My [REALLY!] annoying frustration. . .

Hi to all members. just a little side note: this is my first post, but i have been studying lucid dreaming for a good year or two. . .

anyway, what is annoying me at the moment [this is only a recent thing that has been happening in the last 2 months, and im sure it happens to all of us LDers at some stage] is that i have dreams that basically give me NO chance whatsoever to become conscious in my dream. once i know im dreaming, i’m already awake. any specific ideas for this problem?
also i need help with the wake back to bed method. . .
i live in a house with other people, so therfore i cannot set my alarm clock to go off at 6.00 in the morning, so i can get up and read about LDing. i REALLY want to try this method, because of the succes ive heard about using it. ive tried drinking glass after glass of water, but it doesnt wake me up. any suggestions?

Thanks.

First of all welcome to the forum brad345. When you relize you’re dreaming is when you wake up or just a couple seconds before awakening?

well, to put in plain english, once i wake up and remember the dream, i say to myself, “why didnt i relaise it was dream, it was so obvious i was dreaming” the dream just seems to fly by.

The dream to me seems like just a memory, nothing else, not an experience, just a memory.

Thanks

It seems like you are simply missing dreamsigns. The reson for this is that during sleep our critical thinking goes somewhat asleepand so we miss dreamsigns. This is were techniques like RC’s and MILD come in handy.

JUst keep working and this stage will weaken

You could try using one of this watches with vibartion alarm, or use a phone with vibration. If it is not enough to wake you up, you can maybe recognize it during the dream

Yes its worth trying or buy a watch with a quiter alarm tghat will awaken only you.

lucidity master - that makes allot of sense to me, thanks for the advice. about RC’s i dont use them, ive tried, but i either cant remember to do them or im just not in the right place or time etc…

thomas - thats a great idea. i wear my watch in bed, but it doesnt have anysort of vibration alarm on it?. do watches really have a vibration alarm on them??? i could look into purchasing a cheap one.

when using the WBTB method, i was considering buying Stephen laberge and reignholds book, Exploring the world of Lucid Dreaming, for reading when i wake myself up, and for reading, in general, any comments or suggestions about this book?

Thanks.

Excellennt book, with good detailed information. I bought that book about a month into my lucidity quest and it has helped me. In my opinion it is well worth the 6 or 7 dollars it costs

Here is one:
https://www.marilynelectronics.net/products/watches/vl3.htm
Seems a bit expensive, though i am sure you can find cheaper ones. :smile:

lucidity master - you’ve had 41 LD’s this month, what the hell did u do to manage that ammount of LD’s in one month, and theres still 4 days left, what method do you use, what have you done to gain all these LD’s???

Thanks.

yeah, drink two :yinyang: