Santa DOES EXIST!!!

I’m unfamilar with this idea, please explain it.

Well currently, besides cloning, there is no technology to create a being. If sutch a device did exist, it certianly wouldn’t be used to created a fat santa, and santa would be more designed for his job, i.e, warping spacetime himself. Sureley the “warping” gene could easly be implemented into him.

As far as I know, cloning isn’t done while going at the speed of light.

Well, if those reindeers are able to warp the 3D spacetime around them, then they’re in fact curving up the spacetime structure infinitely. It’s like when a heavy star collapses: due to the enormous concentration of mass in one point, space and time are curved up infinitely in an infinitely small area, thus creating fluctuations in the spacetime structure which steadily become bigger until a crack in the spacetime structure appears, which then results in a black hole.

I though black holes were a result of gravitational forces (warp fields maybe). What if it were possible to normalize the gravitational balance afterwards. By using oposing gravitational forces.

But what about having this idea. Santa gets into a box, which is in another elongated box. (to the left far side) Now if the outer box accelerates at 650 m.p.h in a left direction (for an acceleartion duration of 0.001 seconds) then the inner box has to accelerate 650 m.p.h to the right direction for 0.001 seconds. Thus santa would feel no force what so ever (exept mabye as he goes upwards not so fast). He wouldn’t be limited to 650 m.p.h. If he managed to get a plentiful power source, he could go as fast as he wants, until air resistances cooked him inside his boxes (in which you would have liquid nitorgen in between them to prevent this.)

huh? i think thats only if theres no friction in between the boxes and the inner box moving to the “right” at that speed would be in relation to the box thats moving left so hed really just be sitting still with a box sliding past him really fast. in order for him to have any motion thered have to be friction between the boxes but such a contraption would be seen by all and santas secret would be out and hed have to quit his job because hed be nagged by every1 for free stuff.

Black holes are indeed the result of a gravitational collapse caused by the collapse of the heavy star, concentrating its mass in one single point. The gravitational ripples become so extreme when one approaches the black hole, and at the exact center they’re even infinitely strong. How would you be able to balance an infinitely strong gravitational field?

Well you are sure not to cause sutch a strong graviational field that it causes an infantley strong balck hole. Don’t compress to mutch space at once, so you don’t cause huge ripples in spacetime.

What says gravity works in sutch a way. Could gravity be the result of a spinning body and magnetic fields? If so, I can’t think how that would work, however, most of our scientific tests are done on earth, maybe forces behave differently without spinning magnetic fields in their presents, its simply not been tested on anought.

Anyway, santa DOES EXIST, and that’s that!

mystic wrote:

insane goth wrote: Mark:
What if I were to tell you that according to a man who lived on our planet, named Einstein, that nothing can travel faster than the speed of light?

Prot:
I would say that you misread Einstein, Dr. Powell. May I call you Mark? You see Mark, what Einstein actually said was that nothing can accelerate to the speed of light because its mass would become infinite. Einstein said nothing about entities already traveling at the speed of light or faster.

right you are insane goth now my chance to explain fully
according to E=mc2 (the big daddy of all formulas) energy and mass are related they can change into eachother eg if you had two pendulums on a stand they were both identical in every way size weight whatever exept for one was swinging the one that was swinging would weigh slightly more than the stationary one because of the kinetic energy in the swinging and energy being slightly mass so energy has weight so when things go nearer the speed of light they gain more weight and if something was going the speed of light it would have infinite density and would need infinite energy to keep it going mystic said about the raindeers makin black holes well sort of becos they go faster they gain weight and they gravitate more but not enough to make black holes if they did they would be sucked in on themselves thus ripping a hole in the time space continuum making a singularity and anything hittin that singularity would be totally obliterated

sorry for being so sciency but when i saw mystics post i just couldn’t help competing with her you see i’m a very competetive person especially when it comes to showing off your knowledge

Yes well if you really want to do some nitpicking, you also had to take into account the other relativistic effects due to the high speeds:

• the mass of an object increases with increasing speed and becomes infinitely high at the speed of light.
  • the length contraction of an object travelling at high speeds.

Thén we may ask ourselves: will Santa die from instant vaporization, extreme obesity or inverse spaghettification? Can you work this out as well in your calculations? :tongue:

he will get vaporized before there is time to do anything else like boil the kettle or watch grass grow

Are you sure? The vaporization happens after 0.00426 seconds, so there’s still a small amount of time that he travels at those high speeds. Why then do you conclude that he isn’t dead already (by extreme obesity or inverse spaghettification) before he gets vaporized?
Gimme some proof if you can :tongue:

he will only be heavier by a few grams becos ALOT of energy is only tiny matter and the inverse spagetification will be only by a few cm becos he isn’t going that fast, well not compared to the speed of light but the grass on the other hand won’t like the intense heat and it wil bail out causing super-heated nitrogen gas to be released from its butt so the grass will not have time to grow but the kettle will be so deformed it will have a fire in the hole and get extreme gangreen from below zero temperatures but it wiill use too much power causing the antibacterial cleaner finally to get its hotdogs to the moon thus causing pluto to have an apoletic fit

That sounds reasonable to me…

You mean relitive to earth right?

But doesn’t this black hole idea go back to warping space. Warping is moving space, which is completely different to moving an object within space. Sanata could be traveling at 2 m.p.h, that is within the space. The space around him could travel at infinte speeds, and he wouldn’t gain mass (exept for the mass he gets at going at 2 m.p.h), and time wouldn’t slow down reletive to earth.

Back to the object going through space. So what! He has 0.000006079259168951301381646422 less time. I’m sure he can leave 0.000006079259168951301381646422 earlier to make sure he gets the whole job done.

May I also point out that we (at the moment) haven’t create technology that moves an object at the speed of light through space. So his best bet is to go with warp technology (that we… also haven’t created :bored: I would like to refere back to rudulf though, and his warp producing nose)

So thus, I conclude, SANTA DOES EXIST.

since ur all lik physic geniuses and i never studied could you then explain the gyroscope, because u said the faster sumin moves the more mass it gets but gyroscopes seem to be the opposite of that effect cus they r stationary in space pretty much but they have a revolving piece that moves really fast that decreases their mass. i remember seein on a show 1 time a guy had lik a 100 pound gyroscope on the end of a pole and when it was turned on he could lift it up and moving it around through the air with ease with his arm straight. pretty cool stuff i wonder if those things have a place in our future technology.

Gyroscopes don’t reduce its mass, but due to their speed they show signs such as precession (the slow wobbling of spinning objects, such as when you spin a toy top) and because of their speeds, an angular momentum and a torque appear. The torque is directed according to the axis of rotation and goes upwards, thus creating the illusion that the mass has reduced: mass never decreases or increases; only the weight changes due to the torque which is opposite to the gravity force, thus reducing the total effect of gravity on the gyroscope.
If for some reason the direction of the torque goes downwards along the axis of rotation then the gyroscope’s mass seem to increase. But I don’t think this is physically possible, to direct the torque downwards… The torque and angular momentum increase ofcourse with increasing speed of the gyroscope, and they both vanish when speed is zero.

Someone on another forum asked what we thought when we found out santa didn’t exsist. and after thinking about it this was my reply.

Hope it gives you all something to think about :content:

Merry Christmas all

Yes I agree. I did have a sarcastic comment, however it’s christmas so I’ll save it.

Mystic just out of curiosity is there a book or site that has the whole proof thing in it.

There are many sites about this :smile:

For instance: progress.demon.co.uk/Fun/Santa.html

While searching for a link, I came across a good explanation of this proof:

I think this says it all :tongue: