3rd person dreaming

I have been keeping track of my dreams for quite some time now. I recently flipped through and reflected back on my dreams. I noticed that in nearly all of my dreams, I am not in them. I have experienced a few dreams in which I was in them. I have been able to have a few LDs but it makes it difficult when I am not even present in the dream. I see things from different angles like a movie in the majority of my dreams, and I have been aware of the fact that they are dreams, but i wouldn’t call them lucid because i was unable to affect anything about the dream. My question is, is it able to make a dream in which you aren’t present in the dream into a LD? And, is there a way to actually put myself into these 3rd person dreams?

Thanks

I wonder that too. Im in a period of 1:st person dreams right now but they often come in periods of 3:rd person.

wow, thats werid, and a good question. Most of my dreams, im in them. But i guess it would be harder then normal to hit lucid, if your not even in the dream in the first place. But after you hit lucidity, you can’t create dreams, but you can change everything as you please :smile:

That’s a really good question :wink:
Who ae you dreaming about?

I sometimes dream as other people, but i normally just have dreams with me in it, and a lost reality :tongue:
I think this post inspired a thread:D

Sometimes I dream without being in the dream, it’s as if I’m watching a movie.

Once I saw the station logo or a ‘tv’ too.

My dreams always cycle between perspectives fairly quickly. I very rarely have a dream where I constantly stay in one perspective. Maybe 2 out of 10. As for being lucid, I’ve had a few lucid dreams, or moments at least, where I didn’t have a body. All I was aware of was my surroundings. I didn’t see my hands, arms, feet, anything. It’s possible. But I’m definately not the best example of it at work.

This happens quite often for me also, you should check out my nightmare post. It’s like your straped into a chair and forced to watch. It could be a very pleasant rosy fairy tale or it could be the house of horrors.

3rd person dreams are sometimes reflective of your attitude in the waking life. Try to be self-aware more often and interact with your waking environment more.

Good point Trancewave. I’m at work a lot, and always put myself in the state of mind that I am somewhere else, and not actually doing what I’m doing. It helps me not think about all the crap I take from customers, (working at a pizza place SUCKS) but I guess it would hurt me in the dreamtime. I think I’ll try to be more aware of my surroundings from now on.

Yea, good idea, ill try that because the 3rd person dreams keep coming, sometimes i see myself but only from behind or from the ground, i see things like a movie in my dreams, but i never see my face, usually my hair is covering my face in dreams. Thanks for the advice!

Ok, here’s an example, last night i dreamed that I was with some friends and a band called Coal Chamber was playing a concert. Anyways, there was a bunch of other details that involved me, but half way through it the dream turned into an episode of the Simpsons. I saw everything like i was watching a television. It was cool but it kept switching from “reality” to the simpsons. I guess i was supposed to be Bart. But I couldn’t become lucid because when I asked if i was dreaming at one part, It snapped to the Simpsons episode and they made a joke about dreams. :confused:

i’ve had lucid dreams that started from a third person perspective. in a recent one i’ve had a girl was pushed out of a window and i thought to myself “how cool would it be if i could swoop in like superman and catch her” and then all of a sudden i came flying in and caught her. my consciousness then transferred over to my dream body and i took over from a first person perspective.

that’s usually how i get my body in LDs where i start out w/o a body. just try transferring your consciousness into the closest person, even if it isn’t you.

hope that helps

I’m usually myself and in my body in dreams. One exception was my very first LD. I wanted to fly so I climbed out of a window. While I was climbing through it my point of view transferred to a point a few metres away, then quickly went back inside my own head. I didn’t notice it at the time, which is weird.

im usually always in first person in my dreams, the only time it is in 3rd person is when i am not in it and the dream is focused on the life of someone else.

-=JaSoN=-

I have that alot too, alottta times I’m watching somebody else as if it was a story. Would this have to do with alot of screen time(being infront of tv, video games, computer, etc.)?