How's this for an interesting topic?

“A human can do what he wants, but he can´t want what he wants”, that is beautiful, exactly what I was trying to say (it is always nice to know someone else has always agreed with you :content: ). The parralel universes theory could “explain” the idea of free-will, but I find that it is unnecesarily complicated and not in accordance wtih the nature of, um, nature :grin: , that is, what we already have determined about how we feel that “things work” or how “stuff happens”. And hubbs, it sounds like your definition of fate is different, more like “we have a final endpoint we can do nothing about, but we can do whatever we want to get there”? Is that right? If so, I would like to hear about it, it is one of the wierdest things I have ever heard… And as far as any “free-will” is concerned, anyone who agrees with the concept, you have to realize that there “free-will” doesn’t exist, and anything you believe in is already limited free-will, aka partially pre-determined. If anyone has any reasons that they feel I am wrong on that point please say why.

I dont have a problem with fate. I still think i have free willl, but some how this situtaion came itself. Remember you don’t choose the things you believe in, they choose you. It is up to you to make best , or do the right thing under those circumstances. If your ever depress dont be, because with you or without you, you always make a difference and whatever feeling you have will always cross someone elses mind to, what i mean is KARMA.

Where did it go b/c i tried to explain what i mean, it comes down what you believe in, but it depends of you face it. Everybody has their facts, but everybody has different results, thats is what keeps us unique. But otherwise if it comes down to do something unatural or anything you can’t see your self doing, its understandable untill you actually face the fact of being, not opinontate before it happens. Y b/c sometimes you can’t control if it happens, thats were fate takes responibility. I still beileve in free choice, but are free choice contracts with our fate. So it intertwines and become infinity. Everybody has it own story and they somehow connect and make sense of all being. Maybe we will figure it out one day… or its already been figured…!

I completely don’t understand what you mean by “fate and free will become intertwined and created infinity”, and I get the feeling maybe it isn’t supposed to be understood?

Its already infintiy were just another part of its generation. I was a little off by explaning what i meant. Infintiy in this world means to me, that every situation proabally happened before, but were re-living each situation we do today as a regular common mistake or we evolve from our mistakes and create new ones. I can go on , but it sounds like crap when i type it. So thats what i mean by infiinity regular common problems and soultions one has seen way too many times. But what i mean by it intertwines is what we do to our everyday problems and situations, and what results do we seek and just keep. I have very complex ways of explaning myslef, inculding puncation problems and lack of proof reading. But i try my best to get what mean across through these words.

hey, just wanted to add something interesting i saw from the movie
k-pax.

It won’t ruin the ending so don’t worry.

At the end the guy from k-pax explains how the universe will continue to expand and then will eventually collapse back on itself and another big bang will occur and it will expand again and then collapse back on itself again. This process will continue on forever. He goes on to say every time the universe expands everything will be the same as it is now. Everything will happen over and over again. It will be like a movie being played over and over again.

What i derived from this is that there would have had to have been a first big bang at one point, right? I know some people will say that it has always existed, but thats the easy way out.

so after the first universe was created we would have had free will, beacause nothing had pre-determined our fate beforehand (or at least not something relating to this theory)

and in all the universes after the first one our fate would have been set.
this also explains why, if we have fate, that so many of our desicions seem to be of free will. it is because at one point we did make these desicions with free will.

I hope this makes some sense.
And i know this theory has some flaws as it assumes quite a few things, but so does most other theories.

That is a easy way to say what i am getting at. I can relate, but i hate to say its from a movie but its suome what similar what i am trying to get at.(i never seen that movie either, was it good? i had doubts) Each event we face today actually happen andwill continue to happen forever. aND THAT MEANS INFINITY! Life is forever in a diverse way.

Ahhh(Sound of refreshed interest from Zaerus) I love it when I start a good discussion. I believe on the parralel universe theory… I even use it in my comic book. Which by the way is almost ready to me posted on the net. Okay. If fate DOES exist, then we were destined to argue about this topic. If it doesn’t then we are just further exploring our limits. So really, this conversation has no negative possible outcome. This works out for the best for every one. You other people out there who look at my posts but don’t respond… Please do. I love to hear from you. I’m not done with this topic, but I’ll wait for a few more post before I post my final opinion. And remember my Quote :gni:

Certainly is an interesting topic. :grin: It is difficult to know exactly what to believe.
I don’t think that there are parallel universes; I think we are just making history as we live our lives and that we all have free will. Each time we make a decision we are changing our future (but not creating multiple universes). I don’t believe that our future has already been decided for us. We can influence each others lives by the way we interact (or not), but we are not ‘destined’ to do things.

But of course that is just my personal opinion :content:

Who knows ?

What if it was our destiny to have free will? A paradox i think?

Just a thought.

ceavou, if it is our fate to have free will, then you are saying you BELIEVE in fate. If fate exists, how can we have free will? :wink:

i see what you are saying Zaerus

this is great for my no philosophy 100 class

So you are saying I’m helping you with your school classes? Cool! Is there any other way you can use this site to help with any of your other classes?

You think and you dont like the idea that you have no control over your life.(if fate exists)  It doesnt change anything unless you have seen it before and you have the choice to change it.

So by me chosing not to believe in free will doesn’t neccessarily mean it was fate that I thought so. You chose to believe in fate, and that means you have no control over your life(even though in reality you do)

Our fate might be CREATION.Point of living might be CREATION.What you do you create,what you think you create.Evaluation is creating and changing.
This way both points are true-there is a fate ,but on the same time we influence that.
You can also say that life is experiencing-actually same thing like creation.What if everything is allready known-lets elaborate-our destination is to become higher being,our fate is to die and become one.That leaves one answer-live is only for experiencing-cold,warm,high,low,ugly,beautifull,…so on so on.Even if you dont believe in afterlife and such-still only point in life would be experiencing/creating.
What for?Cuz if you loose your body there will be chance to feel anything what you dont allready know.If you never experienced pain and misery,your spirit will have no idea what it feels to be happy.More-it will never be able to feel happy.
just a point of view.

I felt like i said that, but it sounded really good Jack coming from your avatar. That is how i feel in the same persona, but more . It sounds strange that fate exist, but we all face it everyday. Its really hard to explain if you get into depth, but i like how it ended by saying, its just your point of view! and thats how we react, from what we have been through and what we have seen.

This has probably already been said, but… If there is such thing as fate and you don’t think there is and try to control it, then its you’re fate to do that, so theres really no way of escaping it. The thing I don’t like about these type of discussions is that no matter how much you talk about, you’ll never find the true answer. Maybe we’ll find out the answer right when the universe has finished expanding and then it will collapse again and we’ll start all over again.

I rest my case, its sounds about right to me, but my questions is? What gives you the same point of view? What intentions brought this to conclusion, because for myself its hard to say.