No knowledge of RL me in dream

Quote from my dream journal
[b]
Tuesday 30 Dec

…I’m not sure if this is a separate dream or not; but it seemed to follow on from the previous action. It was the same location.
I seemed to become a different personality…I was a young male with no knowledge of the real me. I was in 104’s back garden on the concrete part. My “father” was there…I thought that the profile of his eyes, nose etc was the shape of a “S-Phone”. He smiled and then sat on the floor near the veranda. I brushed all the bits of earth, small stones and rubbish together on the hard surface. [/b]

I was just wondering if other’s had experienced this lack of knowledge of their real self in a dream. My thought processes were different, I had a different gender but I felt I was “me” as if my real identity was erased.

strange… just last night i had a dream where “i” was a chick running away from people and stealing a submarine

but yeah, i have dreams from time to time where i’m not actually in it, they’re usually third person dreams, but occasionally i’ll occupy a body that’s not mine, sometimes the body will turn into my body, sometimes it doesn’t shrug

I’m usually a more confident version of myself in dreams, answering people back, stating my opinions, being assertive. I’d love to be like that in real life. I’ve never actually been a different identity though.

It was the first time that it had happened to me. Everything seemed normal in my dream…but on waking it was quite disturbing to think that all knowledge of yourself and your way of thinking could be erased so easily.

I remember one of those dreams only. Then again I don’t recall dreams I’ve had at night anymore… I should work on that but I’ve lost all motivation… anyway I was playing a character from a video game I was playing… I didn’t think much of it after I woke up. Usually I’m stupid and lacking certain bits of knowledge in my dreams.