Finally an LD!

I finally had an LD!!! It was either a week or two ago (I haven’t had any free time to visit here often, unfortunately), but I was staring at a strange wall, and then all of a sudden I realized I was dreaming, completely spontaneously. I hadn’t written in my Dream Journal in months and hadn’t really been giving much of an effort to LDing because of time restraints. But now with two weeks of Christmas vacation coming up, I’ll have all the time in the world to practice.

Unfortunately I was only lucid for a few seconds, because I was being woken up anyway, so I started to feel my “dream eyes” getting heavy and I could start to feel my bed in my body, and then my eyes finally closed. I opened them again, hoping to be in the dream, but alas, I opened my real eyes and the day had started.

My problem: this happened spontaneously, and I have no idea how I can “harnass” it to get more LDs. I wrote the dream down in point form, although it’s an extremely weird and nonsensical dream, and if that would help, I can post it.

Can anyone help me?

First of all, I’d like to congratulate you on your first LD :partying_face: . Its a big milestone for any aspiring lucid dreamer and may it be the first of many for you.

Well, Hobbes, it seems like your firsy LD happened simply because you’ve been intent on having one for awhile. You’re brain is starting to become more aware and thus, when you looked at the strange wall you instantly knew that you were dreaming. Since this was your first LD that was triggered spontaneously, there’s not much you can do. Just keep a journal and practice the techniques. If you do these things and be patient, more LD’s should follow.

Congratulations on your first LD, many more to come, I’m sure. You will probably have a lot more of them in your Christmas vacation. :happy:

Just make sure you don’t overdo it, don’t spend every waking minute on practicing LDing techniques, it will probably do more harm than good. (losing motivation and interest quickly etc.) Some enthusiasm is fine, but don’t get obsessed with it.
I’m not sure if that only applies to me :confused: and if not, I don’t know why I don’t tell it to all the newcomers. :wink:

There’s not much you can do to enhance your number of DILD’s, but just think of every unusual circumstance surrounding it (sleeping patterns, etc.) and try to find a pattern. Also look for dream signs, preferably something you see in real life and something that arouses some kind of emotion.

Thank you everyone, I spose I’ll just keep working on techniques.

Interestingly enough, though: I didn’t realize I had Lucid Dreamed until about 20 minutes later when I was in the shower. All of a sudden I thought “Hey… I had an LD this morning!!”.