I think I'm going to try to master WILD

I’ll try to help as much as I can :>

After reading the tips for the aspiring dreamer topic, I have decided that I’m gonna practice WBTB each night without giving up. WILD is the first induction technique I plan to use :cool: And I’m not planning to quit this time… :wink:

aod/pvd? What is that? I don’t understand. And I haven’t given up on you, I’ve responded to all of your pms with positive outlook.

And as for WILD , for some reason, I can’t seem to even get vibes anymore. -.- Sucks.

And One Winged Angel? WILD is Wake Initiated LD. Where, you enter an LD conciouss. It is really quite fun.

Great to see you trying again daysong. Goodluck.

And Dreamwalker? Good to hear from you again. ^.^
The technique development was what I was going for.

sorry again Mimic O Distortion for whatever I did in forsaking you.

To everyone in on this, I’d like to suggest an idea.

We all take one week of wild, and report based on what we configure from there. Does that idea take your fancy? Because it seems to me reporting every day will be more random and inconsistent than through longer periods of experiment. Yes?

I was kidding. aod is a person here that has been practicing LDing for 3 years. Also goes by pvd in the chatrooms.

Ive NEVER gotten vibration in trying to WILD…EVER. Ive had the occasional ultra small spasm as a reaction to not moving, but thats as close as Ive gotten. :sad:
Im lost…what do I do after im Numb? I just sit there…waiting to go into a dream like state. Trying to push myself into a dream like state…trying to drift…etc…i just sit there…what now? :help:

The WILD technique can be so amazing and scary. Before I knew about lucid dreaming I had several scary experiences with sleep paralysis. I would wake up but still be paralyzed and see hypnagogic hallucinations in my room or feel like I was floating above my bed but couldn’t control it. The vibration part of it was almost the scariest part. Of course now I know what’s going on and it’s not scary anymore and I count myself lucky to have had the experience.

So anyway here’s what I do to induce the vibrations. First I do a relaxation exercise. I like to focus my attention on different muscle groups and tense and relax them, then tense and relax my entire body. I do that for 10 minutes or so until my body is very relaxed. Then I do what I call “thought cycling”, which is thinking about an image/sound for only about one second, then switching to a different image/sound. I noticed that as I fall asleep, just before the vibrations and paralysis set in, I would enter a pre-dream state where imagery and sound played almost at random… so I try to recreate this by thought cycling. The thought cycling is a good technique for sleeping in general because it stops you from thinking about one topic too much and staying awake… like worrying about bills or something that is pointless before you go to sleep.

After I thought cycle for a while (5-15 minutes depending), the imagery and sounds just start happening on their own, and the imagery gets really vivid and the sound gets really strange… like sometimes I hear two people having a conversation, but I can’t understand what they are saying… or weird music. Sometimes vibrations kick in at this point, if not I try to feel my dream body. I imagine my dream body resting in the same space as my real body… usually because of the increased vividness of the hypnagogic state, this is easy. Then I lift my dream arm out of my real arm… If everything goes well I will either go into the vibrating state, or pass through it and be very close to a lucid dream… all I have to do is roll out of my real body and I’m in the dream. Moving your dream body in this hypnagogic state is kind of like using your imagination rather than sending your “real” arm or body the message to move… but since the hypnagogic state gives you such vivid imaginatory powers, imagining it is just like doing it. When I say I roll my dream body out of my real body, it’s kind of like rocking back and forth in your bed and then rolling over. By the time I roll over my real body is usually totally paralyzed and I can start moving my dream body as normal without waking up. There is a dangerous part before total paralysis has set in where you can accidentally move your real body and wake up… so just be careful not to try too hard until you are sure your body is paralyzed.

sucks too much at LDing and such to do the above ^^^^

WILD is STILL very strange to me. I did it again this morning, and I can’t seem to see things, but when I finally get my eyes open, I’m flying around my room, and fall on the floor before waking up on my bed. Do you have to open your eyes or do the images eventually just appear? THats all I wonder. Because my past successes with WILD, I have a moment of lost memory before appearing in the dream. -.-

Good luck everyone.

I had a strange experience last night.

After a 2 day break, I listened to LD test preset again. I did try to WILD too at least once and I think twice more…
I didn’t get vibrations, but once in the night I got aware in a dream from the start.
I managed this twice. In the second one, I found myself looking at my watch which then exploded!
Everything went white and I kept calm, thus I got myself to get up (using my imagination!) from my dream bed, I went through the wall and out to fly!
I suspect my WILD attempts worked but I don’t remember if I tried to WILD before my 2 LD’s. Oh well. Something worked…

I have had a WILD once. I fealt the Vibrations and then I imagined my body leaving my real body. I got half way out and then it looked like I almost got a huge piece of external skin it came off and then I was knocked back to the real world supe Awake. I really want to master this too.

I went into the archives, and i remmeber this method(i didnt read now) I think its for opening your chakras. I rememebr i tried it once, and it seemed to work. I havent tried this since the post i found it at. Check it out tell me what you think :grin:

https://www.scns.com/earthen/other/seanachaidh/chakras.html

I don’t know what that had to do with the post but thank you anyway because I was looking for how to open them and also can you just open one if you want. Like ony the third eye?

I thought it would be a good idea to help master the wild, just an idea :content:

on a WBTB a couple of days ago, I got maybe close on a WILD focusing on body sensations/vibrations… got to a state of pretty strong, but not 100% SP … i felt very paralysed, but couldnt get my dream body to move… i kept playing back and forth between focusing on my real body… getting it feeling really paralysed and then back to trying to get my dream body to move… it was a strange struggle… in the end, i ended up causing my real body to move … though it was as if i was encased in almost dry cement.
i’ll keep trying … any tips or thoughts on my experience?

Peace,
Sruthan

When you WILD, how do you do it?

i tried WILD nast night.
i relaxed ect. but i felt asleep with no SP no LD ,
i dont care its scary

Someone told me the more you do it, the easier it gets, well not exactly easier, its like building yourself to a level. Im not 100% sure what you can do different, just keep trying the same thing. :happy:

Hallstrom? If that was my post, I do it by lying in bed and mentally entertaining myself, meanwhile expecting to WILD . Then When the vibes get more intense, I concentrate hard to stay aware, and being VERY carefull not to move. ^.^

Thanks Hubbs… I tried again with a similar result, I’ll keep trying!

Trung,
You say that you are VERY careful not to move… then are you able to move your dream body without moving your physical body, or do you not really move either and somehow just let the vibes take you there?

Peace,
Sruthan

looking forward to see some results…

as am I blue ferry. I sit there and the vibes come, and after a certain point, I know that I can try to move my body (but most of the time i can’t because I feel VERY heavy, or more like made of stone). You’ll know when you’re in the dream, I always FLY into it, with music playing, and then things go wrong. Thats what I’m hoping to fix here. ^.^

anyone have results yet?

Not much to report.
I have had better dream recall though,I’m now up to six dreams I remember each night.