zero G environment.

I can levitate easily but flying is hard to accomplish because it causes the dream to become very unstable. I think that I’ll eventually learn to fly but I need to reach higher levels of stability first.

usually my flying in ld is superherotype flying. It’s also usually very fast and for example landing is often very diffucult…

flying the most usual thing i do in ld… like there ain’t any ld that i wouldn’t try it, but sometimes the realitynes of lucid dream makes that that i can’t fly…

best flying experience was once, when i realized in aeroplane that i’m dreaming… so i jumped out of window/wall and started to fly very fast. sometimes i was over clouds and sometime below. and landscapes were just breathtaking… etc.

on one polish site is easy way to fly…
just create yourself an flying object,like an Jet Pack,or an umbrella like MAry Poopins :razz: somthing that can fly ;d

last night i had a LD and decided to try some other flying methods. I saw a broom on the floor and decided to use that to fly. It flew at an incredible speed but was very very hard to control, it was a good experience though :content: .

-=JaSoN=-

I tried to fly once… I was on a snow-capped mountain… it didn’t work, so I found a huge cliff, did a few RC’s (just in case) and leaped off. I can’t remember if it worked or not. It sure was a long way down though.