Longtime dreamer having trouble becoming/staying lucid

:bored: Hi, I have been learning about and attempting to practice lucid dreaming for just over 8 months now, and I have yet to have a completely lucid dream ( not including my initial “begginners luck” lucid dream the first night I heard about it ) I have realized on several occasions that I am in a dream, but then my world falls away from me, it fades into gray, and then I wake up. I have tried several tactics to stay in the dream, such as spinning around and focusing on textures ( woodgrain , carpet, fabric , etc.) I am getting very frustrated and am willing to try anything. ANYTHING !!! :bored:

To become Lucid during sleep you have to become lucid during waking life. Take that as what it means for you, but I feel that I need to stop “sleepwalking” through daily life and realize things going on around me, the same way you do in a lucid dream. You can pretend that you are dreaming, and think, “What does it feel like right now?” observe your environment closely, examine things as throughoughly as possible, use your memory to remind yourself what had happened earlier in the day. My favorite practice is looking at an object and memorizing it, looking away and recontructing it in your mind or, if you prefer, on paper. Then, looking again to fill in spaces and holes in your memory. With these techniques you can become more lucid during waking life and likewise during sleep you will become more lucid.

kmcdonald…thanx for all that info i’ll use that :smile: ive been having trouble with LDs like Myrimidon has…
well anyways cya :cool: :content: