I hate getting stuff wrong, how about you?

Is it just (nasty) me? I mean I hate getting things wrong. (Although it is usually hard to avoid doing so, well mabye exept Steven Hawkings, never him, no never, don’t question him.)

Anway, it really bothers me, but usually I just exept it and make sure to not get it wrong again.

So does this mean I’m aragant? It makes me feel guilty.

Don’t worry; human nature. But if you don’t want to get things wrong you can just say it might be or could be instead of it is. So instead of saying this book is green you could say this book might be green or looks as if it is green. Unless you are talking about tests in which case there is little hope, although i have got a few perfect scores with difficult tests they were not the ones that counted unfortunately. But things like that happen. If you go into things you are less likely to make mistakes, but more likely to be dissapointed.

Hawkings messed up. He tried to prove one of Einstiens theories wrong but nooo he was wrong.

that’s right, i don’t remember which one but i am quite sure that he did make a mistake. But that is how we learn, at least it is how we are supposed to learn. Some people just keep on making the same mistakes over and over without even realising it.

in gunbound, I usually hit my teammate accidentally. hope that helps.

www.gunbound.net if you wanna play… you’ll know me when you see me

I wouldn’t worry about it too much. I used to hate getting things wrong too, but I think I’m used to it now :tongue: .

I used to hate getting things wrong too. I still hate it, but I now know that making mistakes is the only way we learn and grow in life. No pain no gain.

If you make a mistake, you were always going to. If you don’t, you never could have.

What responsbility? :smile:

I’m talking about the 2 + 2 = 4 type. Let us say I said it was 5, I would be wrong. But what annoys me is what if it was really 5 and not 4. We have been brough up to thing that it was 4, but what if it was somehing else. For example, what if the colour yellow is actually a light coloured green, but because we have been brough up to think of it as yellow, it now no longer looks green!

when is 2+2=5 and not 4?
when is yellow green? It could be how you say it but when you look at a colour chart with all the colours in a line it is a smooth difference between colours and not a jump when we get to yellow, so i would say that yellow is not green. Besides sometimes when one of my eyes is exposed to more light than the other for some time i can see slightly different colours with each eye.

I REALLY hate being wrong. It wouldn’t bother me so much if I just realized it by myself, but this rarely happens. And then when someone tries to correct I usually like make a big fuss about how I’m right. Then after a while I realize my mistake, quite embarassing. :sad:

Yes, that’s what I mean.

If someone brough you up to think 2 + 2 = 5, you’d beleive it if you were told not to question it. I’ve never questioned that 2 + 2 = 4, untill now, but what if it doesn’t!!!