Is it impossible to LD for some ppl...? (NT)

Hell everyone!

Ive been a lurker on the site for quite sometime now, but just decided to start posting. So hello to everyone, and happy holidays! :smile:

My question… Is it possible for some people to just not be capable of Lucid Dreaming?

I have been trying various methods, for a few years now on and off, and have nothing to show for it then a few brief isolated flashes of LD’s.

So is it impossible to LD for some people? Any suggestions or ideas anyone has to help me LD would be greatly appreciated, as I am getting very very frustrated!!! :help:

If you’ve had flashes, you have the ability. Perhaps you’re trying too hard? Can’t say for sure, everyone is different. I’ve been the same way you are, and I just had my first LD a few weeks ago. Worth the wait! :smile:

Edit - Oh, and Merry Xmas. :biggrin:

No as far as the research goes it does not appear to be impossible. The reason for this is that since we all dream there is no reason why we wouldn’t be able to be aware that were dreaming. As for tips I would say try to use reality checks and do MILD as you fall asleep. ALso be sure to really mean your intent as you fall asleep. WHat do you mean by LD flashes?

LD flashes…

It’s almost like during a dream, for what seems like a few secounds, I realize that I am dreaming, but can’t control it, or sustain the fact that I am dreaming.

Sounds confusing… i know. :confused:

When you get Lucid do you become very excited? If you are becomeing very excited that is causing you to lose Lucidity and wake up. I had the lucidity flash problem and to overcome this I would, resolve to stop what I was doing , calm down and stabalize my dream the second I became lucid. If this failed I would use the spinning technique. If the spinning technique fails you’re pretty much out of luck but it is a good time to try WILD.

I guess it can’t be proven that everyone is capable of LD’s, but it is encouraging to see people who have trouble with LD’s eventually get them.

Indeed, it does. I have heard of people who take a year or more of hard work but then eventuakly get it.

swadey: I’m working on Lucid Dreaming too, and I know what you mean by Lucid Flashes. I’ve had one Lucid Dream ever, and a few Lucid Flashes. You sort of begin to realise, but then you just stop and continue with the dream. You feel pretty annoyed in the morning, when you think about how close you got.

Thats exactly it…

Last night, I realized i was dreaming… but for some reason i couldnt hold onto it, and control it. I just went with the flow… and soon forgot it was a dream. Very, very frustrating… but i think im getting close!! :smile:

Yeah, I cant LD worth crap. WHY is below:

1. MILD is unreliable and I cant keep my mind focused either way.
  2. DILD is luck, since my mind wont process RCs (no matter how well I do them, or how many times I do them a day)
  3. I suck at WBTB, I always wake up, think “screw this,” and go to sleep.
  4. WILD is nearly impossible without WBTB, which prevents me from getting better.

Solution: I lose.

I have only been able to get LDs with DILD and WILD. Would doing WILD after waking up from a dream count as WBTB? Because it worked really well for me.

I’ve had more stable dreams, but now I am getting this type of brief LD.
It’s just a phase I’m sure…

Mimix you should try WILD in the late afternoon. If you have the time. This is when I had my first LD by doing a WILD. If you just ate lunch you might be tired enough.

uhm…i eat lunch when i wake up because i get up at like 1:00 PM…I just suck.

Swadey99 we all got different talents for lucid dreaming!
The average ppl will share aprox 70 % , you have some very talented and some very low talented also.

So yes it would be quite possible that now and then when u take enough numbers of ppl there will be some (or someone) that aint able to get lds no matter what. Like the opposite are those who gave lucidity as a gift to themselves without getting all the knowledge about lds from others, from books or forums etc to get there first ld. Even without practising for lds they get lds anyway.
Those are the very talented that easy get lds also.

Jeff