The BIG WILD Topic - Part X

Last night I got a chance to do WILD; I had gone to sleep at around 12:00, and woke up at 6:00. As I fell to sleep, I started counting, “I am dreaming 1, I am dreaming 2,” etc.

I had some HI but I don’t think I ever felt the vibrations. I think somewhere after “I am dreaming 160” I lost it and fell asleep. I don’t remember anything after that, except for the moment that I became lucid.

I was in the dream and suddenly realized, “Hey, I entered a dream without even knowing it.” I think something in the dream may have triggered this realization, but I don’t remember what. I lost lucidity pretty quickly.

Is this considered WILD? I was thinking no, since it seemed to be a DILD. Well, even if it wasn’t a WILD, at least I got lucid :cool:

Hey every1,

Last night i had my first successful WILD, i wasn't trying to when i first went to sleep but i ended up having one. I fell asleep at my cousins house, and then woke up at about 5:00.  Everyone was still awake so i hung out with them until they we all went back to sleep( now that i think about it,  this is a WBTB method, wake up 5-6 hours, stay awake a while, go back to sleep).  I wasn't thinking about having a WILD so i lost consciousness. I gained consciousness a little while later and i hear a real loud whistle type noise in my ears that wouldn't stop.  I don't panic, i just lay there.  After about 5 seconds my body starts to move around eventhough i am in SP, and i am thrown to the floor by some force.  I open my eyes and i am in a dream :grin: .

-=JaSoN=-

I wouldn’t say so, because it seems you were already dreaming normally before something triggered the lucidity, whereas WILD implies that you’re conscious during the entire process. Still, there’s a good chance all that counting and preparation for WILD was ultimately responsible for your LD, so it’s not like you failed. :smile:

when i had 4 or 3 years,i liked to try “sleep” with open eyes :smile:
i legt on the bed and thinked about some things.Then i fell a sleep after some time.

the question is:can i try WILD with open eyes??
well i can’t understand WILD…
the thing is:i relax,think aobut some things…and…and…i fal a sleep :content:
what i am doing wrong???

I have a question:
how is WILD related to trance? I’ve heard that in a trance your body also is relaxed and “asleep” while mind is still awake, and you don’t feel your body

drug induced?

A Q about WILD from me:

Last night I was WILDing again.I was getting deeper and deeper on my way to sleep, still bein conscious. Things going very well.

After half an hour I felt them: The Vibrations! I only felt them in my upper body, and after a efw seconds, I had no idea where my hands and arms were. I knew where they were lying, but The feeling in them was completely gone. My legs, lower body and head felt still normal.

Some sort of partial SP, I think. Some days ago I had this too, and could not get any further. Who has had this before, and what can you do to go further into SP? Any tips?

JJJ

I’ve been attempting WILD for about a month and ever night now when I’m just getting there I get sudden vivid hypnagogic images of people watching me intently, and its such a shock I’m instantly wide awake.
Is this normal?

Yes, I often find that seeing hypnagogic images/sounds kind of jolts me awake a little.

I think you should just keep on practising; you will get used to it!

Thanks guys, I’m glad to hear it’s not just me, I’ll keep at it. :smile:

yes! that happens to me so much! it happens with the soudns for me also! but they dont shock me as much. So some times, ill hear them, get back to realisty, but ill be that much closer to being able to hear them again. So i just concentrate on what the sound soudned like and go with it, next thing i know, im controling the sound! woo!

ARGH!!

i’m terrible at WILD. i try it every night when i’m going to sleep, and i have never been successful with it. i think i get the vibrations. when i get the vibrations, they aren’t rapid, they are kind of pulsating-like vibrations and it feels like my body is floating in the ocean on its back going up and down. every night i do it though, i get a little bit farther i feel. i think i’m making progress.

anybody have any advice?

AAAHHHHHH!!! pants heavily

Man i just scared myself silly. I was lying in bed and i decided I would try a WILD. Well ive been reading this post for sometime and everyone says it takes them like 5 to 10 minutes sometimes more to get vibrations and numbing. I dont know why but as soon as i concentrated my muscles got a quick shot of gentle electric feeling pulse and within 10 seconds it had grown to convulsing and stopped leaving me numb. Seeing as the only thing close to having a WILD I have had was opening my third eye this scared the **** out of me. I dont know why but it came way to easy and way to fast. Well anyway im somewhat proud that i got so far so fast on my first try.

Hi,
For does who don’t know me, i am Wouter from the Dutch forum. I started LD’ing in August, and in november it worked great for me to have LD’s (sometimes 3 in one night).
I try to have LD’s with WILD since december and have no LD’s, in fact it is now difficult for me to remember my dreams (it’s tooo cold in the bedroom to write my dreams when I wake up in the midle of the night :content: ).
But it will be better again, i know.

When i am trying WILD I still don’t understand how it is possible to be conscious and at the same time fall in sleep. I realy dont understand that part…

For WILD the vibrations should be very intense, like a major electric shock going through your body. As for scheduling REM sleep it happens roughly every 90 minutes getting closer together and longer as the night goes on. Also with the vibes they can get extremly intense and you rbody will lose all feeling. One way that helps me with WILD is after I begin to feel the vibees I concentrate more and more on my bodies feeling and when I have no feeling I simply roll out of bed and enter the Lucid world

I’ve heard some people say WILD can be very frightening, why is this?

It can be a terrifying experience mainly because of the vibration and the mysteries of unknown sensations that yet to be experienced. If you’re not that experienced with trance or meditating, then it might be a shock when you enter into a deep level for WILD. Also, many people have the fear of SP… I think that if you overcome that fear, then everything would be easy if you let it go by like a river. Go with the flow. :smile:

Good luck by the way!

Thanks.

I’ve had SP all my life, maybe once a week, although in the past two years it’s pretty much stopped. It can be scary at the time, but only because I felt like I was suffocating (it usually followed a dream where I was drowning). I never had the “Old Hag” part of SP, so I suppose I’m lucky.

BTW, how hard is WILD compared to other LDing techniques?

Yes WILD can be terrifying. The first time I did it and got the vibes I was literallly scared out of my mind. WILD can really vary in how hard it is as it depends on many things such as how easily you fall asleep.