i have an idea,maybe stupid.......

Ahhh, going by our Avatars, they will think I am talking to myself! LOL…
Dzien’ dobry, worm…
I been experimenting with my watch beeping on the hour too… oh my how it annoys everyone around me :rofl: .
I’m not sure about hearing it while I’m sleeping… probably too quiet. But if nothing else, it helps me do a reality check at least once an hour (on the hour).
Whether you actually hear the beep from the “real world” (which real world ?? :tongue: ) probably doesn’t matter if you can get in the habit of hearing the beep and doing a RC, it would work just as well to dream a beep if it propts a successful reality check.
Keep us posted worm … if this works for you, I’ll try it more/harder too.

Peace,
Sruthan

ummm…you know a litlle polish??
well i will be trying for,ummm…maaybe week.
keep in contact :happy:

mostly just the words to Sto Lat and ahhh Kotki Dwa… :smile: my great-grandmother came from Poland.

I think this is a very good idea. I’ll try it.

cool,for the first time i see polish words on this forum :happy:
Technodreamer-thanks :happy:
i think its worth a try…

I can add few more polish ones but ill leave it for eventuall pm.Welcome to the forum Worm-Jack is polish too:)

Super i thought that i am the only one :happy:

Now, what I would like is something that will monitor my REM and at the correct time play a short recording / .WAV file of my own voice saying “I’m Dreaming!” or “This is a Dream!” through a tiny ear piece so that it would sound just like I’d thought it!
How about it?

Why are you talking to yourself? And in gibberish?! :smile:

First night with my idea:
well that was an first night,so it cannot work,it needs a litlle more practic,so i can “program” my brain to do that,when the watch beeps
oh wait!
BEEEEEEEEP
“This is an dream!”
:smile:

Psyconaut:welll it is possible,but how to make it to play after 6 hours :sad:
the only way i know is to set it in the computer.But it costs a lot of electricity and the procesor buzing is horible :smile:
and you must have an computerin the bedroom

I do that WAV sound thing, I have written a script that starts the file at a specific time

and it works?? :eh:

it doesn’t help me LD, but i haven’t been trying for a long time. sometimes it wakes me up beacuse i’ve set the volume too loud

BEEEEEEEEEEP
This is an dream :smile:
it looks like i am the only one thats trying this method.
i know i know,an method maked by somebody that hat only one LD in the past can’t work :wink:
but in the school i must turn the beeep off :sad:
BEEEEEEP!
this is an dream :smile:

My watch always beeps on the hour and I always RC. I’ve had this watch beeping going on for about 3 weeks now and it helps keep waking RC’s constant but i’ve yet to dream a BEEP or hear the actual beep in a dream yet. I’ve wanted to get a headband or something and put the watch next to my ear as i sleep. I think that would be the only way I’d be able to hear it in a dream, but I haven’t tried it yet.

-p-Wes

That’s a good idea, p-wes. If you end up doing this, please let us know how it works.

For wristwatch RC’s, my strategy is to check my watch at random times throughout the day so that I don’t become dependant on hearing a chime.

I cant believe this hasnt been done before, it has to be REM initiated and direct into the ear thru an ear piece or I dont think it would work well but what could work better than your own voice in your dream saying ‘This is a Dream!’ ???

I have a novadreamer (Apparently in Spanish nova means ‘it doesnt work’! :smile: )
I have given up on it as it never induces LD’s but I could adapt it to do what I want. My work is mainly computer repairs so I should be able to figure it out, if I do I’ll let you know how it goes.

Worm!
I in with you on the watch-beeping RC’s and I leave it near my bed at night… something worked last night… hmmmm, but I got lucid without a particular RC.

The Wizard,
I have mine beep hourly, but I definitely don’t rely on that… I do a lot of random RC’s and RC’s triggered by dreams signs, etc.

Psychonaut… keep us posted on what you figure out for the NovaDreamer… while ur on that, figure out how we can make our own “SuperNova” upgrade… (I might could help with the software if you can figure the hardware end)… the Lucidity Institute is psycho to want to charge so much for that after we’ve already paid a bizillion dollars for bits and pieces of an old Apple II.

Peace,
Sruthan

I think I’ve found just the right thing for the job, it’s a tiny light sensitive device which you can record 10 seconds of speech on, it plays everytime it senses light and it’s only 9.95US.
I can put the sensor in the right eye side of the novadreamer and when the light comes on it will trigger it to play the 10 second recording of me saying ‘This is a Dream…I’m Dreaming!’ straight into my ear. :cool:
Will keep you posted…

This is vaguely similar to how the NovaDreamer works. The signal is given from the outside while you’re sleeping and you train yourself to recognize the signal and then do a reality check. Its a good idea but just remember that its a method that still requires effort and training to make useful. Most likely, though there are always exceptions, its not something thats going to work the first time and then be consistent.

Ive never tried this myself but I am sure that if you keep doing your reality checks at the hourly beeps and the beep of your watch is loud enough to be percieved while you dream, that you’ll be successful.

I think there are even some PC programs out there that will issue beeps that you can alter for your own level of audibility… programs created specifically for cueing LDs.