dreams while drunk

I’ve noticed that not only are drunk dreams more vivid but very repetitive, the same theme over and over again.

I used to brew beer and sell it years ago (illegally) and at the time I had a hop vine growing in the garden so I had loads of hops and I got to really like the effect of hops and put more and more in the beer untill I was getting complaints that people would fall asleep before they could get drunk :tongue:

I love having drunk dreams, i think drinking actually helps my recall, otherwise its just stale.

The dreams to see more vivid, yet weird for me. I always have outrageous things ouccuring, but for some reason i never think twice that im dreaming. I guess your judgement is even killed in your dreams :sad:

O-well, its blast when they happen :content:

Just when I thought I was onto something…drink and have a LD with sleeping lighter etc. then I find out my logic and reasoning will be worse than ever! :bored:

Moogle, you don’t have to be blind drunk like Hubbs over there. :content:

Just a small amount will supposedly help, and hopefully won’t leave you blundering and careless.

To be honest I don’t drink very often unless it’s to become, well, thoroughly intoxicated… at which point remembering dreams falls short of my more immediate objectives (usually trying not to die during the night).

Maybe I’ll try it when I find myself with a couple of drinks left over. Out of interest, is it just the hops that cause this apparent boost of recall, or would other kinds of alcohol have the same effect? I don’t really enjoy beer unless there’s a serious lack of moderation.

:cool_laugh: I might start experimenting tonight…vodka, gin or pernod? :tongue:

editThe last date i know I had a few large vodkas was 22 Nov…I had a dream with no vision, just music and a dream where there was all gibberish in a book that I told myself was code. (23 Nov). :confused:

the weird thing is, the drunker i get, the more inense and vivid the dreams are.

Alcohol, or more specifically the REM 'rebound effect it brings on, has been responsible for most of my ld’s. Sometimes I think the ideal lifestyle for prolific lucid dreaming would be ‘drunken bum’ (plenty of REM, no work in the morning!)

HI everybody!
I remember a few dreams where I was drunk, though I didnt was drunk in RL. Whats the reason for that or what could this mean? It was very annoying and more worse than in RL, couldnt walk and see right and was totaly disoriantated.

lol omg my dreams go sooo trippy when i am drunk :happy: and my lucidity falls down quite a bit. not surprising

something like that happend to me, it was about a year ago and my friend got me so wasted lol it was funny, anyways, i wasnt sure if it was a dream or i was just to drunk to remember or i was to drunk i was thinking about it and it happend i dont know tho, but it was funny

i find my dream are alot more restless when im drunk. And my dreams disdurb me so i can never get back to sleep once i wake up in the middle of the night

Yeh I usually have my most vivid dreams when I fall asleep drunk.

And if I got drunk at a party, I usually dream that the party is still kicking on and on and on. And I’m usually feeling anxious about getting home or going to work or something.

Although I might have had one lucid drunken dream in the past, I would tend to think that these kind of dreams are pretty hard to turn into lucid dreams because they seem to flow on pretty smoothly from the memories of the night before.

I read in EWLD that it suppresses REM sleep, so that once it wears off, you’ll have a very intense REM period late in the night, about 6 or 7 hours into sleep, to make up for the lost time. This could help LDing I suppose, to make the dream more intense.

My friend tried drinking some of his dad’s brandy (but he didn’t get drunk, he just had a little), and it not only helped him get to sleep, but he also had his first lucid dream. He did wake up immediately after realizing he was dreaming, but that’s common with first-time LDers.

I personally can’t say anything about its effects, since I’ve never tried an alcoholic drink. I’m 14- I don’t want to try any significant amount, though after hearing its effects on my friend, I might want to try a little before I go to bed the night before a weekend (so I’ll have plenty of time to sleep).

woa! i also always dream of the party after i go drinking! its always teh party that i dream of, and my scenerio is that other things are happening or osmehitng such as that!

Godly minds think alike!

hehehehe yeah…
ive had some pretty weird and scary lds drunk…
whenever i get drunk… not too drunk i can hope for lds…

but they are not that clear and I become arrogant mmm… just dont think allot.

It will be interesting to read all the dream journal entries on Jan 1 to see if the dreams have been affected by the celebrations. :beer: :partying_face:

Oooops :content: I’ve been celebrating way to early, but i always have enough room for some more :grin: I have no idea what I’m in for tonight(New Years Eve :wink: ), but i think it will have some affect on my dreams, like it has lately. The late hours make it vivid also.

Im having good recall Moogle :ok:

Hm, five glasses of champagne and I hardly feel buzzed…

post merged into an older existing topic

Does drinking alcohol have an effect on dreams for you guys?

Whenever i go to sleep drunk, or even just after a few beers my dreams become very vivid turbulent sometimes confusing and overall very different.

does anybody else experience this as well ?

Interesting…the last time I got wasted and slept I had realllly vivid and realistic, linear dreams. Ones where something was weird enough to just require a simple reality check and I would have been lucid. I remembered it when I woke up and stuff.

I’m planning on it tonight, I’ll see how it goes…