I Found A Light And Sound Device For Lucid Dreaming

Hi there,

a few months ago, i was doing some research for light and sound devices,
and today i came across this device, well it is like sun glasses you of course put them on and thats connected to a control box and a wire then connects into your computer or cd player. Then you buy audio music that is specially created for this machine and it turns audio data into light as well as the sound comes through the stereo head phones included. Anyway, I read about it on its offical website and they say, behind your closed eyelids you will start to see all kinds of 3d colours and swirly patterns, but they don’t call this hypnogogic imagery. You know there is a technique, keep focus on the hypnogogic imagery and step in a lucid dream, well this glasses creates a lot of swirls, which again i think can be called hynogogic imagery as it should make stepping into a dream a lot easeier, like a conscious projection, even like an out of body experience.

but it is that kind of imagery isn’t it?

Also the devices use to cost anything from 300-500 us dollars and this one only cost 130 dollars and another model for 200 dollars and for the european 189 euros. and other model 290 euros.

I am thinking of buying it, because they say it can guide you into altered states, aswell as help for lucid dreaming and help for trance work, and many other things.
A few months back, i read on the astral voyages website about the guy who own that website, he wrote that he bought one and he found it was pretty cool, but i wrote to him and i don’t think he wrote back, he must be very busy.

I was hoping if any of you people, have used these devices.
I also sometimes use the brainwave generator, but i read something on the branwave generator site, they say that their software is compatabile with some light and sound devices. Also the brainwave generator has a flasher where your monitor can flash but your supposed to use combataible glasses. here are the websites www.audiostrobe.com and you can buy the glasses from both sites. The only problem is the audio cds are a bit pricey and small selection to choose from, but perhaps there is more to buy from another website. They have currently i think 20-30. They are priced bewtween 15-30 dollars i wish you could create your own and then share it on the website, just like brainwave generator, but this site says you can buy the software soon but it cost like 450 euros and then you can create your own but i think it is a lot harder than brainwave generator.

Just if they could create an all in one glasses, where you get a supernova dreamer and light and sound device in one that would be cool.

Any with this light and sound dveive you don’t sleep with it, it is supposed be an aid to deep meditation, for stress free living and relaxation.

If you could donwload the music off a file sharing program and then burn it on cd that would be so much better. I think this is a very good device
and if we all went ahead and bought one in bulk we could get it all cheaper and if we all bought at least 1 audio cd then we could make a cd rip on your pc and and then share a copy of the cd through a file sharing program. If at least 20 people did that, we could definetly get the glasses for a lot cheaper aswell, get a 19 free audio discs aswell from sharing with each other. I believe this kind of audio cd piracy should be aloud because these companys are making a lot of money, they over price their audio cds and make a real good profit.

Also the glasses and technology is firmware updatable you can connect your glasses to your pc and update the software with a firmware, which is basically a software patch , now thats worth the money because it can keep getting better.

Anyway does anoyne have any experice with this.

Yours honeyjigga

My buddy let me borrow his one time.
It did make me go lucid but the flash kept messing up my LD.
If you can get use to it it would work very well but it just messed it up for me.

Hi there,

Thanks for the reply, i would just like to ask
Your buddy that let you borrow his, what was the make
becasue the one i am talking about is made by www.syneticsystems.com
and it can be bought on the 2 websites that i menetioned above.

I am thinking of buying the slightly more expensive one, it is called, ‘The Protheus’ and the other one is called ‘The Orion’.
The Protheus has binural beat technology as well as you have the software
ready in the package to create your own light and sound tracks.

Anyway The Orion has pretty much the same things but with a smaller amount of each things, it has no binural beat and different colour glasses, and no software aswell as no uprgradebility, but apart from that it is pretty good, but as i say i will probably go for the more expensive the advanced one, The Protheus.

but i would like to know, is the one you borrowed, is it made by the same company or is it another kind.

Also what colour are the glasses that came with it, (like the orion is amber).

also after how long of using it did you have a lucid dream,

how long did the lucid dream last while the flashes were going on

and what kind of colours did you keep seeing

how tired were you before you used it,

was it for you a lucicd dream from being concious

what time of day was it

also you see the machines i have mentioned above have timers where they switch off, so i could set it for 30mins and then when i hit lucid perhaps by then all the colurs will be off and i would be able to start controlling without worrying about the lights like in your case.

anyway any reply would be of course great, thank you

Yours honeyjigga

I own an Orion. Bought it about four years ago. I’ve never thought of using it to induce LDs, but I’ll have to try that. You can adjust the brightness of the flash so it wouldn’t awaken you (I suppose).

The colors/patterns you experience are like hypnogogia, but I’m not sure that the state is equal to being in hypnogogia – something to ask an expert.

However, the devices are quite useful for sleep inducement, meditation, creative thinking. I’ve used my device with the audio only to help me concentrate at the office. Audiostrobe CDs add extra fun.

I’ve found particularly good prices at www.mindmachines.com.

Incidentally, from everything I’ve read, the “TruWhite” glasses are superior than the amber ones that come standard with the Orion, but you’ll have to shell out about $100 USD. (I’ve never tried the TruWhites myself, just reporting what I’ve read.)

I have the Proteus, about two weeks now, and its a great little machine. When I do have successful sessions, imagery is produced much like a dream state. One positive effect with the use of the machine is called whole brain synchronization. Scientific studies have now shown that using L/S regularly, stimulates neural pathways to be developed between the two hemispheres and the result from this cross talk is an increased level of consciousness.

I think the best use of this machine is for meditation, relaxing and entraining the brain to the frequencies to where your dreams are most likely to happen. This way you can train your conscious mine to be aware at the most important time (Dream Time).

I don’t remember my dreams if I don’t work at it, and I have not had a LD yet. But this is my fault, as I don’t follow through with my RC like I should. But I will tell you that every time I meditate to remember my dreams (30 minutes a day) I will remember 2 to 3 dreams a night. With the introduction of my proteus, my dreams are more vivid (or is it I remember them better) ?

So if you have the cash… go with the Proteus.

Spatman.

Hi SpatMan,

I just checked out www.mindmachines.com and you can buy from them
the premium white led glasses there an additional 59 dollars, are these the kind of glasses the above post is talking about. Also do you know anything about if they can be used in a way like the Nva Deamer. Becasue i was thinking this could be an all in one device, you could have a Supernova Dreamer and light and sound device in one. Just by using the Proteus. You see my idea is this, create a audio CD using the interegrated software and have music starting 6 hours into the tune in mp3 format after 6 hours of sleep the audio cd will play a tune like a bell once every 10 seconds and you then sleep with these glasses on. After 6 hours of sleep the bell would ring, and that would create a light flash and you would hopefully see it after some practise with meditation to get your mind to notice it. Then after lets say you set it to flash for 30mins once every ten seconds and then turn off for the rest then you can have a lucid dream. Then this would be just like having a Nova Dreamer but for half the price aswell as having a a light and sound machines isn’t that good.

Is that possible as you have got one can you test it please.

Also are the glasses quite sturdy can you sleep with them on, the thing is if this is possible, then we could ask the manfacturer to create glasses that are sturdy so you can sleep with them on.

Also can you connect it to any audio source

I heard the Orion can be connected to an audio source and it also has a built in microphone, you can go to a night club and get al the tunes turned into light data. But who would do that, i would certainly look like a dork weaering such a device in a disco. You don’t really need an Orion for that and it cannot be connected to a computer right.

but the Proteus can be connected to a computer, if you can connect it to an audio source i have heard it can take the beat of music and turn it into light frames but would it actually be as good as the audio strobed cds or not as good.

Becasue audio strobed cds are quite pricey.

Also the image you see all these patterns, can you actually after a whie jump into the picture and go from concious into a lucid dream or obe is that possible.

The strange thing is i think i am very sensitive to light when i shut my eyes during the day and night i can straight away see all kinds of patterns if i just loosely focus. Can we all do that or is does it take time with other people, after a whle i can imagine moving pictures and i see them and it is joyfull to watch and play with them.

Pleas ehelp and answer my questions, i have got the cash and i really want to get one but only for the reasons above so if i can have these answers told to me i can make sure i will not be wasting my money

thanks for any replys

yours honeyjigga

Well, the first problem I see trying to use it like the nova dreamer is the wires. Much to cumbersome, or practical to sleep all night with the device. Also, ether the nova dreamer or the proteus will not give you a LD. The nova dreamer only sends you cues while you are dreaming and the rest is up to you. Its like a short cut for beginners, by giving you a dream sign to look for, but you still have to train yourself by doing RC through out the day. Anytime when you see any kind of flashing light, bright light or any kind of light that caches your eye, you would perform a RC.

One thing about the mind, it can make cues from the nova dreamer or any device habitual when used often, and you would end up sleeping right through it, or remove the device not even knowing it. One thing you can do with it is wake after about 5 hours then back to bed with just the headset on and use the tones to help setup the mind state for a wild or mild just like the brainwave generator.

I have the color frames with red and green, it can produce 256 different color hues with the two colors. I have not tried the white frames, so I can not comment on them. You can connect the proteus to any audio device through the use of a patch cable. The BrainWave generator will produce audiostrob signals, but I have not had any luck with them.

Hope this helps… Spatman

Well, I’ve got that Orion machine as well. Nice gizmo to play with. I bought it few years ago but never had time to work with it seriously.
Anyway, it is true that it is possible to connect external audio source to it, but this machine also handles external AudioStrobe signal. I have tested it with BWGen, works like a charm.

If you cannot afford to buy Proteus but you need it badly, just buy Orion then and connect it to PC with BWGen. You’ll get infinite (well, almost :wink: ) number of programs just for the cost of running BWGen together with Orion.

There’s one more option if you are skilled in electronics or know somebody who is. AudioStrobe decoding circuit can be built just for the cost of few dollars (or euros, for that matter) and as a bonus you can choose the colors of LEDs to your liking :wink:

So the cheapest solution functionally equal to Proteus would be BWGen with home-built AudioStrobe decoding circuit. Big $$$ saved.

jtk

Hi SpatMan,

thanks for the replys, i have a question,

when you use the proteus does it have to always be connected to
the cd player, becasue i don’t understand what they mean by
the machine having sessions on it, i read that it comes with 50 preinstalled sessions and space to put 200 sessions onto it.

when they say session is this a light and sound session coming off the flash rom that is inside the machine, so does this mean i do not need an audiostrobe cd in there, infact all this will work off the machine, am i right?

and then if i want i can connect it to a cd player, to play audiostrobe cds,
or maybe i am getting this all wrong , are the sessions are they to be used with an audio strobe cd, so that means would you not get bored of using the machine quite soon, well after a few times of the same audio strobe cd,

wouldn’t you want to buy another audiostrobe cd or do the 50 sessions allow you to choose how to play the audio strobe cd?

Also someone told me that you can connect the proteus to a PC, but only for downloading new sessions onto the machine and there is a cord that connects it to the sound card so you can use your PC cd player to play an audio strobe cd.

Someone told me that it cannot be connected in a way that will allow you to be able to use it in real time with any software, like brainwave generator, or mind explorer, is this true?

Also do you get all the cables included for connecting it to the souncard as well as connecting so you can download new information into the machine?

Please help me

Thank you for any help

You are right, it can be used with out an audiostrob cd with nothing hooked up to it, just the light frames and headset. It also comes with a session editor so you can make your own sessions. You can also run it from the PC, but I would use the software mind explorer to make your own audiostobe cd or sessions with audiostrob to be run from the PC.

When you run sessions, you are using the pre made ones or user made ones stored in EPROM. There is no audiostrob incorporated into these sessions, and they are made up of binaural beat, dual binaural beat, and tone modulations along with light to entrain the mind to the frequencies you desire. AudioStrob is just music and lights used for meditation and mind altering states, and some may have binaural beats mixed into the session. When you want to do audiostrob sessions, they need to be ran from a cd player or the pc with the included patch cable, you can’t store them kind of sessions in the proteus.

Spatman.

Hi jtk,

you said you have the Orion, and it works like a charm with brainwave generator. The thing is you said if you are skilled in electronics you could make an audio strobe decoding circuit, the thing i don’t get is, i thought the orion can play audio strobe cd’s so why does a audio strobe decding cercuit is needed to be made. whats it for?

Also you said it works like a charm with brainwave generator, well other people have told me it does not work very well with it.

Also i called my local dealer and asked him about the orion, and the way it can play any kind of audio and turn it in a light show, well he said the light experience is not very good, he said it would work well with techno, but not any slow music like R&B or hip hop pretty much only techno.

He also said that it is basically a gimmick, that no one uses it and it was a waste of time having the function also the same goes for the microphone, and he said that is why no other machine on the market has a microphone and the option to take any music and turn it into a light show like the Orion.

He said you can take a mp3 song or a song from an audio disc, get the wav file then re-encode it in mindexplorer software, but he said it is quiuite technical and you have to learn how to use it, once re-encoded then you can play it on the proteus, thats the way its done on the proteus and other machines, but he said most people just use audio strobe discs.

but i do not want to buy a machine and then buy one after another of audio strobe cds, becasue they are so pricey each one.

Also jtk, i have read about another machine called theMindExplorer Audio Strobe Decoder, and another machine the Art Vision Audio Strobe Decoder. have anyone heard of these? i cannot find much information on them, the mindexplorer version has been made from the ground up to work with brainwave generator and mindexplorer software and audio strobe cds, i think it came out in 2002, the proteus came out in 2001 i am looking for something more updated like this year, do you know of any makes. anyway thanks for any help

but i may just go for the proteus but any information is highly appreciated.

Anyway. Hi SpatMan i have a question for you

I know this is a lot to ask, but can you please try conecting your proteus to the brainwave generator and then go into settings and put light flashes on for light and sound goggles, and please test to see if the proteus works with brainwave generator, you are my only hope, you see i do not want to waste all my money on this machine if the protes does not work with the generator, may you please test it and tell me if the light flashes were very strong and if you could have a fiddle with the software, i heard you can download the presets for free off their website, but not in the demo version.

If you can do that, that would be great. Thank you so much

Already tried it… did not work to well. The folks in the yahoo proteus forum says it works like a charm with mind explorer software well. Here is a link for ya…

https://groups.yahoo.com/group/MindMachine-Proteus/messages

Spatman.

Hi spatman,

that really strange where you said you did not have any luck using brainwave geberator, with the proteus.
becasue i am still deciding on what to get, i may just get the orion.
but i sent an email to the brainwave generator website, and they said that some people have said that the proteus works with the generator,
and then read here and there, and they say you must have the proteus in audio strobe mode, and that the stero patch cord, some times does not work, but when you try your own, it works, also it has something to do with the AUX jack on the proteus, have you tried any of this, when you say you have no luck
do you mean it has plugged in and that it works, you actually see the lights, but your saying you do not see them very well, or does it straight away does not work.

please be more specefic.

thanks

Well, I tried a few sessions that you can download from the brainwave generator site to see if it would work. I just got a steady light from the lightframes, so I just did not mess with it. The reason I stopped messing with it is because the proteus is far superior to the brainwave generator at making sessions. Also brainwave generator can’t match audiostrob signals to music like mind explorer can, so why use it at all to make sessions that can be produced far better with the proteus software, see my point?

If you want audiostrob CDs, use mind explorer. If you want binaural beats with lights then use the proteus software. The Brainwave generator is a nice program, specially if you have no other means to make sessions like that. People that want to have a go at binaural beats can plug a headset in and have at it.

Spatman.

Hi there, I am a little lost now,

Are you saying that you ran the brainwave generator on your computer
so you plugged the proteus into your computer and ran the software,
you can’t put the brainwave generator presets onto the proteus machine.

Also the thing about about the mind explorer, is that the software that comes with the proteus, i read something about that it is not a simple program to use, i read that there is a lot of work needed to get it to work, like a lot of reading it is basically very technical, more for professionals audio people.

Also i read that the orion mind machine cannot be used with binural beat programs, is that true?
some websites state a lot saying that it will not work, but i was thinking of buying the orion, and plugging the headphone into the headphone jack of my pc, and connecting the patchcord into the orion, from the audio jack of my pc, that way it should be able to process the binuaral beat, because i thought that the audiostrobe cds are binuaral beat, like the brainwave generator uses binuaral beat and audio strobe signals.

can you please help me understand

thanks

No, you can’t store nothing than proteus made sessions, that is my point with not using BW gen. I have made about 3 sessions on the ProtEd (proteus software) without reading a thing! And the mind explorer (third party software) never used it as I don’t do audiostrob.

Spatman.

hi if you don’t use mind explorer, then what is the point of having a light machine i thought audio strobe is for light signals, so the presets you make don’t have light signals.

Audiostrob is a technology that imbeds high frequency signals in music to drive the lightframes. You don’t need that for regular sessions when light is in syn with the binarual beats. Two different technologies!

Spatman

Here is a description of the two technologies used in the proteus…

AudioStrobe R - The AudioStrobe decoder circuit included in the Orion and Proteus detects a special, inaudible signal encoded on compact discs. This signal drives the LightFrames directly, allowing precise synchronization between the audio and the light show.

DuoColor TM and PolyColor TM - These patent-pending techniques are exclusive to the Proteus and other forthcoming products, and describe the simultaneous brightness and frequency control of more than one color at a time. Perhaps our most powerful technology and a great reason for choosing the Proteus.

Here is a link with a good discription of the proteus…

https://www.lifetools.com/light%20and%20sound%20devices/MindLabProteusletter.html

Hope this helps, Spatman.

Hi !

I have a Proteus sound and light machine, and am experimenting with using it help get my mind into suitable brainwave state for LD.

Does anyone have any experience with which of the Proteus sessions work best for LD’ing ?

I’d really appreciate any feedback or ideas you may have on this.

Thanks.