Abortion. Your thoughts?

I know it happens in hospitals but i am wondering if the people that are anti abortion are also anti that and if the people pro abortion are pro that.

I am pro-life. I consider that life begins on fertilisation of the egg. So the use of the coil, minipill and morning after pill can all also be considered early abortions.
I realise that in certain cases early abortion might be necessary. But nowadays often it is more or less abortion on demand.
Quoting a woman’s right to choose is all very well; but what about the potential baby’s rights?

On the other hand euthanasia when done is in the person’s interests…they have poorly managed pain and it is only a matter of weeks or months at most until death. I see this in the way births are induced …you are just bringing forward their release from this life and entry into the next.

I do not agree with them, but I am pro-choice, and I do believe that women should have the coice. If someone is an adult, has their life together, is in a stable situation, and gets an abortion, it doesn’t seem as understandable than if a 13 year old is raped and gets one.
Before people take the risk of getting pregnant, they should decide where they stand and what they would do, and then go ahead with sex.
If you have no choice (rape) then you’ll just have to do what you think is right, give child up for adoption or get an abortion.

deleted

Atheist, that is the first thing you write that I do not agree with (I mean the whole post). If killing a potential human being is equal to killing an actual human being, then technically there are billions of people being killed as we speak. I’m talking about, among other things, sperm that goes to waste. Also, say you and your wife decide: “Let’s not have a baby, our life is hectical enough as it is.” There, you just killed your own son or daughter. Hah!

And if you really want to go into detail, there is an infinite amount of potential human beings being “killed”, simply because they are never born.

There, I said it. And I’m 100% sure you disagree with what I just said. :wink:

This is a tough issue to take a side on. I can’t say one way or the other because my family’s never had to deal with it on a personal level before.

Odd2k, I stated several times that I don’t personally consider it ‘murder’ UNLESS the fertilization process had already begun, at which point there is no question about whether or not the child will develop. You have created life, and the only thing that’s going to stop that fetus developing into a regular human being is an abortion (or an accident).

At that point, to claim that you aren’t murdering a person, you have to employ the delusional view of “If it doesn’t have an opinion about life, you aren’t taking anything away from it”, which is just wrong. I can’t believe I’m hearing such an opinion from members of this forum.

I think if u say abortion is always ok, that your wrong.
And if u say abortion is always not ok your also wrong!
Think for instance for medical risks during the pregnancy were also the mother could be killed.
circumstances and motivation can be so individual different here.
But iam against ppl that have an abortion that are just to lazy or greedy
to buy and use some good protection against pregnancy and think of an abortion like buying a coca cola.

Jeff

This is one issue I can’t really make up my mind on. It seems that everyone has a strong opinion on it, but I think bad things come from both.

I’m neither for or against it. What other people do is totally upto them i do not judge them. If they feel that abortion is the right thing to do for them then who am i to argue.

Since i don’t concider a featus that has not yet developed a brain, a life then i really have no problem with it, but once that time has come i think that people really should have a damn good reason to do so. It takes aprox 5months to reach that stage of development, so more than enough time.

But like i said whether someone else feels its the right thing to do is totally upto them and i would support anyone on any decition so long as they truely believed it was the right course of action.

hey,
i was thinking how bad you would feel if you were a doctor who performed the abortion… how does one get into such a field.
i guess it is like someone who works in a abotore(cant spell this word… so there)

Although i think that it is up to the person what they do… and although i dont think i could kill something. I know people who have had abortions and havent fealt the same since.

but i dont know how people could have a job like that killing things…or what if u were the person who was responisble for the lethal injection… they must have allot of hate or “the right kinda hate”

im pretty neutral about it should be their choice
plus there are alot of different situations
one thing i dont like to see is woman being forced to have abortions or not to which happens alot should be up to them

I agree Tracer an abortion should not be forced on someone!
Thats awfull!

Jeff

That’s very true, I agree with you and Jeff. That’d be AWFUL! I’d cry :crying: to death if they do that to me. :crying: Imagine that I have a first kid… but no… they have to do it on me. I don’t think I’ll go very well with that news. Let’s hope that the world isn’t that cruel. :sad:

I find abortion gruesome and ugly. I don’t think it should be done casually for such reasons as “I don’t want to have a baby”, or “I can’t afford it”, or “I’m in highschool”. It should be done only if the mother is in danger, and as soon as possible.

Ath, a fetus is not home free. There are many things that can kill it that point, disease, getting the umbilicle wrapped around its neck, malnutrition ect.

And I think theres a huge diff between taking away life, and denying the right to live. Someone alive will fear death, and they will feel death. They will have tasted life, and then have it taken away.

Abortion would just be like not watering a seed. A fetus doesnt have a mind or a soul, it doesnt know what life is, so it shouldn’t miss it. It doesn’t know anything, its just an empty shell at this point.

Now I’m not saying that denying the right to live is good, but I am saying its diffrent and not as bad as murder.

I don’t think murder is a good answer for a couple’s irresponsibility. I also don’t agree that it’s the woman’s choice when a man was involved. I think if the muder is performed that it should require the written consent of both parents.

Science says that two nanometers is the smallest dimension that can support life. If this is true the size of the Zygote or embryo is irrelevant. If an organism absorbs nutrients and grows than by definition it is life.

Taken from: nasa.gov

The 1st day of conception the zygote starts to split, grow, and absorb energy. It is alive.

For my college English thesis I was asked to write a paper on abortion. I studied many diffrent stories from that time. What I found has shocked and horrified me and I’ll never agree with abortion as an alternative.

I can’t imagine going to school for decades to murder babies. How do these people choose this profession?

One thing that I can’t forget is the stories I’ve heard and read of the babies fighting back. Their arms actually grab the instruments to stop them. In one case a parent was tramatized when the doctor said something like “quit wiggling you little bugger” :sad: and so she later sued.

Do you know how they get around babies fighting back. They break the limbs off first, first the two arms, and then the two legs. Then they insert the vacum to suck away the parts.

Some botch abortion babies live through this with missing limbs. :sad:

One lady was taken to a room after the procedure and found her baby’s parts in a bucket. She also sued for medical mishap because one of the medical workers put the remains in that room by mistake.

A girl from my old neigborhood had 6 abortions!!! her little sister had 2!!! I don’t have any ill feelings towards these people and I love them the same, but legal abortions will be abused for all the wrong reasons. If it must be legal it should at least have limits and restrictions. Abortions are passed around to any and everybody with no questions asked. It really shouldn’t be so easy when 1: it’s murder, and 2: it’s potentially deadly.

If you people are really interested in abortions read about how the procedures are performed. The opinions we share here are pointless until you get an idea of what’s actually being done.

:sad: Real impressive DreamAddict! :sad:

Jeff

Ouch, that’s a scary news. :sad: Thanks for the information. That is wow… eye-opener for me. Limbs cut off, etc. :sad:

It’s not always irresponsibility, many unwanted pregnancies involved protection failing, Rape etc. And what if it was concieved in rape? Do we ask the rapist whether he gives permission for the child to be aborted no matter what?

The problem with abortion is that no one will ever agree on when it is acceptible and when it is not. Rules and regulation are needed but there will always be people who think its murder and will not agree with it.

If this is the case then things like the ‘3day after pill’ is actually abortion not a form of contraception. But i’d be surprised if people started mobbing places about that.