FINALLY! But... I have a question.

Well, I finally had my first LD that lasted long enough for me to do anything, and boy did it last awhile. Long enough that I got bored of flying. I was in Gym class (on christmas break? meh), and couldn’t find my locker, because all the lockers were screwed up and moved, and didn’t have my number on them anyway. Then, there was some little girl sitting at a table coulouring with crayons. My suddenly terrible dream logic left me, and I was sure I was dreaming. I did one RC; I forget who I heard it from but it’s the one where you plug your nose and breathe through it. Worked like a charm, because I was breahting through it normally. I ran and flew around the lockeroom but eventually got bored of that.

However, there’s something really weird that happened: the dream would fade, and I would wake up… in the lockeroom. I’ve heard of false awakenings, except this was -really- weird, because I believed I was on a roll for LDing. So, what did I do? I went back to sleep. In an instant almost, and I was lucid. I took off and took a few passes around the room to make sure (trying to fly became my new RC), and I would go about my lucid business, then wake up, and try it again.

My question: was I actually LDing, or was I having an ND that I was in an LD? >.<

Heh its impossible to get bored of flying. You got bored of flying in the locker room :wink:

If you get time feel free to post the rest of the dream. Hard to ascertain just how lucid you were from what I’ve read. But either way, congratulations!

I believe you were actually Lucid. What probably happened was a series of FA s in which you dreamed of awakiening. I also agree with Lebowsk1 that it is utterly impossible to get bored of flying. ALso just ot of curiosity, why didn’t you leave the locker room? Good Luck

I did eventually leave the lockeroom, although not for long. I flew through a window and then tried to fly up through the sky as someone had told me to do, but for some reason ended up over this chain of snowy mountains, which was absolutely beautiful.

Unfortunately, when I recorded the dream, I didn’t record every part, mostly because it was fogged with many of those FAs, as you said. I just wrote down some of the main activities, not in order, and I wasn’t as thorough as I should have been.

I looked around a little more, and I think I might have had an FLD, but it still felt like an LD. Either way, I’m proud of myself.

Strangely enough, this happened spontaneously once again. My last and first LD other than this one, lasted only a few seconds. It was spontaneous and I hadn’t been working on LDing hardly at all.
Either way, this just fuels the fire. I’m going to try to do WILD and WBTB tonight.

Oh, and Merry Christmas everyone :smile:.

ALso remember with WILD to nor think about trying to get to sleep but about staying in sleep. This keeps you from just lying in your bed for hours with no success

Staying in sleep? I don’t understand, sorry.

Basically what I am getting at is that alot of Lucid dreamers think of WILD as a method to get back to sleep. Try not to think of it that way or you’ll never get to sleep.

Okay, thanks. :smile:

congratulations hobbes, you’ve certainly earned a good LD with all the effort you’ve been putting in. guess it’s an early christmas present.

Heh, for the effort I put it into it (read: almost none) I think I did get a pretty good deal. Thanks, and hey! It’s past midnight here, so it’s officially the 25th!

Merry Christmas, everyone!

merry christmas