What good is an LD if you can barely remember it?

I was farily certain I was lucid, but it started lasting so long (my longest) and seemed so real, that I almost forgot that I was dreaming. It’s like it turns into a dream about what it would be like to be lucid. But I would have sworn in the beginning of it that I was fully lucid…I did many RC’s along the way, but when I finally awoke, most of the dream vanished from my waking memory.

It was the best LD I had so far, but it is so fleeting.

My favorite part by the way was having a DC/dream scout type girl take me to the lucid lab where the doctor had on this special shimmering suit that allowed him to be in my dream. It was like I was part of his experiment. Too cool.

I’ve had about 8 of these LD’s this month. I’m starting to think that I LD alot more often than I thought, I just can’t remember them. I guess we should both crack down on our dream journals and work on our dream recall.

Even if you can’t remember some LDs, they still have a positive effect: your subconsciousness becomes more and more adapted to this “new” state of mind, no matter if you can recall it or not. The more it becomes adapted, the easier it will be to reach lucidity.
But yeah it can be quite frustrating if you can’t remember a LD, especially if it’s a good one. But as austizmo already mentioned, there’s only one solution: keep working on your dream recall, stay motivated and practice, practice, practice…
Good luck! :smile:

I find that recall correlates directly with lucidity. For example, I have nights where I can remember a moment of brief lucidity while the dreams before and after this period are forgotten.

It sounds to me like you start off highly lucid but kind of ‘forget’ you are lucid as the dream goes on (a gradual loss of lucidity and therefore recall). I’ve also had this happen and it is very frustrating indeed: it is nice to be able to remember from the point you became lucid right up until you wake up. But to do that you have to make sure you don’t slip back into low lucid/regular dreaming.

I guess I see lucidity as like a light switch: not an ‘on/off’ type switch but one of those more expsneive ‘dimmer’ switches. So its importrant to make sure the light doesnt gradually go out without you noticing.

Perhaps thinking to yourself in between all your daily reality checks, that
you do know that YOU ARE DREAMING RIGHT NOW and that your
LOVE IS an expression of your BEING AWARE
and that you will REMEMBER this when you wake up AGAIN.

The colors…the sizes… :bored:

The reply… the emoticon. :cry:

Seriously… who cares? Oh… you do… sorry, perhaps I should change it for you. :roll:

You are dreaming right now.
Love is being aware.
Remember again.

I liked the colours/sizes. Reminds me of a book I read called Speedology by Timothy ‘Speed’ Levitch. He’d constantly switch font sizes to emphasise points and stuff.

I got disoriented :shy:

How many people did a reality check when they say that text?

GhostotN… that was the idea. :wink:

yaeh, we shuold alwyas be taknig raeilty chceks.