How long was it for u until you had your first lucid dream?

I’m new to all this and am very interested in learning. I am very patient and am sure that it will take a long time to master, but i was just wondering how long did it take until you had your first lucid dream?is it a natural talent?did u learn to use it over a period of time?how old were you when u started?

Im not being nosey or anything, i just want to get to know all of you, ive read a lot of posts (maybe i missed one like this) and u all seem very smart. I look forward to learning more about this and being able to discuss this all with u appropriately :wink:

until then, lataz :cool:

Hi Nightmare. First of all I love your avatar… I know that I have seen that somewhere but I can’t put a finger on it. :smile:

Anyway, it took me about 2 weeks before I had my first lucid dream. However, some people can do it naturally (thats why we call them “naturals”)

The most important thing is patience (which you have) and determination. IE, start by writing all your dreams down in a journal, etc. I’m sure you’ll find tons of useful information on this site and the forums on how to begin.

Good luck to you!

BTW, where did you first learn about lucid dreaming? I’m just asking cause it is very interesting to find out how each person came here…

Eeheheh, I was watching this show on Discovery about Sleep paralysis and this woman was talking about how she inducts lucid dreams into her mind so she can fight her way out of them. I didnt know what the hell this lady was talkin about so i went on the net and searched “lucid dreams”. Many sites popped up (including this one"Duh"), so i looked into a few of them, and soon enough this site cam up. I was very impressed with the layout of this site and couldnt stop reading it. Ive literally spent the past 3 days readin up on techniques and such, and ive already started a dreamjournal (2 dreams recorded :grin: ) I found it very interesting that the sites creator actually saw the site in a dream, made me want to get in touch with myself and my spiritual side more…eheheh do i ramble too much? see how my planned 3 sentences turn into a short story?eh i see u guys are gonna LOVE me sarcasm :tongue:

BTW, can images not be put in sigs or have i messed it somehow? (im not on familliar terms with BBcode)

Hi Nightmare, yup… cool avatar :wink: The first time i had my LD, it barely exceed 5 secs. Yup, 5 seconds!! The excitement was tremendous, even that was an understatement, those who had it knows what i mean…

I dont know if it was a talent bcuz i dont get it when i was a kid, it was kind of mnemonic induction that force myself to be aware, but that was only for my first LD. Bare in mind that i have no exposure to LD before my first. Well, my first LD was when i was about 19? Im not so sure about it cuz i dont see any article relating to it so i kept it to myself. At that time, i call it dream control. Only until recently i knew the right term for it, something like … 6 months ago? Personally i had a total of 3 LD’s, not much but i really appreciate it, bcuz of its rarity and its REALITY!! For me, it really felt more real compared to the real world…

U can actually browse through this site to get enough info… Refer to the links at the top of the page. Eg intro, what, starting…

Good luck dreaming…

I love ur pic thingy…i have seen that on heeps of horror websites, i like pics like that! :smile: anyway, i am 14 years old and i just learnt about all this dream stuff the other day. I havent had an LD yet but i hope i will soon. I think that it just comes naturally, you asked if it did before…
anyways i hope you learn a lot about it :smile: bye

oh hey thanks for the feedback, and yea it is a cool avatar, i use it almost everytime i got a forum account somewhere, evil stuff looks cool (dont worry im not a satist or anything eheheh)
i got this pic here https://www.insiemeweb.com/gif/html/gif71.html.

the sites in italian(i think its italian :eh: ), but theres not much reading involved when u lookin at pics.

THere seems to be a large age difference here between people. I think its great. Im only 16 and on lots of forums a lot of people are adults and dont take the younger seriously. Reading some posts it doesnt seem like that here. looks like a great community![/url]

Might want to revise your avatar… It is nice but I think the specifications are 60x60 and 6 KB max…

everyone can see it, so who cares? aint it out of doom is it? that old computer game… i remember seeing bodys with no legs hanging somewhere, hmm. can someone tell me if mine is working? for me its just an empty box with a little x in it :confused:
im 16 and had my first ld last night after 3rd day of knowing about them, didnt get much done in it but i can tell that im getting better. i found this site looking for forums about dreaming (not lucid didnt even know what it meant) i found the old forum and for 2 days i couldnt work out why it wouldnt let me post! someone should put a message on it saying its read only!! anyway i notticed a link saying “to the new forum” so then i came here and found out what a lucid dream was… i think the best advice is to use a person as a dream sign, think of a girl you dont see any more or at least very rarly, who you dream of alot (celebs/people you met on holiday/people from your past) then when ever you see them you just seem to nottice your dreaming, well it works for me :gni:
goodluck gettin lucid.

nightmare’s sig is just a box with an x in it for me… and that link just goes to “Cannot Find Server”

very strange, works on my screen and so does the site :shrug: its just mine that dont seem to work for me unless i click “show picture”

My daughter (5 years old) had her first lucid dream last night :smile:

She told me:

Wow Hypnodude, congradulations for your daughter! Just imagine how advanced she could be if she sticks with it and develops her skill…

BTW, did you teach her about lucid dreaming previously, or did she do this on her own?

sorry lucidmonkey, cant see ur avatar…and i changed it after i knew the specifications, it used to be a creepy skull coming out of myst…but honestly, i’ve only seen like 3 avatarssticking to their “specifications”
this is my newer one (its about a kb oversize…but :bored: ). Dont like it as much as my other one, but aw well…

Well, im still working on my dream memory. Its coming along, I’m starting to remember the base of about 2 dreams per night, ill get it soon enough :grin:

Eeheheh, wish i was gifted like some of the rest of u :tongue:

well… i have been trying for one month today… closest i have come is realising i am dreaming once… then falling thru a tunnel and having 2 false awakenings.

She noticed I write down all my dreams, so she wanted her own dream diary.
The only thing I told het about LDing was that it is possible to have control when you know you are dreaming.

BTW, this morning she was lucid again. :cool:
I am VERY jealous! :wink:

first for me was about 2 weeks, but it was only a 5 sec one.
still worth the effort though. good luck for future dreams

NIX

Wow hypnodude, your daughter could really become skilled and use Lucid Dreaming for a lot of good things. Starting at 5 opens a lot of doors… by that age kids are still maleable enough so that you could get her to realize that you don’t have to sleep through dreams. But, most people do end up becoming LDers when they are 20+ after remembering something from when they were a kid… so I wouldn’t be surprised if she just wasn’t interested. But if I knew about Lucid Dreaming at that age with my imagination… I would be much more satisfied with how I spent my time sleeping.

Hypnodude, I think it’s lovely that your daughter has had her first lucid dream. I have a five year old daughter too, and she is showing a keen interest in my dream diary :content: . Sometimes she asks me to write down hers as well. It would be lovely if she could learn how to lucid dream, as she seems to have a lot of bad dreams.

I got lucid with my first attempt, and second too.
After those I had to wait an week to be succesfull again.
wbtb with mild rules :smile:

whats the WBTB (wake back to bed) method? ive not heard of it, i almost got lucid on first try and second then on third i got high lucidity but now its stoped for afew days, maybe our pattern being so alike it would help me too.