WBTB all night?

Last night I had to sleep in the same room as my sister and she kept chewing in her sleep, grinding her teeth making a crunching noise that woke me up many times during the night. Thanks to this, I remembered about 5 very vivid dreams.
My question:
Is it unhealthy to wake and fall back asleep over and over during the whole night? I’m wondering if I shuold set my computer to disturb my sleep every hour or so to increase my dream recall.

It could be unhealthy over a longterm period because the main purpose of sleep is to dream so if you are constantly using the WBTB method then you don’t get to dream and this could harm you. As for an occasional night or two this shouldn’t be unhealthy

I’ve been waking up 2 to 4 times every night for over a year. It’s great for recall, and doesn’t seem to be detromental to the night’s rest. True, if you don’t dream, you don’t get the full benefit of sleep, but you don’t have to sacrifice dreaming. I usually only wake up for a couple of minues (just to write anything down that I remember), then I’m back asleep moments later. If I wake from a dream, and don’t spend more than a few minutes awake, then I’ll likely enter directly back into a dream. Just try it once a week if you’re unsure, and notice how much better you remember dreams that night.

Anyway, people always wake up after each REM cycle - we just never remember this in the morning.

good point atheist. forgot about those little awakenings