No one under 13 admitted

I haven’t had a LD in a very long time, and I got to thinking about my last lucid experience. My last lucid experience was when I was sleeping with my ex-girlfriend, and when I thought about it harder, I got to thinking that all of my lucid experiences have either been under the influence of chocolate, melatonin, or… well… :nodnodwinkwink: before I went to sleep.

What parts of the brain do those things trigger, and how do I make it a little more consistant?

I didn’t put this under shortcuts to lucidity because I think that there’s a psychological phenomena here, rather than a neurotransmitter based one…

points to lame topic o.o eet more chocolate?..
but, on your question - dont ask me, i have no idea.

Hmm Loose Id. Interesting point to bring up. I have not seen many discussions here about how sex could help induce LDs.

I seem to remember reading how chocolate releases the same chemicals in the brain as sex and love. So if you say chocolate helps, I wouldn’t doubt it if :nodnodwinkwink: helps too.

Perhaps this is how our member Jack has been able to be so successful. :cool:

Jeff is the expert here, but I think all things you mentioned release “rewarding” body chemicals.
The main chemicals in the “reward system” are dopamin and serotonin.

Especially serotonin, but also dopamin are knowen to play a role in sleep regulation.
I am not sure, but I think I´ve read that serotonin is responsiblle for the deep, non-rem periods.

tapir

looks at the topic and concludes that if he were under 13, this is the first topic he would read

anyway, i’ve been wondering about with that question for a while, i haven’t really noticed any direct correlation between sex or masturbation and LDing

but i have had a couple experiences after sex where i had an LD. my theory was this. i usually sleep alone so sleeping with somebody else in the bed who moves around periodically (one of my exes moved around a lot) sorta woke me up (i’m a light sleeper) but woke me up in the dream, not all the way to the physical world… until she moved again that is :grrr:

As with everything in life sex helps a lot:)
In my experience tho,making it to yourself does not have so good effects-which is a real pity:)
Anyways,in my case ive noticed some kind of the pattern but i wouldnt call it a method or even close…it might also have been a coincidence.Ive had lds after really really exhausting sex sessions.Not long ones but frequent,many and done hmmm…intensively…“like there was nothing else”…thats how i recommend to do it btw:)
On those occasions i had more lds.Such a shame it cant be a technique:(
I got the thought actually- you may know these times before and during the orgasms are said to be similar to trance.Some sources say that at this very moment you are so much connected with yourself(in a way:) and your subcounciousness that its supposed to be easy to send mental message like “i have ld tonight” or similar.Hehe,just keep it quiet,im not sure if your partners would like to hear it shouted out loud in a second they share with you:)

Ps.thx DA:)

“Now tell me, who is this girl Lucy you are always talking about?” :grrr:
“No no, I said lucid…”

tapir :wink:

LOL Tapir!:slight_smile:

thanks for the insight y’all. Last night I had an LD with a really wierd method. I made up a little LD jingle and I remembered it sort of in the dream. I spent the rest of the dream throwing my friends into space, it was so funny… guess you had to be there.

It said at the Lucidity Institute that vomiting and sex both help induce lucid dreams.

Vomitting?!
Could you please post a link to it? Not that I´d want to try, but I am curious :wink:

tapir

hobbes, why would you say something like that before new years? knowing full well i’m going to my friend’s after a stop at the ABC store… i mean vomiting contributing to LDs? c’mon man, be more responsible with that kinda information :yinyang:

Not as techniques, people! People (like people who weren’t using LD techniques) seem to spontaneously have LDs after these activities in the middle of the night.

oh right, yeah… that’s what i meant, when i said that umm… yeah :shy: