LD or not?

About a week ago i woke up and could almost not move. My bedlight didn’t work and suddenly i saw a black shape with two eyes besides my bed. So i thought i must be having HI,because i had been reading about it the day before. Then i remembered that SP goes away faster i you relax. So i just relaxed and fell forward and then i awoke for real.
Could this have been an LD, or maybe it was just my subconsious mind teasing me.

you said your bedlight didn’t work, but how do you know it didn’t work? if you were in sleep paralysis how could you have attempted to turn it on?

other than that, it sounds like an LD or the beginnings of an OBE depending on which school of thought you subscribe to

I could move my arm just enough to try the light, but the first seconds of the dream are a bit fuzzy

I think that I’ve had similiar experiences when I was younger. I never saw anything but on a few occasions I felt like I was half awake and half asleep and something made me feel scared enough to want to wake up. This proved to be very hard as my whole body would feel like the heaviest thing ever and if I tried to call out “wake me up” (my mum said she heard me once) I would feel like it was the most tremendous effort to make a sound. I would try to lift my arm to bang it against the wall but it would feel like it was glued to the bed. Did you experience this heaviness? I had no concept of lucid dreaming then so I used to just say that I was half awake and half asleep. I think though that I was experiencing sleep paralysis and my being conscious of the feeling of paralysis made me want to wake up. I say now that by thinking to myself to try and open my eyes, call out “wake me up”, or banging my arm against the wall means that I was aware that I was asleep. I describe this as a very slight lucid dream as I wasn’t intending to control my dreams.

From what you said this is not a LD, because you were not aware that you were dreaming

I suppose it wasn’t really an LD. But i was aware and could do what i wanted, it wasn’t just like a normal where i had to go with the flow. But i didn’t know i was dreaming, so technically it wasn’t an LD.

And DJ Lucid, yes i felt very heavy. And i have had them before and i always got scared because i always felt the presence of something evil. But not any more :smile: because now i know what’s happening.