Did my mother have a LD?

I have a few people I know that have described their dreams to be, and they sound just like LD’s, but they don’t know it.

My mother, I think, was one. Her mother (my grandma) was hit by a drunk driver one day crossing the street. My parents were out all day, and never knew. When they got home at night, her mother was still not home. They finally called the Police and found out, but by then it was too late.

That night, my mother (or whenever she went to sleep), said that her mother visited her in her room. They had a long talk, and before she awoke, she said, “Natalie, I have a terrible headache.” It was quite real, to have my mother describe it.

Most likely, my mother couldn’t sleep, and only thought about one thing. She could have induced a LD. I used to shrug it off as a simple dream, but the more I study about them, the more it makes sense.

this doesn’t sound to me like an LD b/c your mother wasn’t aware that she was dreaming. She had a real vivid dream where her mother visited -

but no LD - unless she was aware that the whole thing was a dream while she was talking to her mother.

The sounds more like a Near-Death-Experience or NDE. This can happen to people when they have potentially fatal tramaus. It definantly wasn’t a Lucid dream from what I heard because you’re mother wasn’t aware that she was dreaming.

Good point.

I was extremely stoned when I wrote that last night. Now when I re-read it, I was phrasing the question wrong.