Just standing there in an LD

Have anyone ever tried just standing still in an LD? I mean, standing completely still, focussing on retaining lucidity and not waking up throughout the whole LD?

I think someone should try it. Sure, it would get a little boring, but at least you don’t risk waking up due to excitement or losing lucidity because something catches your attention. And it just might be a good way of practicing lucidity… :hmmm:

i’ll leave that to somebody like DM7 to do, because she has so many LD’s. it may sound selfish, but i have on average 2 LD’s a month, so i like to use them to perform the impossible!

but it would be an excellent practice i think! does anybody else want to give it a try?

i wasn’t consciously trying to stand still, but i had an LD once where i became lucid when i noticed that a leaf on a tree was glowing a faint yellow and getting brighter and brighter i went over to it and cupped it in my hand and just marvelled at it’s features. i could see the veins in the leaf and it was just getting brighter and brighter as the environment around me kept getting darker and darker. soon all i could see was the leaf.

then i realized that i might be waking up, but as i was concentrating on this leaf i kept feeling lighter and lighter, so i looked up and flew and was in a completely new environment, still lucid