The Water Method...Does It Work?

I was reading through the site under “tips and tricks” (I think it was that section). Well anyways, it mentions a supposedly working method where you drink alot of water before you go to bed and in your dream you will for sure dream of trying to find a bathroom or actually in a bathroom. Well before you go to sleep you are supposed to say to your self: “Whenever I am in a bathroom or looking for one, I am in a dream”…then I am guessing you would follow this with a RC. I haven’t tried this method myself so I was wondering if anyone else has used this method and how it has worked for them. Thanks for any respones.

Drinking lots of water just ensures that you will get up and use the restroom in the middle of the night. This will help you remember dreams you had because you wake up after you have them and also sets yourself up for a chance to get a nice WILD while you try to go back to bed. Or using other methods to induce LDs at that point.

I have tried, no success, but I’ve seen results around the forum while doing this method. You should give it a try. Some methods work for some people, others work for the other people…

A good idea if you are going to use this method might be to train yourself to do a RC each time you go to a bathroom until you do this automatically. If not, you might go to a bathroom in your dream forgetting all about your intentions and have an “accident” :tongue:

It’s called UILD - Urine Induced Lucid Dream.

At least half of all the lucid dreams I’ve ever had have been initiated by my bladder sending me searching for a toilet in my dream, often when I find one I either need to go again almost straight away or it ‘feels odd’ like your going to pissing yourself even though your already doing it in a toilet, that feeling always triggers a lucid dream in me.

I’ve never succeeded in doing it on purpose though…

I think liquid passes through me so quickly that I have to wake up and piss before I get to REM.