Does your mood effect what kind of dream you have?

Does the way your feeling effect the way your dreams are?

Over last few days i have been pretty depressed :bored: and have been having some strange, dark depressing dreams lately, is this because or my feelings in walking life?

Also can these feeling effect chances of becoming lucid?

I was pretty down a while back. Both my parents died just over a year before this which didn’t help. I became lucid in a dream and this is what happened.

Extract from my dream diary May 04 1995.

Dream has commenced.

I was feeling depressed and rushed out out of the house into the backyard. Fully aware the I was dreaming and feeling miserable I tried to call on all my dream monsters to come and kill me. Dreamacide perhaps? I yelled to them to show themselves and come and chew me to pieces, slash me up, bite me to death and slaughter me. Was I depressed or what? I tried to imagine them coming for me but as hard as I tried they would not appear.

Feeling disappointed that I couldn’t even commit dreamacide, I wander into the house again. About this time both my parents (deceased) dropped in for a 5 minute visit. I was greatly impressed by how well dad looked. Younger than I remember him he had a lot of vitality, a pleasant smile and a look of intelligence that I’ve never seen before. He and mum were getting along very well together, not something that happened much IRL. We talked some small talk for a while and before the dream began to fade I said they would have to visit more often and wished them both the best. I was starting to lose lucidity and just had enough time to say goodbye before waking up. I felt cheered up by their visit.

–End diary entry–

Being the skeptic that I am I’m still not sure if this really was a visit from beyond or just DC’s acting the part. In any case the result was the same and I felt cheered up by the dream.

Hope this helps.

cant see why not

yes, mood contributes to what your dreams are like. but thats one of a great many things that affect your dreams

I believe my DC’s are affected by my emotions, and the DC’s of course influence the dream.

The mood im in plays a big role in my draming process. Over certain periods of time i get a build up of emotion, through over analyzing things and getting into conflicts with my ego. So ill be full of angst and i cant remember anything from my dreams and i dont ld, since while im going to bed im thinking about all kinds of worthless crap that pisses me off and i cant get to sleep and im all agitated and just full of eh. But to fix this problem of build of emotion i weep, which is good because when im done im refreshed and i can think clearly or not think at all and just relax. So yeah do more random crying, it refreshes your mind. I dream better with a clear head.

yes definitely. My main emotion in RL is anxiety so a lot of my dreams are filled with things like being late to work, loosing, forgetting things, worrying, making mistakes in front of people, getting lost etc. :no: Fortunately they’re not all like that and I’m always much more confident in dreams :smile: