Learning to fly in LD's

Theres lots of different ‘techniques’ for flying, but what it all comes down to, is believing without a doubt that you can do it.

Personally the way I first managed to fly was by asking a dream character how to do it. She told me to lie down on my front then start hovering, and then pretty much do whatever after that.

Like Jabbervok said, just believe. It is the same as walking through walls. For me for flying I started with jumps, gradually willing them to be higher, longer. I still often prefer super jumps to flying, it just feels different to me, funner.

I can’t fly in my lucid dreams, i have tried many times to no avail. Taking off from the ground that is.

I have flown twice, and both involved my self swimming in water and basically swimming out and into the air where i could either swim through the air, float or somehow make my self accelerate forward.

Problem would be that water has to be around.

It’s probably not like real flying as your sense’s are being messed with a bit, but it could help train people to fly taking off from the ground.

maybe you should try to start thinking of the air as water. Just close your eyes and try to swim up even though you are standing on ground.

I just recently picked up a flying block. I think i read it on this forum and now my mind is stuck on the idea. I can only fly if i have my arms out in superman style. When i go to retract them I fall. does anyone know how to break this block?

I had my first flying experience last night. I had some trouble in the begining though…i was running down a street at night trying to jump hard. Wasnt gettin me anywhere. So i think what i did was just focused on accelerating upwards towards the sky not thinking about the ground or gravity or anything. Well i flew up like a rocket and it was sick…then i came down even faster but landed nice on my feet…

Just imagine yourself as airplane-like. I stick out my arms and start to run, and then give a little kick off. Boom, I’m in the air, and all I have to do is keep my arms out and tilt my body a bit to turn.

Taking Flight

My old topic on flying

Dammit, can someone please edit that post to get the link to work. I can’t figure it out. Sorry

Nice suggestion Mtoker…you suggested for Morphius.

Morphius you tried voice commands?
you really pulled every register already open at the same time?
you can do so many things…like make gravity repulse yourself etc etc
Try some suggestions…and make a to do so list that u can memorize in waking time…so when u got a ld you dont have to come up with something but already have a memorized strategy to realize your goal, flying!

Good luck!
Jeff

Lately I have had loads of problems flying, or rather, staying in the air after a lucid superjump! I can jump really high, perhaps you should try that and go from there. Hmm next LD i hope i remember to jump, aim straight down, and then swerve upwards… or maybe i’ll just jump off a cliff. But then again I can’t teleport anyways.

imagine there is a huge amount of energy under ur feet.

Yes I like the old superman with energy pushing you forward style

I always used to fly through the air by swimming. For years I didn’t even realize that I was emulating swimming while doing that. For the past year or so I’ve been doing more or less automatic flying, without effort. I kind of move straight up into the air somehow, as though I’m looking down while I go on my tip-toes but keep going higher and higher…

well i won’t be much help here lol.

When i fly i just do it, i don’t have to use commands it’s like a natural thing. For example it’s like walking, you tell yourself to walk but it’s just second nature you know what you want to do and do it with out verbal direction.

When I first learned how to fly in my LD’s, I learned how to fly downward (like down the stairs) and swimming (breast stroke). I slowly increased to using my arms as wings (pffffew that was hard), then superman/airplane style, and now I do it automatically. I don’t have to do specific rituals or positions to get myself flying now. It’s actually my first nature… it seems. It’s easier for me to fly than to walk in my LD’s… especially if it’s a high level LD and is stabilized.

Maybe you could start with basic then increase as your skills increase. That’s what I did. Also maybe you can try leaping and leaping as if you’re on the moon until you really LEAAAAAP that you’re out of the orbit… therefore you fly. :wink: Experiment, experiment, experiment! Remember, you’re not limited to the actual way of flying. :content:

have any of you tried NEO style one hand out one in

I have. :wink: For a while, that usually is my speedy position if I want to fly fast, but it is hard to steer for some reasons. :razz: But now I just fly freely from any type of positions. :smile: I’m freeee! I just float freely. :happy:

For me I fly superman style pretty much like to says on ld4all site. For me though flying is second nature, I don’t really have to think about it to do it but it is always a thrill

y does everyone fly all the time?i have never flown in a dream ever ever.am i mising out??

You mean in an LD? I’d guess so, but I’ve never flown either (though not from lack of trying).

Why does everyone fly? Well: because it’s fun :wink:.