What do you think of this?

up until i was 9 /10ish i lived in a house (which i believe and still do that it was haunted, my mother is psychic and even she agreed that it was) anyways while i was there i had this recurring nightmare. I was always lucid during this dream but had no control over the ‘demon’ with in.

It usually would be me playing in the top garden (i called it this because the back garden, was a grassy area and flower beds that were aproximately on level with the second floor of the house) and i would suddenly get an awful feeling that i was being watched, usually from the dining room window. (in real life i also felt this was the most haunted area and would never look in that window from outside)

I would then start to turn around and there would be this figure that loomed over me. A shadow usually, which would become a solid black shadowy figure then start to form into this demon like monster, by this time i would try and close my eyes but find that i could still see. Not sure whether i was seeing through my eyelids or whether i just couldn’t close my eyes.

The figure would change into something that my child mind wouldn’t even let me assimilate and even now trying to recall it i see it blocked out. Like i wouldn’t be able to comprehend it if i did see it. It would then approach me and i would become very frightened even though it made no real threatening moves it was all mental and telepathic like signals. I would usually wake at this point.

Shortly after this my parents moved house and the dream never reoccured.

Now about 2yrs ago (i’m 22 now) i started writing a story where the lead character would go insane and become the bad guy for a while, to start this change over i decided to use a dream and since i could put it into strong emotions i use the above nightmare i myself once had. (i should point out that the character i used also came to me in a dream and in my dreams was brutal - i came to call him alex mason in real life and the story as well - he fit the insane character so well i wrote the story as this dream character) anyways i needed something fitting to make him seem insane and using the dream i had had and giving it him (which had been recurring for him as well) i decide to start the insanity curve that the monster would reveal it’s self to be him, a dark, evil, twisted version of himself.

Now as i was writing this i kind of blackout consciously i was aware of what my mind was telling me but not of the things around me and when i regained my normal senses i had written (almost like automatic writing) the same thing that flashed through my mind with scary images… “Of course i was you, i am you, you are me, we are the same mind and now i will consume you!”

(i wish my scanner worked so i could actually show you the paper i wrote on)

It was in my handwriting, i had deffinately wrote it and well the whole experience was frightning. To start with i really thought that i had drifted off into sleep and it was like a “flash back dream” due to the fact i was writing about it. But with what i had written right in front of me i had to accept it was some weird thing that happened to me. I have never heard of or experienced anything like it since.

What are your thoughts on it :eh: :cry: :eek:

PS: someone hold me

Thought on what? The story or the haunted stuff. If it was the haunted stuff my house is haunted. My friend was walking under a door in my house and out of no where a little painting fell from the roof. We’ve never seen it before that and now shadows move and dishes fall but mostly it’s pretty good ghost or maybe he’s a poltergiest. Makes me feel better because I know when something weird goes on I know it’s him. I named him after he started doing things names Jerome. Well just wanted to share. :content:

technically neither lol… the blackout with odd automatic writing bit as i was writing the story that’s wat i refering to.

Interesting story, Goth.

There’s no such thing as a useless opinion, so I’ll contribute my thoughts.

It seems to me that the reoccurring nightmare was perpetuated by your believe that your house was haunted. It’s not uncommon for people to ‘trap’ themselves (psychologically) in such a routine when they’re persistently fearful that they may be in danger. It’s only natural from an evolutionary perspective that your dreams will represent your apprehensive state of mind, or unsettledness. Moving away from the house perhaps helped to unlock this mental barrier, and with the fear, so went your reoccurring nightmare.

But this evil creation wasn’t entirely gone. Contained, perhaps, or reclusive… but still there, in your mind.

Years later you sought the powerful inspiration from the above experience to assist in writing your story. The words fell onto the page, channeled from the memories of your own demonic encounter, and like any effective writer, you temporarily adopted the mindset of your own character. Then you tormented him with an evil derivative (but far in excess) of the experience contained in those memories. You thought about how Alex would react to his own equal-though-tainted and evil equivalent, and you played it through in your mind.

Suddenly there were words on the page before you. I don’t know exactly what you meant by “conscious blackout”, or whether it could be associated with the distraction of deep thought, but it seems unlikely that you fell asleep (based on the fact that you apparently “dreamt”).

Is there anything more you can describe about the blackout? Were you unusually tired, or under the affects of anything? Did it last only long enough to write the sentence above?

Just a few ideas.

Whoa.

My mother tells me about her mother going into trances and writing weird things in different languages even.

I think whatever you wrote came from your ‘subconscious’ (ie. non-physical aspect that is you). Beyond that I have NO idea! Maybe you were ‘posessed’ for a moment.

All I can say is I’ve heard quite enough experiences that suggest to me these things cannot be explained rationally. I mean I’ve had things happen to me lately… (will start a thread on it soon)

Hm could be interesting to summon whatever this creature is in a lucid dream. Would take some guts though!

the blackout was as best i can describe, like entering a sudden inexplicable Sleep Walk. I say sleep walk as it’s just that you are doing something but have no concious memory of it.

I didn’t think at the time to get some sort of time reference, but i don’t think it was more than 5minutes.

as for things that might have contributed to it, nothing out of the norm. I wasn’t tired i felt more energised than normal which is interesting to note i guess. I wasn’t consuming alcohol - i don’t do any type of drugs.

As for your explination of what may have lead to it… good enough for me lol. Science good. An answer is bet than none.

Insane Goth it all has signs of a medium trance…the way u descibed your writing…mm yeah trance dont always have to be fun.
I advice in your case to let it be!

Jeff

Someone correct me if im wrong but I believe Steven King does stuff like that when writing his books.

my name isn’t Stephen King if you wondering lol it’s Richard Bachman. :wink:

interesting though? Maybe when a writer goes deep into the psychi of his/her character they trance like that? It can be very hypnotic when you get a good storyline just flowing out.

Sounds similar to what Richard Linklater talks about towards the end of ‘Waking Life’. He mentions that Phillip K. Dick ‘channeled’ a book and had some strange stuff happen afterwards. (does anyone know if this is true by the way? I guess a quick google search would give me the answer lol)

Insane-Goth it often happens to me when iam writing a story i get in a sort of zen meditation stage. A sort of emptyness of mind, so yeah i think its common with writers or artists to ehm get really sucked into there art lol while expressing it :smile:

Jeff