Saddam Hussein: Captured

:grin:

:lmao:

I think they’ve just captured one of Saddam’s many doubles. Already a few hours after they’d captured him, someone said it’s already confirmed by DNA analysis that this is the real Saddam. A DNA analysis takes a least a few days, sometimes even weeks. How did they do this so fast?? Strange…
Now if they’d find out that it’s really just a double, I don’t think they’ll admit this in public. This wouldn’t do any good to Bush his re-election chances.

I agree Mystic that this dna test is weird fast , possitive!
If it would be a double i wonder if they admit it indeed!

Jeff

I wonder if they want us to BELIEVE that they captured him? I agree with mystic and jeff that dna testing was indeed fast. I don’t know if I should believe the news or not. I have a hard time believing it lately. I don’t know why, but… I feel like, “Oh, we captured Saddam Hussein. Let’s get on with our lifes.” And then they chuckle in the background.

I’d appreciate it if they MAKE sure that it’s him, etc. You know what I’m saying?

it doesn’t really take that long to do DNA testing, only does normally is because there is a que. He would get top priority. They could have a complete test done by morning no problems. Whether they would tell us if it was him and not a double though… well who knows.

They kept the capture confidential until the DNA testing confirmed, just to make sure it wasn’t a double. They’ve got Saddam for sure, now we will see an internationally televised Nuremburg style trial, I’m sure the Iraqis will have much to say about this Hussein…

I would have to agree with goth. The only reason that DNA tests take so long is because there’s a lot of DNA tests needed in other crimes and if they think they have the real Suddam, thier going to give him #1 priority and put the best DNA annalysts on it. I don’t think the bush administration would have any advantage to lying about catching a suddam double. If they did catch a double they just wouldn’t tell the public. And since the DNA is telling them that it’s real, they told the public.

I wonder what’s going to happen in Iraq now. Do you suppose terrorism in Iraq will go up or down?

Saddam’s old buddies like Tariq Aziz have seen the guy, and claim it’s Saddam. So have members of the Iraqi Governing Council, who are familiar with Saddam–some not in the most comfortable circumstances.

Oh well, if it’s the wrong Saddam perhaps the real Saddam will make one of those neat tapes about it. If it’s the real Saddam, he can console himself by playing genocide with the rats and roaches in his prison cell. :wink:

Oh, I doubt he’ll be sent to prison long-term. Have you seen the list of offenses he’s being tried against? Yikes, that’s a dead-man-walking. :eek:

I generally don’t take an interest in political issues like this, but I’m somewhat relieved that (apart from the excessive coverage of the trial and sentence) this entire media-magnet incident in Iraq will probably soon disolve.

i dunno much about law, but isnt he gonna have to be tried and sentenced according to iraq’s rules? hes not a US citizen nor did they capture him in the US. i dunno im prolly sayin a lotta dumb stuff but i think they should just throw him to a mob of angry iraqies who have issues with him because he had their families executed or wut not that would be justice at its best.

This whole thing is stupid!

i mean what have they done to america???

they didnt wind any weapons did they???

how does america have the right to trial someone for things that have been done not even in there country??

the war was stupid… and didnt everyone come to that conclusion?
the whole american system and media is f***ing insane!

The aliens are probably laughing at us right now…

did you guys see the picture after they shaved him. He looks like he has aged a couple years in a short time since he had to go into hardcore hiding. I guess all the running and being scared as hell from us americans took quite a toll on him. needless to say I am not concerned with his health just thought Id point that out

looking very dirty and terrorist like indeed

A bad hair day will do that to a guy :tongue:

An interesting point, the same argument was made against putting Nazis on trial for the holocaust that took place in their own country. Occasionally, you get a dictator so bloody that he gets put on trial for crimes against all humanity.

I don’t think they will put Saddam in the usual international courts, however. The Iraqis who have been tortured by Saddam will want to have their own trial of the man, so we can see why they’re so upset with him.

Putting mass-murderers in prison is the most sane thing we do. :wink:

Here comes Saddam Claus! :cool_laugh:

:grin: I was thinking the same thing when I saw him with that beard.

They should send him to Guantanamo Bay, I’m sure Castro could give him a few tips on grooming.

You would be amazed how fast things can be done, as long as people pay enough for it… :smile:

though i must say i personally do not know much about dna analysing

Cause US is world police… sigh
I find it amazing how USA/Bush whine about weapons of mass destruction, when USA is the country that has the biggest and highest amount of weapons mass destructions weapons in the whole world…
Why is it ok for some countries to have this weapons?? I have yet to see USA care about the weapons israel have…

I still think Saddam is an VERY bad person, and should have had any power of a country…But however using the excuse about weapons of mass destruction to goto war is bullshit…