Interval music

Hey Dreamers,

I like to try the following thing… (kinda like worm´s watch idea)

Program my stereo set to start playing a song with a low volume for a few minutes (2/3) and then It´ll shut off again. This each night around 2.30am

Does anyone have experience with this, what are your theories, will it work?

Didn’t LaBerge experiment with this? I’m not sure though what he concluded… I think it’s somewhere mentioned in EWLD or Lucid Dreaming.
Personally I don’t think there’s much chance that it will work. Even IF the music will somehow be incorporated in your dream, then you’ll probably notice it in some distorted way (for instance a strange barking dog or some guy singing a weird version of your music), like with the red flashes of the NovaDreamer. You must be very lucky if you recognize it in the dream. Still, good luck! I hope you dó recognize the signs and become lucid :wink: Let us know your results.

Someday I’ll find a way to setup treefingers to play in my sleep. Taht song is really trippy, and I always used to listen to it while looking at the forums, so I associate it with dreams.

Hey Mystic,

That´s whatI´m afraid of too. I think the music will be picked up subliminal, and doesn´t have effect on my dreams.

I hear a lot of laberge lately, is there a good website on his work?

greets,
Thor

The only website I know off is about his Lucidity Institute at Stanford: lucidity.com

My husband’s radio alarm goes off about 3/4 hour before I have to get up. Quite often I will go back into a dream, but I am fully aware of the voice of the DJ. They run a competition every morning and sometimes I dream that I am phoning up the radio station with the answer. :smile:
This is rarely enough to make me lucid, though, (but perhaps this is because I am aware that I have to get up soonish).

Edit: I’ve just noticed that DJ comes out as dream journal - not quite what I meant :grin:

Hey Sleepyhead,

I have the same experiences with radio alarm clocks. I sometimes fall asleep again during the news, In my dream I hear and see the news like in a television news broadcast.

Greets,
Thor