Abortion. Your thoughts?

I wouldn’t say abortion clinics are out to make money, there are many other positions that a doctor could take to make a living and they wouldn’t get threats either.
If they do not believe the ‘product of conception’ is a baby then they won’t call it that. The thing is that people have different views of when or if it is ok to ‘kill’ the ‘product of conception’ and to me it is only a question of morals. Whatever you believe you believe and you do what you can to uphold those morals.

Insane Goth i sort of believe in the predetermined thing, up to a point, and i have the view that if it happens it happens, can’t change the past (yet), but i am sure there are other people with a different view even though they think everythings predetermined.

Wow this topic came up last week i think…weird coincidence…Here’s what i think:

Women who got raped or simply didnt want to have a kid should NOT kill that living being. If they were raped, i realize they probably dont want the baby, but tehy should not just kill it without giving it a chance to LIvE! If thw woman just didnt WanT the baby, they should not kill it because of their mistake of having it in the 1st place! The baby should not deserve to get killed because the woman they would so call ‘mother’ had sex w/ a guy and hoped no1 would get affected by taht.

I would rather give up my baby than kill it without giving it a chnace to live.

All in all i dont think ANy female should get an abortion because they would Not give that poor living being a chance at LIFe…who would be able to live w/ That dessision 4 the rest of their life? I 4 one would not be able to.

Pray 4 the ones who were never given a chance at liFe…something we ALL take 4 granted.

I believe that abortion shouldn’t happen. As Atheist and Kat said it is simply killing the baby before it has a chance to do anything. And just because it hasn’t been born doesn;t mean it’s not yet alive.

I think most of us here belive that we make our own path in life.

Im pro-life, and Ive typed lots of school essays on why Im pro-life on my computer. This isnt the only message board I go to, I go to lots of other MB about politics and we debate about this issue all the time. First off, I really DO believe life begins at conception. The reason Im pro-life is because I simply think, if you chose to have sex when youre not capable of handling a baby and you DO get pregnant, shutting off that life is incredibly selfish and wrong. I also think adoption centers will gladly take up unwanted babys, and then sexually defunct couples will happily adopt your unwanted baby.

I also feel pro-choice people’s belief that legalizing abortion brings people there freedom is really weak. What’s brings more freedom, the right to make a small choice, or allowing your unwanted baby the chance to live a life? Im gonna go with the babys life, considering thats a lifetime of freedom instead of making a quick decision.

Now thats my belief. But hey, lets not let our opposing opinions beat our friendships alright? On my political message boards we all hate each other and I want atleast one board where all the people I talk to are nice, instead of uptight pricks. Debating can cause major conflicts lol.

Exactly one day after i had posted this post i saw a show thing on tv that had to do w/ exctly ThiS issue. Here is what it was about:

A woman had just gotten pregnant and unfortunately at the same time her boyfriend found out he had a deadly dicease/cancer. The doctor told the woman that the baby had a 50% chance of being born w/ taht deadly dicease. The boyfriend actually asked the woman to break up w/ him AND have an abortion. After much deliberation, the woman decided to “terminate the pregnancy”

…WaS This the right thing to do? What would u have done?..

On My part i think the woman should have kept the baby. There STILl was a 50% chance that the baby would NOT get the dicease. All she would be able to do is hope and pray that the baby would not get it, but that can always turn the other way. …BUT…what if it did get it? It would be Too late to do anything about it. The baby would suffer throughout life and so would the mother(the father would already be gone). Of course there have been some ppl to have lived through cancer, but im not sure ppl BoRn w/ it can.

So all in all…what WouLd be the right thing to do if this happened to U, family of friennds?

Ok, I came in late so didn’t read the whole thread…so sorry for repeating anything.

I think abortion should be legal, and I wish the US would force aborts on some people. But I won’t go into that.

But what really gets me is this…

If a woman wants to have an abortion, but the guy wants to keep the baby, MOST of the time she can/will have an abortion. Now I know the guy can take her to the court and fight it for various reasons (in the US). But most of the time he has little say on what happens to HIS child.

BUT if the guy wants HIS baby aborted and the girl doesn’t, he has no say whatso ever. And when the baby is born he will be FORCED to pay child support!

I cAn see how this is definitelly unfair to the guy christopher, taht he has no ‘say’ but this is only because its the WomAn that carries the thing, she messes up her body and she has to go through so many things while pregnant. She is the one that has given life to the kid, so did the man but he only helped with his ‘tadpoles’, she helped w/ her whole body. Its different if she wants it and the guy does not.

Whereas i suppose the individual may, at some ponit in the eternal future, have to answer to a higher power (ok, does that sound politically correct enough? everybody knows I’m christian in the traditional sense. LOL) Anyway, I look at it like this… if evolution is true, then I’m PRO-abortion. For that matter I’m also against any kind of aid to the poor or sick, and I’m PRO-AIDS.

Why? Because in at least 90% of cases, people who have abortions are irresponsible, less evolved people with a lack of self-control, or at least responsibility. They shouldn’t even be ALLOWED to have children. People who are sick or poor are no different from a sick or weak animal in a herd that should be eaten by the first hungry predator to come along, and thereby strengthening the herd by limiting the introduction of bad genes into the population.

Why should a society that believes in the merits of evolution give a flying **** about whether a bunch of backward, third-world, inbred, socially irresponsible people die of AIDS? They should all simply be quarantined - or shot on the spot to prevent the accidental spread of AIDS to a productive, useful member of society.

Likewise, all OLD people should be shot once they cannot work anymore. Well… maybe we should let them off with a huge overdose of opiates… less painful.

In closing, all people who are not young enough, willing, able, and responsible enough to contribute to a thriving society are not worth wasting resources on. END welfare. PROMOTE abortion. KILL aids patients. That about sums it up.

We should all have the right to live in a free, prosperous society without having to deal with the disgusting human debris that has no interest in coexisting and contributing.

Oh, and while I’m at it… the Muslims and Jews maintain very inconvenient religions that are destructive to world peace. They should be nuked or something.

(This has been a tongue-in-cheek post. Please be aware that it runs counter to my actual views.)

The flames shall now commence.
:smile:

:confused:
Sarcasm?
Or were you serious?

I really hope you are joking Davion… You are a very sick person, if this was not an attempt at sarcasm

What are you guys talking about? His post ended with:

lol athiest! Pay’s to read the WHOLE of the argument before trying to shoot Davion :smile: I’m glad you were being sarcastic, although it wasnt entirely funny

I either suffered temporarely blindness or it was edited afterwards… I for sure read the whole post atleast… :smile:

I did suspect he was using sarcasm, why i said he was a sick person if that was not the case

it was never edited, I read it before anyone reply and it has stayed the same.

I thought it was well worded and thought provoking, with only about 2% humor.

Glad to see you drop by again Davion. :smile:

I am not fond of the idea. If you don’t want to have kids, use a dam condom or something. I’m not discouraging sex cause i like to screw my friends. I would never want my gf or wife or whoever to have an abortion, but I don’t really care if anyone else does it, that’s their choice. The government has NO RIGHT to tell people if they can or can’t have an abortion. They also have NO RIGHT to keep same sex marriages illegal. In the United States, based on equality and all that, two people that love each other STILL can’t get married if they are the same sex. It’s the year 2004, the united states has been around for like…300 years(not sure). When will discrimination end? Never. Abortion is not really discriminated against, it’s just questioned, the government is getting to involved in peoples personal lives. They are their to protect us and to help keep us free, not to mold our lives to their ideas.

Protect who? The people and children? Abortion is the opposite of “protection” and “freedom.” What freedom does that child have? The child is murdered and stripped of it’s freedom and choices. That’s why abortion should be illegal. It’s murder on the same scale as the holocaust.

Murder has been and should always be illegal. I think the government has every right to enforce laws that prohibit murder.

It isn’t a child, a fetus isn’t born, it dusn’t breathe. It’s never been alive, so it can’t die.

I am officially blind then :neutral:

Well it is “alive” in some sense, but I still dont think its murder, not to say that it is an act greatness either. My thoughts, are that the fetus at that point does not have a soul or conscience. If you think that is murder than what about wearing a condom? or masturbation? You could take it so far as to say that not impregnanting every woman you see is murder a million times over. I dont think that a being has a soul or whatever until it can at least think. A baby can’t even remember things until it is around 8 months old. Killing a fetus to me is like the equivilent of killing an insect, or a fish, or almost any other type of animal. It basically runs purely of instict and reaction (now the question of is that just what we do is a totally diffrent subject…)
So of course abortion isn’t a great thing, but I find it to be the appropriate thing is some situations.

Disturbing as that image might be, it doesnt really prove anything. The same thing happens with a tick. Fighting back is a natral reaction that almost all living things have. Once again though, that doesnt mean its a great thing.
All I’m saying that abortion ISN’T the same as murder in the way I think of it. Those are my thoughts, not trying to impose them on you, just stating them.

EDIT: The ISN’T in the second to last line was a “is” lol