Do you personally take Melatonin?

and if so, can you tell a difference than when not taking it, and if so, what is different?

I am thinking about starting taking it.

I have taken it before, and noticed I had a very vivid dreams but melatonin gives me insomnia I often wake up very early in the morning and cannot go back to sleep when I take it, because of this I don’t take it very often.

I used to take Melatonin quite a bit a couple of months ago to help me sleep and dream, but then decided to quit because I was becoming too dependant on it.

With that said, last night I decided to take Melatonin again, just to see what kind of effects it would have on me. Well, I took 4 Melatonin pills (12mg) and so far I have remembered 6 dreams from last night which is very unusual for me, and i had my 1st lucid dream in weeks! I’m not going to take it tonight, but I might take it tomorrow night just so I don’t become dependant on it again.

I only take melatonin when I am having difficulty sleeping to give my body’s natural production a boost. I don’t think I’ve ever noticed stronger dreams though… only better sleep. Though that may affect dreaming.

I take it once-twice a week when i know i gotta wake up earlier than usuall.I know that without it i wouldnt be sleeping till 3-4 am so it helps me to get more sleep when needed.
As for me its firstly great sleep aid.Puts me to bed in an hour and i have good rest.Dreamvise it has an effect-not big but there is a difference-my dreams are slightly more vivid and better.

I take it every now and then. I consider it kinda a dream candy. I don’t think I need it anymore though, cause my reacall is fine without it, and I can usually get to sleep no problem now. Like Jack said, I use it now mostly for when I need to wake up early

Yea its not good to take too often because your natural melatonin levels go down causing insomnia on the nights you don’t take it. I only take it once a week if at all. It is a good boost though to restore your dream recall though. I took 3mg for the first time one night and remembered a lot more, but throughout the day I felt like I was still dreaming all day. I went to sleep that night without taking it and had my first full length high level LD :grin: . I didn’t take it either the next night and then had another LD just as good. :cool:

Well my experience is that u just get a greater portion of deep sleep stage when u take melatonin. After time indeed u can get insomnia if u keep on taking it and then quite but lol even that passes in time because i take it now for several years and if i stop now i fall a sleep as good as ever. so even the insomnia part can pass over time.
But to say it ever made me dream miracle way or really gave me more rem sleep…no!

It helped me with meditating a bit.

Jeff

I agree with Jeff,

After 3 days of taking Melatonin, all I can report is deeper sleep and less dream recall. I think I am no longer going to use it.

Even eating 3 bananas and a Vit B didnt help. So maybe there is something wrong with just me.

-Crowe